Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm still 95kgs. :) :) :)
I'm a great believer in once my body knows a lower weight its easier to reach.
I haven't a new weight loss goal. It was less than 100kg so I'm happy.
Of course less over-weight equals less insulin circulating, less appetite and less medication.
Just have a little way to go to stopping all insulin but very very reluctant to substitute insulin for meds which add weight and circulates more insulin which is unmeasurable and proven to fluctuate more than insulin injections.
Going from a severe insulin resistant person to what I am today is huge for me but I won't be done until I see excellent hba1c and another C-peptide result before I reduce insulin further. Higher metformin is putting too much pressure on my bowel which needs less trauma not more.
I'm having a weekend off from medical decision making. Even I have my limits.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I have really big swings due to water weight. Sometimes up to 3kg. For me it’s due to heavy exercise, my muscles get inflammation and hold water.

I don’t care about my actual weight, just the trend. I also don’t care too much about how much I’ve lost. I just chip away at it gram by gram. It’s the long game

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have really big swings due to water weight. Sometimes up to 3kg. For me it’s due to heavy exercise, my muscles get inflammation and hold water.

I don’t care about my actual weight, just the trend. I also don’t care too much about how much I’ve lost. I just chip away at it gram by gram. It’s the long game
You will succeed. Once you know how to lose, its inevitable. Well done.
I feel great buying new clothes more than anything else.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Fellow scale crushers.
A big whoops I forgot to post yesterday so here's my weight this Saturday morening.......

14st 5lbs on those evil scales this morning.

Have a good week all, now to go and post my blood sugars, I'm just trying to remember if posted yesterday at all.

Reactions: muzza3

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Another 1.2kg this week.

So close to double figures I can taste it!

IMG_5386.jpg

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
81.6kg (1.5kg loss) A big drop but not unusual as I have big swings often during the week. Very happy with current diet and moving towards my next goal

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone! Early weigh in this week as I’m off on my hols today.

99.75!

Can’t remember the last time my weight was in double figures! :)

Not lowering my target yet as I expect to go back up a bit during my holiday (though I will try to be a little careful and I’ll mitigate the food with lots of movement) but as soon as I’m back and under that magical 100 I’ll lower the target to get me out of the red zone…

IMG_5419.jpg

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
According to the scales my weight today is 75.3kg
Which is an increase of last Friday of over 2kg

However, not to overly worry as I haven’t eaten anywhere near enough to have put on weight like this and so I am blaming the hot weather and increased drinking leading to water retention

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Morning everyone! Early weigh in this week as I’m off on my hols today.

99.75!

Can’t remember the last time my weight was in double figures! :)

Not lowering my target yet as I expect to go back up a bit during my holiday (though I will try to be a little careful and I’ll mitigate the food with lots of movement) but as soon as I’m back and under that magical 100 I’ll lower the target to get me out of the red zone…

View attachment 50543
Well done Jen, and I agree holidays and dieting don't mix well. As long as you don't go nassively overboard and undo several weeks progress. Have fun, eat sensibly, stay safe.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight 50.6kg Not happy with my shape though, so attempting to find a place to restart daily 10 min exercise programme that was abandoned while we were living in the motorhome. Sit ups etc not possible on hard floors! All the floors are hard.
Errant continues to lose a steady 10grammes per week without further reduction of his rations. I think this is due to increased activity. He now weighs exactly 4kg. I think his ideal weight is somewhere around 3.5kg.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon fellow scale crushers.

A 14 st 4 lbs this morning, can't remember if that's up, down or sideways.

Till next week.

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello everyone, I've missed a week.
Well this week I'm down 3 lbs so
I'm pleased. I am slowly getting there.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started last week at 23st 0.5lbs, a little bit disappointed not to have hit my target by half a pound, but this week was a good week - down to 22st 11.75lbs. Took a little longer to get to where I wanted, but that's fine.

New target of 22st set by 4th September now. Not easy but if it were easy, it wouldn't be fun!

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Started last week at 23st 0.5lbs, a little bit disappointed not to have hit my target by half a pound, but this week was a good week - down to 22st 11.75lbs. Took a little longer to get to where I wanted, but that's fine.

New target of 22st set by 4th September now. Not easy but if it were easy, it wouldn't be fun!
Slow and steady is the best approach I can recommend. It’s the most long terms sustainable in my opinion as it’s a lifestyle change. Plus for me with not so elastic skin, it had unintended consequences but that’s what the gym is hopefully for

cliched but it is a marathon, not a sprint

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
According to the scales my weight today is 75.3kg
Which is an increase of last Friday of over 2kg

However, not to overly worry as I haven’t eaten anywhere near enough to have put on weight like this and so I am blaming the hot weather and increased drinking leading to water retention
Again, to help show how random this can be, today I am 74.05kg. So where we fluctuate, don’t over worry :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still 95kgs saw 94.6kg with loose tummy this week.
Recent tummy pain when eating but only on/off blood in vomit or the tasting of it down back of my throat. Black faeces in every poo but in different amounts. Same amount of iron tablet for 3½yrs. GP and A&E believe it's OK. I'll tell surgeon in my 6-8wk gallbladder removal follow-up. Humf.
New med tastes disgusting but sugar free and excellent fbgs. Stopping heavy sterile hand washing has seen off weird sporadical high bgs. Hurray!!!
Antibiotics working wonders for my memory.
Will get weighed in bariatric clinic soon. NE England infection rate is the only influence.
Waiting to see close friends in the South... still.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Again, to help show how random this can be, today I am 74.05kg. So where we fluctuate, don’t over worry :)
Hydration can cause the retaining of body water needed for organs. In this weather especially. I can get a 6-8lb variant with water/weather changes. The NE has a different weather every few hours.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

WINNER WINNER WINNER