What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.1 at 0500 this morning.

Built the treadmill yesterday. Didn’t use it, was too beautiful a day to waste, ran 5k and managed under 30 minutes for the first time ever.

Off to work shortly, have a great day everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 not completely surprised as I was awake on and off from 3am with sciatic pain. I have Hiit session with PT today - that’ll kill or cure it.

What a great relief that must be to get all those papers finished @ziggy_w and what dedication! Are you still taking zoom classes or are you face to face now?

Congrats on the PB @HeliGary
@CotswoldsBloke have you tried Seriously Low Carb bread? Might satisfy your toast cravings.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 at 6AM yesterday morning and 6.6 at 6AM today. Average reading yesterday was 7.5 and max it went was 10.3 and overnight average for today so far has been 7.5 too with maxing out at 9.9 around 01.25AM.

I have tried resting, walking and reducing fasting window down to 16 hours but nothing seems to be helping. The cold and headache is relatively less today than it has been in mornings for whole of last week so I am planning to get back to 36 hours or more of fasting in my bid to get the numbers down; whether it will work is quite another story but it will not be for lack of trying.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 at 6AM yesterday morning and 6.6 at 6AM today. Average reading yesterday was 7.5 and max it went was 10.3 and overnight average for today so far has been 7.5 too with maxing out at 9.9 around 01.25AM.

I have tried resting, walking and reducing fasting window down to 16 hours but nothing seems to be helping. The cold and headache is relatively less today than it has been in mornings for whole of last week so I am planning to get back to 36 hours or more of fasting in my bid to get the numbers down; whether it will work is quite another story but it will not be for lack of trying.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)

Hugs for feeling rough and the numbers which are way out of your normal range. Are you sure it’s not the dreaded C? Have you taken a test?
Hope you get back to normal soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.9 on Swipey today - Meh. Tiny piece of Julie's birthday cake yesterday (no icing, always hated that) but otherwise little food. Genuinely no idea what level is realistic to expect from an ageing body and constraints of the taste of so much lc food. @ziggy_w hug for all nighters - don't miss those but do remember them.:arghh: @nutribolt hug for the high numbers/suboptimal feelings conundrum. @HeliGary smashing it with exercise and numbers. @CotswoldsBloke many here find SLC bread fine - I hated it but the rolls were a compromise. @DJC3 sciatica and HIIT aren't a combination I'd mix so good luck with that.

Last edited:

CotswoldsBloke

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@CotswoldsBloke have you tried Seriously Low Carb bread? Might satisfy your toast cravings.

Thanks, @DJC3, I’ve ordered some bread and rolls. I have used the Nimble Hovis for an occasional treat but it’s still 8g carbs per slice, which is almost half of my daily goal.

Thanks for the recommendation.

@ianpspurs, hopefully it’ll hit the spot

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
A dastardly 6.7 at 0730 had I got up at 0600 earlier Swipey said Bingo! Went up in a straight line after that. Onwards!

Reactions: hankjam

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @DJC3, I’ve ordered some bread and rolls. I have used the Nimble Hovis for an occasional treat but it’s still 8g carbs per slice, which is almost half of my daily goal.

Thanks for the recommendation.

@ianpspurs, hopefully it’ll hit the spot
I prefer this for toast and sandwiches. They even incorporate the yeast into the mix these days @DJC3 ;) I had never heard the phrase hit the spot until joining this forum (I was 60). Up there with staycation and cupcake to illogically enrage me.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 this morning cut my carb intake to just under a 100 yesterday also had readings of 6.5 and 6.3 2 hrs after meals . Now back looking for low carb bread . Bread is something that I really would hate to have to give up .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 this morning cut my carb intake to just under a 100 yesterday also had readings of 6.5 and 6.3 2 hrs after meals . Now back looking for low carb bread . Bread is something that I really would hate to have to give up .
:woot:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not been too happy with mine, either. Bit better today with a 5.9.
Fasting much of yesterday.
Well done to those seeing good progress.
To those having a bit of a wobble, keep on keeping on.
You are all winners.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for feeling rough and the numbers which are way out of your normal range. Are you sure it’s not the dreaded C? Have you taken a test?
Hope you get back to normal soon.

Thanks... Yeah I am pretty sure it is not COVID as I don't have any of those symptoms and these are not even half as bad as how I felt after the first vaccination. Although come to think of it ever since the first vaccination numbers have not recovered but they were nowhere near as high as the ones I am having since past one week :(

Reactions: DJC3