What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today. A piece of tempting MRs MCs Victorian Sponge with Strawberry Jam thick fresh cream and fresh Strawberry Layer in the middle could be the culprit, it was only a smigin of a piece, honestly.

Two eldest Grandchildren arriving for the Morning, Mrs MC says she getting them cooking, going to be noisy.:)

BBQ at sons later, when daughters family will be joining us, going to be wet. :banghead:

Keep safe take the day as it comes.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice set of pics. What resizer are you now using? I have one called Image Size by Www.codenia.com which works quite well but am always on the lookout for alternatives. I use the free version that has ads on but I don’t mind that, they are not that intrusive.

Sorry for late response.

I used Quick pic for years on droid.
Some of the reviews slated it , but personally I only use it to resize.

Was a simple choice set resize list, but it changed.

This incarnation it's back with resize by personal choice, is, you pick size 800 X 1200 etc.
As in your own current app.

Works ok now, and usefully allows me to make folders that stop Google backing everything up to my cloud & reducing the space.

I used lit ..for the pics you mentioned.

( I do love a bargain.
Used to use Samsung, frustrated at slow droid updates.
Went Moto .quick updates very good
Got persuaded to try redmi (Xiaomi)
Regular updates..liked very much

treated myself to new one ( redmi) phone for birthday, 5G NFC 128GB 48 MP camera for a little over £100.
(Why anyone pays for apple...no idea..:hilarious::hilarious:
Sorry Brsbri, if still looking in.. Ur missed )

The LIT app
It too creates it's own separate folder like codenia.
I like that it display all the pics like so

IMG_20210515_070319.jpg

Makes it easier to see which ones I HAVE reduced.
( Resized only used to post pic to forums.
Most requested 800 or under 1mgb )

I tried codenia as your suggestion
Looks ok, will keep for a bit..cheers.

Just as an add..on pc / laptops I've used irfanview since I started using computers.

Tried most others...find irfanview suits my needs best

Photoshop / Gimp all very good, but for me irfanview shines out
Simple to use, regularly updated, free.

I rate techradar reviews.
Here's their 2 bits on irfanview..

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/irfanview

No ads whatsoever.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning. Last night it was 4.2 so.quite a big jump.

It looks like just one more week with the dressing on the back of my head as it is continuing to heal well.

Another busy day ahead. Dog walk first - hopefully the forecast is wrong and it won't start raining shortly.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
Was a cool day yesterday with half an hours worth of sunshine late afternoon.
I see there is another week of cool weather in prospect for next week.
So no sitting in the garden trying to strike a balance between Vit D and Actinic Keratosis.

Hoping to get into doing more walking in the coming weeks but I have been feeling exhausted of late, but think its medication driven.
D.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Unusually wide awake and up with the birds this morning. No fbs test today as strips out of date and awaiting order of new ones. After 46 years in the same property we have made and had accepted an offer on a bungalow as stairs are beginning to be a problem. Didn't expect the deluge of paperwork and extra costs it has generated. :arghh: We have now done all required of us and are now entering a long wait and uncertainty. :nailbiting: Best wishes for a good week ahead for everyone. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I gave a winner for the art and for facing up to what often challenges us all. Strange how emotional memories can effect how we feel about our creativity for better or worse. Painting is full of feeling and I hope you can now see how pleasing the result is.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
It took me awhile to get there...

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How do I process and do justice to the mountain of information and hinterlands/ back stories hidden in all the posts since I last visited? Here goes. @dogslife exciting times and a bungalow sounds a great idea. @Muddy Cyclist the sponge, Mrs M C and children cooking and family BBQ sound wonderful wet or not. @gennepher enjoy the food and kudos for dealing with memories and triumphing. @dunelm self assembly recipes, novel move from IKEA. @jjraak thanks for sharing image app. I'm not a photo kind of guy, Julie takes them so I'll pass the info on. @lindisfel hug for feeling exhausted lately. @Krystyna23040 good news on wound healing, meh for fbg but you said yesterday would be busy. @karen8967 another good fbg. Libre has been strewing Er 3 and Er 9 all over the place plus exotic numbers so Abbott will replace but I kept it on overnight and 2 or so hrs later than usual was 5.4. I'm hoping for rain to water the newly overseeded (with exotic seed) lawn. For you tie dye types, the seeds were not of he Jamaican Woodbine variety. Toodle Pip.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We did not dare disobey our Chinese teacher @Krystyna23040
She ranted and raved at us in Chinese if we did not do as we were told, and she only spoke Chinese…and Mandarin and a few other things...
I don't think I am very good at ranting and raving so it wouldn't work for me. Class members have been very good and sanitised any surfaces that they have touched in the class - which has been a huge help - and means that I only need to do the floors and toilets.

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
meh for fbg
These higher fbs are really interesting. The higher fbs is the lower the after breakfast reading is. Sometimes lower than fbs. So something very interesting is going on at the moment. If only liver and pancreas would let me in on the secret.

As well as waist measurement decreasing and resting pulse rate going back to normal I am now recording lower BP. I normally record numbers in a very good range, but now it is dropping even lower.

So a lot of good things happening and I am assuming that pancreas and liver are going through changes that will be good in the long term but are resulting in higher fbs in the short term.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning. Last night it was 4.2 so.quite a big jump.

It looks like just one more week with the dressing on the back of my head as it is continuing to heal well.

Another busy day ahead. Dog walk first - hopefully the forecast is wrong and it won't start raining shortly.

I suspect head wounds dressing have improved since Jill's day.
But if not, good luck on getting the last bit of
" Vinegar & brown paper :singing:" off ..:bag:

Sounded like quite a nasty fall & wound.

Good to see your almost at the end of recovery

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
These higher fbs are really interesting. The higher fbs is the lower the after breakfast reading is. Sometimes lower than fbs. So something very interesting is going on at the moment. If only liver and pancreas would let me in on the secret.

As well as waist measurement decreasing and resting pulse rate going back to normal I am now recording lower BP. I normally record numbers in a very good range, but now it is dropping even lower.

So a lot of good things happening and I am assuming that pancreas and liver are going through changes that will be good in the long term but are resulting in higher fbs in the short term.
Those sound like very positive changes. Aside from P:E, the imminent return to real life classes and your sister coming back to help with admin soon, has any thing else changed? Now I've put that on screen, that looks like quite a few changes.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.6 today

Had 2nd jab on Friday afternoon and although not as bad this time I'm still feeling really tired. Hopefully back to normal posting tomorrow.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting article. Kudos to the man for making no money from the book. May not agree with everything he says but the N=1 personal threshold and it isn't all about weight/BMI kill a few urban myths. All IMHO.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Those sound like very positive changes. Aside from P:E, the imminent return to real life classes and your sister coming back to help with admin soon, has any thing else changed? Now I've put that on screen, that looks like quite a few changes.
The only change I have made is the P.E. Diet. I am puzzled why fasting blood sugars are higher but other markers like resting heart rate, weight and blood pressure are better. Have decided not to worry about it as daytime readings are good.

Reactions: geefull

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect head wounds dressing have improved since Jill's day.
But if not, good luck on getting the last bit of
" Vinegar & brown paper :singing:" off ..:bag:

Sounded like quite a nasty fall & sound.

Good to see your almost at the end of recovery
I am so pleased to report that wound dressing has improved since Jill's day. I think I was unlucky that the glue and stiches failed - which is why it is taking so long to heal.

Reactions: ianpspurs