What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Fibromyalgia has eased somewhat, still taking and doing everything I know to try and sort it.
Itchiness is still raging. My arms and legs are the worst. The sun appears to aggravate it. I am bare armed and bare legged in this hot weather, and I am not particularly in the sun, only just going out a few minutes to dead head some Buddliea flowers (so it keeps flowering for the butterflies who appear to be late this year), or to the garage and potting shed, or sitting on my swing in the shade. Antihistamine and lots of creams and sun creams, but it still itches badly. I will look online for some alternative remedies later.

Popeye is okay although he was wobbly on his legs late afternoon, but then so was I by the end of the day. Two oldies...

I do literally get hundreds of sparrows in my garden every day at the moment. When one flock of sparrows leaves, another flock is waiting on my garage roof for their turn and they swoop in. And so this goes on throughout the day...

The sparrows are beginning to 'tolerate'/get used to me. They don't fly away now when I stick my phone camera out of the window to get a closer shot. They carry on feeding. Also when I am sitting on my thatched swing outside, I can stand up from it with phone camera in my hand and take photos. But if I step closer to them they don't fly off, but fly into the nearest bush and rustle the small branches and leaves next to me, and then fly right in front of my face to the bush opposite and rustle those branches and leaves. They are doing this behind me and in front of me as I am walking round the garden, or when I am dead heading the Buddleia. At first it was an eerie sensation like I was in one of those horror movies where the bushes rustle next to the person and they never see anyone or any thing. I got more comfortable with that sensation. I will try again later today. I would just like to get right up close to them so I can take a photo with my phone camera.

Many years ago I was in Hereford with J. It was in the cathedral grounds, no one was near me. I was eating a sandwich, then a little sparrow landed on my hand and I fed it breadcrumbs from my sandwich. So while J was looking inside the cathedral at the architecture, I was communing with nature....

Anyway, here is a composite photo of sparrows, and a bumblebee, and a Holly Blue butterfly. I was taking the photo of the Holly Blue butterfly right into the sun. And I could see nothing, and I got nothing. Then I tried an experiment, I turned the phone into portrait mode, and aimed even through the butterfly was too far away. I got three shots and this was the best one.

Have a good day.

84AAA8FB-81E1-42DB-A385-0AAD1E2F202B.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.3 today

usual Sunday meal with mum then a village walk afterwards :)

Sausage casserole with lashings of veg :D Lowish carb fruit crumble and my home made custard for mr gee and his mum for afters (crumble - 1 piece of my lc spice cake crumbled together with a small amount of SR flour, some ground almonds and butter, sweetened with truvia/erythritol baked over some garden fruit, - rasps, rhubarb and gooseberries ). Usual lc sponge and greek yoghurt with a few rasps for me :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - splendid mountains, they have real weight in their landscape :) I do enjoy these

@alf_Josiah - shame about the ride but I hope that your neck pain recedes soon and it's only postponed for a short while :)

@gennepher - sending a gentle hug for your fybromyalgia and hope you feel more settled soon, it's good that Popeye is coping better :)

art bit - thank you for your kind comments on my art, I often find the concentration calming :)

View attachment 50671
Thanks @geefull

Sunday lunch sounds great.

Painting can be therapeutic and calming, and your paintings are that. Love this single tree in the landscape.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a blissfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of roasted pork belly and mountains of sautéed cabbage with some of last years apple sauce mixed through came home at 5.0 this am.

Beach yesterday - buckets and spades, nets and welly boots. High tide was at about 1030 so we headed down to where we knew a bit of beach would still be accessible and played can you outrun the waves, digging holes and fetching water in a bucket, castle stomping and all manner of sand and water related games on a blustery morning. Kids loved it and we left more beach than we found - as the Ninky Nonks explained to each other:
“all the beach was hiding under the water.”
“It’s all wet now, the sun will dry it out.”
“And the birds will be able to walk on it.”
“And dogs.”
“Yes, and dogs, and crocodiles.” (And on it went).

Art bit - Roseberry Topping - a sort of Matterhorn for a model village. Hope anyone with aches and pains have an easier day today. I shall mainly drink koffy.

View attachment 50673
Thanks @dunelm

There is a beautiful children's illustrated story book in the Nicky Nonks explanations...

Love this morning's artwork, and that one red poppy in the field...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's occurring John? Lifelong memories of beach adventures for @dunelm, Mrs Miggins and the Ninky Nonks :woot:; Admin, years end accounts and being far too kind for @Krystyna23040; hopefully relief from fibromyalgia for @gennepher ; spiffing meme from @karen8967; calming art and good LC food from @geefull. Here in Forest Heath we await No2 Grandson, relief for DIL and ceremonial removal of The Boot. I really CBA to install a sensor last night after returning from S'oton having driven through several seasons on the way. Country route back as no time pressure and I hate the M25. Harry the venerable old RR loves that gallop, Ian really doesn't. Now to make peace (fragile?) with this abode (probably requires more skips, hired hands, full and frank exchanges and long periods of stony silence from me) , autumn/winter LC/P:E food and see what magic, if any, physios/surgeons and or personal trainers can do on my spinal stenosis - safely. Then hunker down for winter and emerge a nicer kinder little boy. Go well folks, avoid clownshoes if possible (some become PM:arghh:). Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
Thanks @ianpspurs
Fibro is easing today...
And I absolutely hate the M25....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who exist on this 3rd rock from the sun.

Many thanks for all the best wishes over the right and left pain in the neck.

A 7.3 this morning, my blood readings are all over the place, just goes to show another facet of how our bodies react.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, today I might not be able to ride my motorcycle, but I can do a bit of woodworking in my shed, I have 4 shields to make and I made a start yesterday, the things we do for our grandchildren!

Stay apart and enjoy today it is unique.
Have a great day woodworking @alf_Josiah

Reactions: alf_Josiah

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from a blissfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of roasted pork belly and mountains of sautéed cabbage with some of last years apple sauce mixed through came home at 5.0 this am.

Beach yesterday - buckets and spades, nets and welly boots. High tide was at about 1030 so we headed down to where we knew a bit of beach would still be accessible and played can you outrun the waves, digging holes and fetching water in a bucket, castle stomping and all manner of sand and water related games on a blustery morning. Kids loved it and we left more beach than we found - as the Ninky Nonks explained to each other:
“all the beach was hiding under the water.”
“It’s all wet now, the sun will dry it out.”
“And the birds will be able to walk on it.”
“And dogs.”
“Yes, and dogs, and crocodiles.” (And on it went).

Art bit - Roseberry Topping - a sort of Matterhorn for a model village. Hope anyone with aches and pains have an easier day today. I shall mainly drink koffy.

View attachment 50673
Memories of forty years ago!
Nice to walk up there in an evening when I lived temporarily at Great Ayton.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Fibromyalgia has eased somewhat, still taking and doing everything I know to try and sort it.
Itchiness is still raging. My arms and legs are the worst. The sun appears to aggravate it. I am bare armed and bare legged in this hot weather, and I am not particularly in the sun, only just going out a few minutes to dead head some Buddliea flowers (so it keeps flowering for the butterflies who appear to be late this year), or to the garage and potting shed, or sitting on my swing in the shade. Antihistamine and lots of creams and sun creams, but it still itches badly. I will look online for some alternative remedies later.

Popeye is okay although he was wobbly on his legs late afternoon, but then so was I by the end of the day. Two oldies...

I do literally get hundreds of sparrows in my garden every day at the moment. When one flock of sparrows leaves, another flock is waiting on my garage roof for their turn and they swoop in. And so this goes on throughout the day...

The sparrows are beginning to 'tolerate'/get used to me. They don't fly away now when I stick my phone camera out of the window to get a closer shot. They carry on feeding. Also when I am sitting on my thatched swing outside, I can stand up from it with phone camera in my hand and take photos. But if I step closer to them they don't fly off, but fly into the nearest bush and rustle the small branches and leaves next to me, and then fly right in front of my face to the bush opposite and rustle those branches and leaves. They are doing this behind me and in front of me as I am walking round the garden, or when I am dead heading the Buddleia. At first it was an eerie sensation like I was in one of those horror movies where the bushes rustle next to the person and they never see anyone or any thing. I got more comfortable with that sensation. I will try again later today. I would just like to get right up close to them so I can take a photo with my phone camera.

Many years ago I was in Hereford with J. It was in the cathedral grounds, no one was near me. I was eating a sandwich, then a little sparrow landed on my hand and I fed it breadcrumbs from my sandwich. So while J was looking inside the cathedral at the architecture, I was communing with nature....

Anyway, here is a composite photo of sparrows, and a bumblebee, and a Holly Blue butterfly. I was taking the photo of the Holly Blue butterfly right into the sun. And I could see nothing, and I got nothing. Then I tried an experiment, I turned the phone into portrait mode, and aimed even through the butterfly was too far away. I got three shots and this was the best one.

Have a good day.

View attachment 50680
What an amazing lady you are. Such a wonderful compilation despite the vicissitudes of fibro on top of everything else life has thrown at you.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What an amazing lady you are. Such a wonderful compilation despite the vicissitudes of fibro on top of everything else life has thrown at you.
Thank you very much @ianpspurs for the compliments.
It is the only thing you/I can do, just soldier on yet not in a dogged kind of way, but to set my mind on a task (I took about a hundred photos for this, deleted most, chose the best), and my main task was learning how to do better close ups with my phone camera. Completely absorbing into something helps turn the tables on whatever it was.

I hope you had a good day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 today

a grey day which turned sunny so we enjoyed a village walk :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - a lovely little pastoral scene, I especially like the texture in the foreground and that sweeping tree branch :) beach play sounds fun :joyful:

@gennepher - we have quite a flock of sparrows visiting our 'garden' too, it's nice isn't it :)
We've had to start feeding in two phases though because the juvenile European starlings are more quarrelsome and chase the small birds off if we put the fat balls and the seed out at the same time :sorry: We put seed out first so the small birds get a good chance to eat ;)
Nice montage and a lovely blue butterfly, don't think I've ever seen one that colour here.

art bit - painted on Fabriano studio paper

upload_2021-8-2_21-9-38.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are awake at this early start to the day.

A straight 6 this morning on that scheming meter.

Sorry to report my neck is taking its time to recover, but it has given me the opportunity to work on my grandchildrens shields, when finished I shall endeavour to post a few pictures. As the saying goes as one door closes another opens. You just have to be in the frame of mind to find the door.

Here in Tilehurst Towers we have a plumber coming round today to move a radiator and hopefully solve a couple of other problems, he has done work here before and won't be phased by the skeleton part buried in the front garden or the plastic scythe hanging by the front door, these little things are my deterrents to cold callers and political canvassers.

Sorry fellow posters, painters and gamers, but it's time for my first koffy of the day. Stay well, stay safe and stay apart.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning. Yesterday actually went really well and am not too tired today. Will catch up with posts after the dog walk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are awake at this early start to the day.

A straight 6 this morning on that scheming meter.

Sorry to report my neck is taking its time to recover, but it has given me the opportunity to work on my grandchildrens shields, when finished I shall endeavour to post a few pictures. As the saying goes as one door closes another opens. You just have to be in the frame of mind to find the door.

Here in Tilehurst Towers we have a plumber coming round today to move a radiator and hopefully solve a couple of other problems, he has done work here before and won't be phased by the skeleton part buried in the front garden or the plastic scythe hanging by the front door, these little things are my deterrents to cold callers and political canvassers.

Sorry fellow posters, painters and gamers, but it's time for my first koffy of the day. Stay well, stay safe and stay apart.

Sorry your neck is still misbehaving @alf_Josiah
Sending some magic fairy dust wishes for you...
g0922.gif

I did see some fantastic fairies, but wasn't sure if Mrs J would approve...

I agree, you have to find another door sometimes. It is no good bemoaning the previous door is not open for the moment...

My front door has ivy growing over it and ivy over the handle. This spooks and confuses callers who have no idea how I get in and out of the bungalow....
This time of year I sit on the bench in the front garden to watch the myriads of butterflies landing on the Buddliea flowers. And if a caller is knocking at the door, I say 'Hi', but they can't see me. They look around frantically, and if they are holding a parcel I will emerge out of the bushes, but that still startles them a bit. If it looks a cold caller, I call again 'Hiii' in a slightly longer tone of voice and they scarper quickly...
And I go back to my reading or watching butterflies...

g0968.gif

Take care of that neck Alf...

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.2 today

@dunelm - a lovely little pastoral scene, I especially like the texture in the foreground and that sweeping tree branch :) beach play sounds fun :joyful:

@gennepher - we have quite a flock of sparrows visiting our 'garden' too, it's nice isn't it :)
We've had to start feeding in two phases though because the juvenile European starlings are more quarrelsome and chase the small birds off if we put the fat balls and the seed out at the same time :sorry: We put seed out first so the small birds get a good chance to eat ;)
Nice montage and a lovely blue butterfly, don't think I've ever seen one that colour here.

View attachment 50683

Thanks @geefull
I don't think I have seen so many sparrows at one time, or even in one day in my garden. But then I have never tried feeding them before. This is the first time I have fed the birds believing in the past there was enough aphids and bugs in my overgrown garden for them.
I have a holly bush in my garden, and I think the Holly Blue breeds on that. I get them every year.

Thank you for the beautiful peaceful seascape...perfect for paddling...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a propellers in a clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel shook off it’s mortal coil during the night and has now been consigned to the recycling bin of doom. I may attach a clone in a while - no rush but it’s on the list of things best forgotten.

Birthdays today, my mum won first prize in the raffle so best click that link on social media that informs you of such events - better still, a card - virtual and more virtuous but not too far along the virtue scale to give her a heart attach if, for the first time ever, an actual card in an actual envelope dropped into her actual letter box - still, a zoom call later - I will wear a hat, probably a red one that doesn’t suit me and doesn’t go. And read her a poem by John Cooper Clark. Probably Haiku - mustn’t spin it out too much.
To-con-vey one’s mood
In sev-en-teen syll-able-s
Is ve-ry dif-fic

So, just a birthday card today, black with red splodges. Hope everyones aches and pangs are less of a nuisance today than they were jesterday. Late, but still time for koffy.

upload_2021-8-3_8-12-33.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Have a good day.

View attachment 50680
Another fab selection of photo’s - hope that this current Fibromyalgia episode calms very soon for you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 today

View attachment 50683
Thank you so much @geefull - I must take our grandchildren over to the splendid beach that featured in your painting today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a propellers in a clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel shook off it’s mortal coil during the night and has now been consigned to the recycling bin of doom. I may attach a clone in a while - no rush but it’s on the list of things best forgotten.

Birthdays today, my mum won first prize in the raffle so best click that link on social media that informs you of such events - better still, a card - virtual and more virtuous but not too far along the virtue scale to give her a heart attach if, for the first time ever, an actual card in an actual envelope dropped into her actual letter box - still, a zoom call later - I will wear a hat, probably a red one that doesn’t suit me and doesn’t go. And read her a poem by John Cooper Clark. Probably Haiku - mustn’t spin it out too much.
To-con-vey one’s mood
In sev-en-teen syll-able-s
Is ve-ry dif-fic

So, just a birthday card today, black with red splodges. Hope everyones aches and pangs are less of a nuisance today than they were jesterday. Late, but still time for koffy.

View attachment 50686

An absolutely wonderful gorgeous birthday card for your mum @dunelm

And Happy Birthday to your mum from me and his Lordship >^..^<

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sorry your neck is still misbehaving @alf_Josiah
Sending some magic fairy dust wishes for you...
g0922.gif

I did see some fantastic fairies, but wasn't sure if Mrs J would approve...

I agree, you have to find another door sometimes. It is no good bemoaning the previous door is not open for the moment...

My front door has ivy growing over it and ivy over the handle. This spooks and confuses callers who have no idea how I get in and out of the bungalow....
This time of year I sit on the bench in the front garden to watch the myriads of butterflies landing on the Buddliea flowers. And if a caller is knocking at the door, I say 'Hi', but they can't see me. They look around frantically, and if they are holding a parcel I will emerge out of the bushes, but that still startles them a bit. If it looks a cold caller, I call again 'Hiii' in a slightly longer tone of voice and they scarper quickly...
And I go back to my reading or watching butterflies...

g0968.gif

Take care of that neck Alf...

Many many thanks, reading your post makes me think we both have a wicked sense of humour .