What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I am trying to aim for more sleep in the night. For years I only had 4 hours sleep a night. The last thing I want is Alzheimer's. My birth mother had Alzheimer's. What was very poignant was she actually recognised me on my last visit to her in the care home, after the staff had told me she wouldn't recognise me.

I did manage more sleep last night. And I had planned an action filled day today. Then I thought hang on, what am I doing? So, changed it to a chilled out day, after a chilled out night's sleep.

I realised with doing nothing but painting for the last couple of years, I have neglected my photography, and I am not taking the best of photographs now. So, like I said a couple of days ago, I am going to concentrate on the art of photography for a wee while. The iPad is much kinder and takes much softer photos of Popeye which makes him look younger, but the Pixel phone takes much sharper images of Popeye and make him look the age he is.

And I think it is maybe time (since he made that amazing recovery from the heat stroke, and he is 29 years old, and he does have dementia controlled quite well with the tablets I found for him) that I document him for a bit while he is well and able bodied. Sorry if you don't like cats, but I will do a collage of plants and objects in my garden as well!

So, my art today is a collage of photos...

View attachment 50416
Lovely photo of Popeye. Funnily enough I was just thinking that I should take some photos of 15 year old Archie while he is still well and enjoying life.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
interesting concept, in theory, you being lazy. I'd request a refund on that dictionary.
I think you are right and I need a refund on my dictionary. It's the same dictionary I use when I say to a class 'this is a lovely exercise':and they say 'no it's not - it is a really hard exercise '. What I should have said is that 'this is a really effective exercise '.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I am trying to aim for more sleep in the night. For years I only had 4 hours sleep a night. The last thing I want is Alzheangingimer's. My birth mother had Alzheimer's. What was very poignant was she actually recognised me on my last visit to her in the care home, after the staff had told me she wouldn't recognise me.

I did manage more sleep last night. And I had planned an action filled day today. Then I thought hang on, what am I doing? So, changed it to a chilled out day, after a chilled out night's sleep.

I realised with doing nothing but painting for the last couple of years, I have neglected my photography, and I am not taking the best of photographs now. So, like I said a couple of days ago, I am going to concentrate on the art of photography for a wee while. The iPad is much kinder and takes much softer photos of Popeye which makes him look younger, but the Pixel phone takes much sharper images of Popeye and make him look the age he is.

And I think it is maybe time (since he made that amazing recovery from the heat stroke, and he is 29 years old, and he does have dementia controlled quite well with the tablets I found for him) that I document him for a bit while he is well and able bodied. Sorry if you don't like cats, but I will do a collage of plants and objects in my garden as well!

View attachment 50416
Moving post and never apologise for documenting those so dear to you. I don't like cats but I recognise how important they are to many. I'm also no lover of photographs but I can feel the love in your work and your joy in sharing your amazing gift of capturing and arranging images I would probably just pass by. Sleep well at night and for many years to come.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Moving post and never apologise for documenting those so dear to you. I don't like cats but I recognise how important they are to many. I'm also no lover of photographs but I can feel the love in your work and your joy in sharing your amazing gift of capturing and arranging images I would probably just pass by. Sleep well and for many years to come.
Thanks.
My next project after this @ianpspurs is actual real paintings, not digital paintings.
I am tidying my studio and desk (I know I have been saying that since January this year), but I get untidied very quickly!
So, when I have got all that prepared, and worked out, then you will see paintings again....in the meantime....

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks.
My next project after this @ianpspurs is actual real paintings, not digital paintings.
I am tidying my studio and desk (I know I have been saying that since January this year), but I get untidied very quickly!
So, when I have got all that prepared, and worked out, then you will see paintings again....in the meantime....
Can't wait and so good you have projects. The image is event tracking for some protein bars I ordered - some project. Fedex?:banghead: I just wanted some LC protein with my morning coffee - well, very loose definition of coffee for those who like the stuff you can strip paint with/ stand a spoon in. Is one really meant to wince in pain drinking the stuff?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-13 09.17.03.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-13 09.17.03.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I definitely need a new dictionary. I was telling a friend about my 'supersonic' broadband from BT. She got back to me to say that she couldn't find supersonic broadband on their website.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't wait and so good you have projects. The image is event tracking for some protein bars I ordered - some project. Fedex?:banghead: I just wanted some LC protein with my morning coffee - well, very loose definition of coffee for those who like the stuff you can strip paint with/ stand a spoon in. Is one really meant to wince in pain drinking the stuff?
I hate FEDEX @ianpspurs I have something I was/am sending to Gibsonville in the States. There has been a hold up at every opportunity for a hold up. Right now it is in Memphis, where it has been held up for clearance status. And then two weeks ago it was cleared. But it is still sitting in Memphis.
It was posted at end of May and I was told it would take two to four weeks to get to Gibsonville...

Deliver my parcel FEDEX......

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning campers. fbs yesterday was 10.1 so no point in testing today or until I've finished the antibiotics. Had battery of blood tests last week. Message from GP arrived yesterday to say my liver enzymes are elevated and to have a retest in 6 weeks. Will ring after 11am today for the rest of my results including HbA1c so fingers crossed. I have an appointment in 2 weeks with a nurse for my diabetic review so I guess I'm lucky in that respect as others on here don't seem to be having theirs due to Covid restrictions. Although I don't post on here very often I do check in every day to see how you are getting along and to contribute to some of the Forum games-- my effort to keep in touch and to keep my brain alive. LOL Take care and do whatever makes you happy. Best wishes :)

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hate FEDEX @ianpspurs I have something I was/am sending to Gibsonville in the States. There has been a hold up at every opportunity for a hold up. Right now it is in Memphis, where it has been held up for clearance status. And then two weeks ago it was cleared. But it is still sitting in Memphis.
It was posted at end of May and I was told it would take two to four weeks to get to Gibsonville...

Good morning@gennepher. There seems to be a general problem with postal services in the States. My mum's birthday cards have just arrived and were posted on May 3rd! I've started sending my cards to family over there well in advance. Good luck with your parcel. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning campers. fbs yesterday was 10.1 so no point in testing today or until I've finished the antibiotics. Had battery of blood tests last week. Message from GP arrived yesterday to say my liver enzymes are elevated and to have a retest in 6 weeks. Will ring after 11am today for the rest of my results including HbA1c so fingers crossed. I have an appointment in 2 weeks with a nurse for my diabetic review so I guess I'm lucky in that respect as others on here don't seem to be having theirs due to Covid restrictions. Although I don't post on here very often I do check in every day to see how you are getting along and to contribute to the
Obviously the elevated liver enzymes don't merit a winner, hug for that issue. Winner for morning campers:hilarious: and simply for being @dogslife and the splendour thereof. Make sure you do as commanded - Prince Charles and I both like these gels and Marmite and tomato sandwiches.:woot:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Obviously the elevated liver enzymes don't merit a winner, hug for that issue. Winner for morning campers:hilarious: and simply for being @dogslife and the splendour thereof. Make sure you do as commanded - Prince Charles and I both like these gels and Marmite and tomato sandwiches.:woot:
Thank you @ianpspurs. Your post made me smile.:happy:

PS: I've been thinking about your post@ianpspurs. I have seen Prince Charles on several occasions and even exchanged handshakes and a chat with him but he didn't mention his penchant for Marmite and tomato sandwiches or indeed his liking of the Three Degrees. Is this inside information I wonder only available for the elite few? LOL:D

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning@gennepher. There seems to be a general problem with postal services in the States. My mum's birthday cards have just arrived and were posted on May 3rd! I've started sending my cards to family over there well in advance. Good luck with your parcel. :)
Thanks for the heads up @dogslife

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I am trying to aim for more sleep in the night. For years I only had 4 hours sleep a night. The last thing I want is Alzheimer's. My birth mother had Alzheimer's. What was very poignant was she actually recognised me on my last visit to her in the care home, after the staff had told me she wouldn't recognise me.

View attachment 50416
Another smashing collage, Popeye miffed that his bit is not bigger than the rest

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As @gennepher mentioned mental aging

I saw this report of the possibility of our driving pointing to early Alzheimer's

BBC News - How your driving might reveal early signs of Alzheimer's
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57670006

As for me .
Made dinner last night
Cauliflower pizza.
Mushrooms chorizo tomatoes & mozzeralla.
Delicious.

Cheekily done some sweet potato wedges for Madame.
Mayo & sriracha sauce

Snaffled one or two
Also had a salad alongside to fill it out

Pre meal 6.3.

2 hours later 6 .7

Calling that a Win

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

6.4 this morning on that scheming meter of deception.

Had a medical Morening today. A battery of blood tests then a session having the foot check, when the nurse banged the tunning fork down so I yelled out loudly and repeated the process again when it was the other foots turn, needless to say me and me's have a little bit of a reputation at the surgery.

Remember the stays and enjoy the rest of today.

lindisfel

Expert

There has to be country and western song in your fedex story, gennepher!

I was on a course in California with a guy from Memphis, he was the chief technologist working on the dept doing radiotherapy.
His southern voice was real easy listening.
What a likeable chap.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another dull start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted cauliflower with crispy cauliflower greens and some obligatory protein in the form of diced pancetta came in at 5.2 this am.

Girl in the bubble was in fine fettle yesterday - ducks, geese and pigeons crowded round in the park - she is well known for her largess when it comes to mixed bird seed. A visit to a motor factor to buy four M8 flanged bolts - I removed the top box rack from my bike and for the life of me couldn’t find the original 40mm bolts (the top box rack has 80mm) - all to do with increasing pain when getting on and off my bike - so, remove anything that may hinder the mount/dismount routine. It’s the age of the train - or leaves on the line. A pleasant hour or so jet washing the drive - what fun. Bin day today and already lined up for the dual parade of the bin lorries - recycling bin first and then the afternoon bonus treat of the garden waste bin lorry.

Art bit - a boat and some trees -boat sideways on - homage to Suez - have a wonderful Wednesday if you can. Koffy.

upload_2021-7-14_6-4-3.jpeg