What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at 6AM and 5.1 now at nearly 36 hours into fasting... overnight average 5.0.

@Estragon might not be the most accurate description but as I understand when we eat anything with readily available glucose/ fructose Liver processes it immediately and releases it in the blood stream and sends signal to pancreas to generate insulin so that blood glucose can be utilised by various cells. In non diabetics this results in that blood glucose being utilised but as a type 2 diabetic our cells are insulin resistant so BG keeps going higher. Now any blood glucose not utilised by body cells is considered excess fuel and is stored as body fat for later use thereby bringing the BG down overnight.

@JohnEGreen why antibiotics? Numbers are of no consequence when body is a war zone, hope you feel better soon.

have a great day everyone. :)

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.7 this morning. I have been eating low carb bread and cake for the past couple of days and these seem to have been good for my bloods. I don't normally bother with cake as I find that cake made with almond flour is usually quite dry. This one worked out fine, nice and moist and really tasted like and had the texture of cake! (To me anyway) Around 5gms carbs I think - whatever it was it didn't really move my blood levels and the cake itself was quite filling. Was far too sweet though but that was a small price to pay. Modifications in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Swipey said 5.6. What I said isn't suitable for here but this new sensor was a feisty little divil yesterday. Important markers still fine so on we go. Forgot to wish you well for the bloods @nutribolt - my that is some menu. @Ryhia anyone who can make LC baking edible must be bewitched. My Food Fairy still wakes up with cold sweats after nightmares from some of the memories. Hope the antibiotics work @JohnEGreen , thoughts and prayers with you.

Stormthedog

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi I am usually around 5.5 in the mornings
sometimes a little higher.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Now any blood glucose not utilised by body cells is considered excess fuel and is stored as body fat for later use thereby bringing the BG down overnight.
Yeah, sounds plausible. Thanks for your response.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I was at 88 mg/dl this morning which is kind of low for me, but I've been eating mostly salads for the past few days.
Welcome @diabetesknow. Does 88 or 4.9 need correction for you? Salad for a few days? I've been eating mainly salad for over 6 years. Most of the rest of LC has become too hideous for me to contemplate. Lord knows I've tried.

Last edited: