What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 when I was rudely awoken by the dog barking as next door left for work. Waited 10 mins, made coffee and tried the other hand: 5.8 I prefer that.
@Ryhia please post your cake recipe (maybe on one of the foodie threads though) it’s certainly done your BG good, great scores recently. I did a lot of lc baking to begin with but have got out of the habit recently.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 at 6AM and overnight average of 6.0. I had to break my fast last night at about 48 hours as I was starting to feel cold which is my body's way of telling me to eat something.

Got the HbA1c results yesterday and its 44. Its very good result to be honest considering how last few months have been what with entire May in 9 and 10 after Magic passed away and then vaccination induced higher readings that occasionally touched 11 and 12 even. Still initially I was a bit disheartened to see that number and it took a reminder from my wife that this result is without medication and despite all emotional stress we have undergone. That made me feel better.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Reactions: DJC3

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did an experiment last night and had shish kebab and half a portion of chips. The experiment gave me the information I needed - 7.6 this morning! Up approximately 1.5 points from the rest of the week.

When I've had naan bread before, barely a twitch! So at least I know now, chips are forever off the menu!

Experiment over!

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy super salmon salad day everyone. Swipey said call it 5.2 for cash - mates rates. Still too high on a Swipey but looks like I am not driving this train at the moment. Congratulations on the HbA1c @nutribolt. Hug for being woken by the dog @DJC3.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 when I was rudely awoken by the dog barking as next door left for work. Waited 10 mins, made coffee and tried the other hand: 5.8 I prefer that.
@Ryhia please post your cake recipe (maybe on one of the foodie threads though) it’s certainly done your BG good, great scores recently. I did a lot of lc baking to begin with but have got out of the habit recently.
The cake recipe is still a bit of a work in progress as I didn't have some of the recipe ingredients so simply substituted for something else so for example instead of using almond milk I used unsweetened soya plus some lemon juice and instead of protein powder I added keto ice cream flavour protein shake. I think this made the cake very sweet but also added to the flavour so for me it tasted like lemon madeira cake. I will try it again and if it passes muster I will post on one of the foodie threads.

Reactions: mojo37 and DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.9 - Y’know, I’d quite forgotten how to write “6”. Quite a novel experience for me. Have a nice Day, y’all!