What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perhaps get that review that you mention in your signature? A bet a lot of us have been sitting unreviewed due to this virus. As @ianpspurs rightly says, you are testing and staying on top of things. xxx
Yes I think if I got my Hba1c tested it might give me the kick I need to get myself sorted .Also it turns out that I have a uti so that has probably effected some of my reading .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 don't understand why I'm always so high in the morning (7am). I was 7.6 yesterday but by 10:30am when I ate breakfast it was down to 6?
Mine tends to rise until I eat think its due to stored glucose in the liver ...which then kindly realises into your blood stream :rolleyes:

Reactions: ert

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a few 9's over the last couple of days but it turns out that I have a uti so that might have been the reason ...think I will have to resort to antibiotics because got some heavy work shifts all over Easter and most of nxt week .

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 today at 84 hours into fasting. Average is 4.0 and some of the readings were in 3.x (35% were below 3.9 though nothing below 3.6) so hopefully liver dump is taken care of.

I am feeling quite tip-top so I am planning to take this to 96 hours mark but we will see how the events unfold during the day. Mrs. Nutribolt is right on the edge so might have to eat earlier.:D

Have a great start of the long weekend everyone. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am embarrassed to report 7.3 after a perfect storm yesterday of chocolate cake making involving bowl licks and mini eggs and Fish Finger Firsday. I need to be much better today when the clan of 6 meets outside for the first time since Christmas 2019.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Mmm back in the 7s

Been suffering from a head cold sinus since 15th March I'm now thinking that is not helping with my BSL as well. Might see if I can get in to see doctor and no don't think it's covid as been sneezing and stuffy nose headaches which I don't think are symptoms of covid but will ring my clinic see what they say to do

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sneaked back into the fives club with a 5.9 which is a nice enough birthday present.
I’m tempted by a hot cross bun too @CostswoldsBloke but I don’t think I’m brave enough, enjoy.
Didn't know it was your birthday, hope you have a lovely day.:)

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @DJC3 and many more to come. Swipey showed 4.5 @ 4.05 am rising to 4.8 by 5.20 am. What it was really matters not in some ways as what I eat and do won't change much for now but they will evolve. Friday will always be super salmon salad day. Enjoy the gathering @PenguinMum - very brave as the wind would cut you in half here. Hug for the UTI @mojo37

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Yes I think if I got my Hba1c tested it might give me the kick I need to get myself sorted .Also it turns out that I have a uti so that has probably effected some of my reading .
UTIs are awful - poor you. That would certainly push things up temporarily. Rattle the GPs cage.

Reactions: DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

5.2 this morning.

@DJC3 -- Happy birthday, hope you'll have a ball of a day.
@PenguinMum -- Enjoy the time with your family.
@mojo37 -- Hugs for the UTI.
@annabell1 -- Hugs for the cold.
@KStag -- Welcome to the thread. Re higher fasting levels, this might be the dreaded dawn phenomenon. Many of us, see higher levels upon getting up than later in the day.