What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not been around much.
Spent most of last Thursday at Ninewells attached to EGC's and various tests after an arrhythemia. Nothing to worry about seems to have been the conclusion. Heart always been showing irregular patterns...

FBG have been all over the place.
7 6.1
8 6.2
9 5.0
10 4.8
11 4.3
12 5.8
13 5.4

The low days were possibly down to missing out lunch completely and very light dinners.

Take care one and all.
@hankjam my OH’s heart has the occasional hiccup - missing beats, extra beats, fast heart rate - spent an interesting evening in A&E when his heart rate went up to 180 bpm for about 5 hours - just as they were debating shocking it it decided to behave. They upped the Bisoprol which worked but increased his asthma symptoms. Ironically he has a pace maker because, following major heart surgery which damaged his sinus node, his heart beat is too slow!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Either 4.3 or 4.6 on Swipey both ok (ish) I suppose. @DJC3 thank you. Suffolk tree pollen is defo not for me. @nutribolt hope you feel better soon. @CotswoldsBloke best wishes for A1c - should be a breeze. @Andydragon so you should be pleased. @Tannith stunning drop in OGT. @PenguinMum hug for higher fbg than you want - even with FFF (SSAS here today :woot::woot:) @1970clea this may not please you but everyone I met within a year of retiring said you look so much younger and healthier (you know, that first 2 days back after summer look) - guess what I did for almost 4 decades?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@hankjam my OH’s heart has the occasional hiccup - missing beats, extra beats, fast heart rate - spent an interesting evening in A&E when his heart rate went up to 180 bpm for about 5 hours - just as they were debating shocking it it decided to behave. They upped the Bisoprol which worked but increased his asthma symptoms. Ironically he has a pace maker because, following major heart surgery which damaged his sinus node, his heart beat is too slow!

Thank you @Daphne917 , I hope your OH is in a good place at the mo and that things have settled!! It is a bit of a worry as I don't seem to be getting much feedback as to what is going on.... hope for some news soon... I think my trigger is probably eating something too quickly and giving myself indigestion, wind and then it kicks off.... so less bolting of food required!!
Take care

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late again for posting - have been having a bit of busy schedule these days. Thanks for the kind words @DJC3 , @ziggy_w and @ianpspurs.

7.2 at 8.30AM this morning. The average so far has been 7.4 and max it went was 8.9 at around 3PM. Its 20 hours into fasting right now and reading is 7. :(:(

I just have to keep reminding myself that these readings are without any medication for diabetes, so it's still all good. I am repeating this to myself every time I look at the 7.6+ reading - "Up until Sep'20 readings were in double digits even with medication, so it's all good...stay the course."

Anyway Friday evening - weekend is about to start - Have a good one all. :)

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@1970clea[/USER] this may not please you but everyone I met within a year of retiring said you look so much younger and healthier (you know, that first 2 days back after summer look) - guess what I did for almost 4 decades?

Not in my immediate future either, lol! I started this when I was 30 now I am 50 so a decade to push at least with the ever increasing retirement age!! What did you teach? I'm Maths.