What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. We are not going on our usual National Trust walk today because it looks like it will be too hot for the dogs -'especially 15 year old Arvhie.

So we will do an early morning walk around our local park instead. I don't mind having a stay at home day today as this week was so hectic as it was the first full week back in my venues and there was so much extra admin.

Dinner will be Ribeye steak and we will eat outside on our lovely patio.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Digital painting in SketchesProApp
Used the watercolour brush today. There are several settings.
I was playing with no intention at at all.
Then I decided to have a go at yesterday's painting again.
This app is more more of a confabulation than ever...
It will do one thing in the paintbrush tool, but try and repeat that effect, and it does something totally different...
Same with the eraser tool. Sometimes that will erase to white, other times it has no effect whatsoever. Then this little bird runs across the screen, and you find it has 'dried' your watercolour so that you are not working in wet on wet any more.
So also I press undo, and instead of deleting the last stroke, it deletes the last half hour's work...
NOOOOOOO....
Then I press redo half a dozen times and it restores most of what was there. I'll take that...
I have spent an hour and half on this, and sun has come out, so I stopped, and I am going out into the garden.
Bye.
Have a good day.

1F4923F1-FA52-48DD-84CA-43966BC0A70D.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Didn't need to wake at 3.37 but Swipey claims my fbg was 4.3 @ 5.03 - who knows? Same basic menu as previous 7 days so is entirely possible. Hot day in store here so morning watering done - part of nursing duties really. Your day sounds nice and relaxing @Krystyna23040 and Archie will be best out of the 27C we are promised. Yesterday was a day to give thanks for the survival of Christian Eriksen and the skill of those who tended to him. Also a day of filling a skip and mentally preparing for some tough choices. Lots of glasses, crockery and worst of all photographs need to go in the next round. I'm pretty sure Julie will want to keep photos. That must wait until her ankle heals but a real crunch point comes late July when newly driving son and family aim to visit :banghead: Quiet times:arghh:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

It will do one thing in the paintbrush tool, but try and repeat that effect, and it does something totally different...
Same with the eraser tool. Sometimes that will erase to white, other times it has no effect whatsoever. Then this little bird runs across the screen, and you find it has 'dried' your watercolour so that you are not working in wet on wet any more.
So also I press undo, and instead of deleting the last stroke, it deletes the last half hour's work...
NOOOOOOO....
Then I press redo half a dozen times and it restores most of what was there. I'll take that...
I have spent an hour and half on this, and sun has come out, so I stopped, and I am going out into the garden.
Bye.
Have a good day.

View attachment 49952
Bright and cheerful, a very pleasing artwork, keep experimenting, show us more.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a pleasing 5.5 for me today. Very low carb day yesterday along with lots of aerobic exercise, who knows which of these were responsible for the BG reading?

Hot here and have been sat in the garden since 5.30 am watching and listening to the world waking up, lovely.

A day of relaxation I hope but time can be fickle and change ones plans.

Keep safe and enjoy the world it really is magnificent.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

NOOOOOOO....
Bye.
Have a good day.

View attachment 49952
Confabulation - :woot::woot:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

NOOOOOOO....
Bye.
Have a good day.

View attachment 49952
Smashing - bursting with colour, experimental art.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from another day on the set of that Sean Connery film The Hill.
The wonder wheel of eggs, eggs and even more eggs, with a side order of eggs hatched a 4.6 this am

Park - 0730 - and even then it was like being in a plate warming oven. Back, and all the doors and windows opened wide and then koffy. Lots of heat of the day jobs to do - test out sun loungers, sit inside the summer house, refill bird feeders.

This doesn’t look good: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...dIWANcnerXkdsRb3uox1NM8bB3ouKvc09KAF9eIJ-ctRg

Experimenting again - this is water brushed onto paper - quite a lot - and then ink added and left to do it’s thing. Hope that everyone is well and drinking lots of water.

upload_2021-6-13_9-55-3.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Was out walking this am at 0900 and much too warm today and muggy but I guess it was still c.18 deg C which is ok for here.
Rest of week is going to max out at around 15 deg C midday, so cool.
Met the drainage contractor from our hamlet walking the baby with his shirt off sunning himself, we had a chat.
Life is still slow in rural Cumbria and everybody friendly.
Like it used be before the modern world took over.
Paul next door, well not really next door but down road is not getting all his free range chickens in at night, two were in cover at various points on my walk. Some neighbours take real pride in their garden and wont take kindly to his chickens messing up scratching their flower beds. They'll be hoping Mr Todd sorts them out.

D.

Last edited:

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
This morning I'm 6.4 the lowest so far but only had my test 2 days, im on low carb low fat calories deficient diet and it seems to be working.

I've got a terrible sweet tooth any ideas that wont send my blood sky rocketing ?? I'm craving chocolate and sweeties

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning I'm 6.4 the lowest so far but only had my test 2 days, im on low carb low fat calories deficient diet and it seems to be working.

I've got a terrible sweet tooth any ideas that wont send my blood sky rocketing ?? I'm craving chocolate and sweeties
I am finding the sweetener Erythritol a good way to get the sweet hit and it doesn't seem to affect blood sugar. It is granular like sugar. Inulin also adds sweetness.