What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a long hot day working in the "garden"

First BBQ of the year. Sitting in the evening sunshine, crickets chirping and a pair of Linnets are flirting along the fence. Swallows overhead and not a single vapour trail mars the perfect blue sky. Errant has returned, and is hoping for a share. Glass of rosé to hand, life doesnt get much better.

View attachment 49696View attachment 49697
Absolutely brilliant @SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

No painting today...
Why?
Because his Lordship Popeye is 29 years old today.
He was born to my little black cat Amethyst (Ammy), 29 years ago.
Me and him have just been for a walk round the garden just after dawn broke, and he has sniffed out where every night time intruder has left its scent, and he has chewed every blade of grass...

IMG_31052021_063414_(1500_x_1500_pixel).jpg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.25am FBG 5.8
Long hot day yesterday. Got a bit pink on the arms, so need to be very careful with the sun today. Otherwise its more of the same, dig vegetable gardens, pull weeds from anywhere, rake up the cut grass. Its too long for the new grass collector to deal with :meh:. This had made an enormous amount of work, if the grass ,which is more like hay, is left, underneath it rots...so has to be got off ASAP. Except I have to be careful. Not only of the sun, but also not to overstrain my shoulders. Alernating tasks helps, a bit.
Hoping to plant some seeds today, second vegetable bed might be ready.
Time to go out. Few last night so digging first today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Bank Holiday Monday for our UK readers. Happy birthday Popeye. Stunning longevity for a cat isn't it @gennepher? A well earned time of peace, tranquillity and pure pleasure @SlimLizzy. The walk and sunshine sounds lovely @Krystyna23040. So Swipey was on 4.4 this morning. Egg and cheese salad is nothing unusual for me so probably the colour of my socks, shirt or phase of the moon. It is warmer and I cut the miniature lawn twice just for sheer pleasure but really?? so much variance for basically a set menu. We had a non paying guest overnight. Sheer delight from cynical old man and innocent little girl watching Iggle Piggle, Makka Pakka and all. :woot::woot: Yes, we watched two episodes. Don't be looking for signs and miracles in odd places they're much closer to home. Pip Pip Old Toots.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

A 6.3 from the meter of mirth.

Day out yesterday, with the furry nephew.

Glorious, warm & sunny

Traffic minimal as we headed out.
Which lulled me into trying to park in one of the two car parks ..no chance :hilarious:

Parked outside and headed in
People everywhere, when we got in, all enjoying the sun shine.

But it thinned out as we set off on our usual route, so pleasant & safe

A walk for the dog with added therapeutic qualities for me.

Last time there, with daughter, far fewer people but it was just after I'd started walking independently after accident, so a good moment to check improvements.

Walking was fine over the undulating ground, articulation of both ankle joints good.

While I certainly wouldn't consider running on such ground at moment ( not that I'm running anywhere yet, anyway :bag:)

I felt good about how little the terrain bothered me.
Another step on the road back, it felt.

A small picnic by a little stream that runs through the park, topped off a rather nice day out.

@lindisfel .

We both noticed a particular bird, in the water as we picnicked.
It was a very distinctive plumage
probably very common, but a new one to us.

Perhaps as our resident 'twitcher' I wonder if you'd be kind enough to name it for us ?

If it helps, It had a very distinctive swim style.

Almost like some sort of interconnected wooden toy, where it's "kick" in the water synchronised with its head, so it seemed it was the "nodding" that supplied the motion.

FJIMG_20210530_161201_resize_27.jpg

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A hug to Popeye, @gennepher ..nice pic of his lordship.

And @ianpspurs , a win for the joy you seemed to get sharing the time with the non paying guest ..a lovely moment, it seemed

And @SlimLizzy , seems another productive day is about to commence

I hope you get to pace yourself and enjoy the day.

A little tinkering and small service for the scooter for me, is on the cards today

Probably at my most relaxed when working on the bikes/cars.
A tasks I have only just be able to get back to doing of late.

Unless it's a film, sat just watching TV doesn't do it for me.
Mind whirrs off in too many directions

Been feeling a little wound up of late, so while not everyone's cup of tea, it'll do for me.:)

Enjoy the day all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

No painting today...
Why?
Because his Lordship Popeye is 29 years old today.
He was born to my little black cat Amethyst (Ammy), 29 years ago.
Me and him have just been for a walk round the garden just after dawn broke, and he has sniffed out where every night time intruder has left its scent, and he has chewed every blade of grass...

View attachment 49703
@gennepher Happy birthday to Popeye. He is an amazing cat.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Walking was fine over the undulating ground, articulation of both ankle joints good.

While I certainly wouldn't consider running on such ground at moment ( not that I'm running anywhere yet, anyway :bag:)

Definitely another step on the road back to recovery.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee in.the conservatory after the early morning dog walk. The new roof on the conservatory has made a huge difference as it doesn't overheat anymore.

Will do some reading then do some admin on the computer.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone - bit chilly in the tent last night and now on the road to the little house on the prairie - will catch up later but here is one I made earlier.

upload_2021-5-31_10-2-29.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Hi @jjraak,
It is rather nice drake Mandarin duck. Introduced some years ago but now breeding ferally in the UK.
So a British bird.
A good bird to see, not many in Cumbria.
Its a bird that can be quite elusive, particularly the drab females.
Thanks.
Was more of a birder than a twitcher.
There's a lot of twitcher in the worst us and a little bit of twitcher in the best of us!

Twitchers look at other peoples birds!
Birders find rare and interesting birds.
So you were birding as was @SlimLizzy finding her own Black Redstart.
Interestingly they ..Black Redstarts appeared in England as breeders on the war time bomb sites in London now gone.
Derek

Morning all.

A 6.3 from the meter of mirth.

Day out yesterday, with the furry nephew.

Glorious, warm & sunny

Traffic minimal as we headed out.
Which lulled me into trying to park in one of the two car parks ..no chance :hilarious:

Parked outside and headed in
People everywhere, when we got in, all enjoying the sun shine.

But it thinned out as we set off on our usual route, so pleasant & safe

A walk for the dog with added therapeutic qualities for me.

Last time there, with daughter, far fewer people but it was just after I'd started walking independently after accident, so a good moment to check improvements.

A small picnic by a little stream that runs through the park, topped off a rather nice day out.

@lindisfel .

We both noticed a particular bird, in the water as we picnicked.
It was a very distinctive plumage
probably very common, but a new one to us.

Perhaps as our resident 'twitcher' I wonder if you'd be kind enough to name it for us ?

If it helps, It had a very distinctive swim style.

Almost like some sort of interconnected wooden toy, where it's "kick" in the water synchronised with its head, so it seemed it was the "nodding" that supplied the motion.

View attachment 49710

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to Bank Holiday Monday for our UK readers. Happy birthday Popeye. Stunning longevity for a cat isn't it @gennepher? A well earned time of peace, tranquillity and pure pleasure @SlimLizzy. The walk and sunshine sounds lovely @Krystyna23040. So Swipey was on 4.4 this morning. Egg and cheese salad is nothing unusual for me so probably the colour of my socks, shirt or phase of the moon. It is warmer and I cut the miniature lawn twice just for sheer pleasure but really?? so much variance for basically a set menu. We had a non paying guest overnight. Sheer delight from cynical old man and innocent little girl watching Iggle Piggle, Makka Pakka and all. :woot::woot: Yes, we watched two episodes. Don't be looking for signs and miracles in odd places they're much closer to home. Pip Pip Old Toots.
Thanks @ianpspurs
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A hug to Popeye, @gennepher ..nice pic of his lordship.

And @ianpspurs , a win for the joy you seemed to get sharing the time with the non paying guest ..a lovely moment, it seemed

And @SlimLizzy , seems another productive day is about to commence

I hope you get to pace yourself and enjoy the day.

A little tinkering and small service for the scooter for me, is on the cards today

Probably at my most relaxed when working on the bikes/cars.
A tasks I have only just be able to get back to doing of late.

Unless it's a film, sat just watching TV doesn't do it for me.
Mind whirrs off in too many directions

Been feeling a little wound up of late, so while not everyone's cup of tea, it'll do for me.:)

Enjoy the day all.
Popeye says Meeooow @jjraak