Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You can lose weight on insulin.

Yes, I realise that but the dieticien is not likely to be much help, thinking as she does. The last diet sheet she gave me involved lots of carbohydrates - needed, she said, to give the insulin something to work on! Didn't make sense to me. The consultant at the hospital on Tuesday also disapproves of low carb and holds out no hope of reducing insulin. He suggests that the reason I can't lose weight is the low carb way of eating. I just let them take their blood tests and do their ultra sound tests and, more or less, do my own thing.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I realise that but the dieticien is not likely to be much help, thinking as she does. The last diet sheet she gave me involved lots of carbohydrates - needed, she said, to give the insulin something to work on! Didn't make sense to me. The consultant at the hospital on Tuesday also disapproves of low carb and holds out no hope of reducing insulin. He suggests that the reason I can't lose weight is the low carb way of eating. I just let them take their blood tests and do their ultra sound tests and, more or less, do my own thing.
I think that some nurses just bundle insulin dependent T2 in with T1 and suggest the same treatments for both.

There are a few I think T2 who have reversed to the point on going off insulin and low carb and weight loss (both/either I don't know fully) has helped. So it's a great aim, good luck

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow I weighed myself after breakfast this morning and I'm 95kgs so just over 1.5kgs lost maybe more by Friday but I'll post now incase I get distracted. :) :) :)

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
95.1 kg (15.1 stone). Still going in the right direction :) Might be in the top end of 14 stone next week

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
17st 4lb this morning. I forgot to weigh myself until after breakfast and it's about the same as last Friday. At least my BG is under much better control after a change in eating pattern, so I suppose I shouldn't worry too much about it.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Wow I weighed myself after breakfast this morning and I'm 95kgs so just over 1.5kgs lost maybe more by Friday but I'll post now incase I get distracted. :) :) :)
That's fantastic ickihun. Well done you.

Reactions: ickihun

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Weight 54.2kg I was dresed, so heavier.
Errant 4.3 kg. Seems as if he hasn't lost any this week, but it was a wet day, so water in his fur after going outside for his ablutions.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back down to 23st 4.5lbs from 23st 6lbs last week. I had hoped to get to 23st for my birthday next week but last week's 1.75lb rise has put paid to that, I think. Still, a loss is a loss.

Reactions: Annb

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
137.1lb - new scales which measure body fat at 41.5% so very unhappy with that - dangerously high. Not entirely sure what to do about it!

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
137.1lb - new scales which measure body fat at 41.5% so very unhappy with that - dangerously high. Not entirely sure what to do about it!
Chip away at it day by day. It’s a process

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
35264945-ED3B-4F05-966C-7028E5E848AB.jpeg

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take it all with a bit of a pinch of salt really. I don’t know how accurate those types of scales are

this is apparently my data. Not been seeing much change anywhere even with gym trips and feeling a bit of progress

Attachments

• 45688B2C-9289-40A7-B1EB-6B3A7829125E.jpeg
    45688B2C-9289-40A7-B1EB-6B3A7829125E.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: DJC3

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
83.1kg (.3kg loss) Substantial drop off in walking this week (weather and busy at work) and a big night of eating and drinking on Friday evening (should have stuck with Friday Weigh In) so pretty happy with the result

Reactions: Annb and SlimLizzy

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! *waves*

Didn’t spot this thread before but as I’m doing the weight loss thing too... :)

I’m 102.35 this week. Starting from 140 on Jan 23rd (the day of my DKA *shudder*)

I’m on a lower carb intake but not keto (around 95g of carbs a day), lower calories (aiming for 1000 Cals but with a “hard cap” of 1100), and 1/2 hour exercise daily (splashed the cash on some toys to set up a home gym).

IMG_5354.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hey! *waves*

Didn’t spot this thread before but as I’m doing the weight loss thing too... :)

I’m 102.35 this week. Starting from 140 on Jan 23rd (the day of my DKA *shudder*)

I’m on a lower carb intake but not keto (around 95g of carbs a day), lower calories (aiming for 1000 Cals but with a “hard cap” of 1100), and 1/2 hour exercise daily (splashed the cash on some toys to set up a home gym).

View attachment 50387
Welcome to the thread Jen.
Am aiming for a similar amount of carbs to you, approx 100, but more calories as my weight issue is different.
You will also see me mention my cat who does need to lose weight.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the thread Jen.
Am aiming for a similar amount of carbs to you, approx 100, but more calories as my weight issue is different.
You will also see me mention my cat who does need to lose weight.

Our girl is food oriented too. Doesn’t need to lose weight but we do need to watch her portions.

IMG_5274.jpg