What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks for hugs and good wishes @PenguinMum @ianpspurs and @Ryhia I’ll let you know tomorrow if it turns into a Champagne day!
@nutribolt and PenguinMum I’m loving the LST headlines on the BBC ( but hugs for the effects) hope the clocks go back soon.

Reactions: Ryhia

LoriF

15.1 I honestly have no idea why my morning blood sugar is always so high (between 11 and 15) and comes down if I don't eat by lunchtime to about 7-8. My doctor advises I lose weight and I have only lost a stone so far but this is not improving.on Metformin twice a day for over two years now.....any advice?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Between 5.6 and 5.8 all week - little higher than normal so I’m blaming the heat not the over indulgence in ice cream the last couple of days!

Reactions: karen8967 and Ryhia

jenfoolery

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
5.2 on waking, but after a rather longish walk on a hot day, it jumped up to 8.4 with no calories consumed. It was back down in an hour or so, but annoying. Exercise is supposed to be GOOD for diabetes, right?!

But today's good news is my A1C test from early this morning came back as 41.0 (5.9%) which is by far the best it's ever been since I was diagnosed in 2008. In the US that's considered in the prediabetic range so still some room for improvement but I am so happy to know that I CAN manage this.

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today, yes it was a champagne day yesterday @ianpspurs ! Scan was clear and I don’t need to go back until January now. Yippee!
Coming home to Cornwall today along with all the holiday traffic, should be fun.
@jenfoolery well done! Great achievement with the HbA1c I wouldn’t worry about the exercise peaks ( at least, I don’t) so long as it comes down soon afterwards.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 on Swipey today so an L in the results column but it is a "long season" so there's hope! @jenfoolery congratulations on the A1c and exercise is good but often raises bg temporarily. @DJC3 absolutely amazing news on the scan and longer intervals. I bet the champagne tasted amazing. I'm all champagned out after a few years of hammering the champagne tent at Wimbledon and elsewhere.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 at 6AM. I broke fast at 64 hours yesterday so 6.x was to be expected. Good news is that it has all been a very flat line on the graph so even if LST is screwing the numbers its being fairly consistent...

Great A1c numbers @jenfoolery ,well done. The rise in numbers after a walk while a bit strange could be because high temperature and walking may have caused dehydration which can it is said lead to increase in BG.

@DJC3 brilliant news about scan. :playful:

Have a great day everyone.:)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.2 (Mr Libre the fool said 5.4) so acceptable after Fish Finger Firsday!
@DJC3 just brilliant news. @jenfoolery congrats on the A1c you’ve got this now. @LoriF could you maybe post your concern in a new thread or ask a mod to move it and you will get lots of help because we are only allowed to make brief comments related to FBG on here. Good luck.

ABJB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Grant - welcome to the forum :) What a good idea for a thread. When I read this I had already had my first morning cup of coffee about 10-15 mins before but tested anyway and got 6.4. Last true fasting test was 5.9 so the coffee didn't make much difference (and no sugar anyway!). I usually get fasting tests in the 5s which is where I like them. Perhaps checking in here with my levels will help me remember to do the early morning test :)
Mine is always about 8.3 after fasting since 6 pm the previous evening. Is this normal?

Reactions: ianpspurs

ABJB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is always around 8.3. I take 500mg Metformin in the morning. I am fasting at the moment from 6pm for 16 hours. Should I take my metformin at a different time? My blood glucose doesn't come down till midday to around 6.4. Is this normal? Should I be asking for a different medication?