What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I had a 6.7 this morning, also disappointed, and running high despite fasting this morning. Sucks doesn't it?
Yes 100% and my day off today from working on self scan/scan n go in a well known supermarket - so has put a downer on my free time. Bless you. I ate not much at all yesterday too. When your fastings are lower do you notice a good a1c? X.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to you all.
I thought I would start testing and reporting fasting levels again, after a break, and throwing a total hissy fit about the unpredictability of the whole T2 conundrum.
Totally confused about all HbA1c predictions and results, so back to basics before I wreck all manner of control.
6.3 this morning. That’ll do.
Good to see you back, I was wondering if you were ok as I had not seen you posting anywhere. Nothing wrong with a hissy fit if there is a good reason.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp great to see you again. Hissy fit is completely understandable. I think we’ve all done that, but well done for getting back on the horse!
@SuNuman and @1970clea hugs for the higher numbers, yeah it sucks sometimes, completely agree with that.

Reactions: ianpspurs

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello to you all.
I thought I would start testing and reporting fasting levels again, after a break, and throwing a total hissy fit about the unpredictability of the whole T2 conundrum.
Totally confused about all HbA1c predictions and results, so back to basics before I wreck all manner of control.
6.3 this morning. That’ll do.
Nice to see you back :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last few days had poor sleep and carb overload resulting in 6.8 on Sunday 6.5 yesterday and 6.7 this morning . Not good but considering the amount of carbs I have consumed I am surprised that the figures haven't been higher . Just need to get back on track now .

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes 100% and my day off today from working on self scan/scan n go in a well known supermarket - so has put a downer on my free time. Bless you. I ate not much at all yesterday too. When your fastings are lower do you notice a good a1c? X.
To be honest it's been a very long time since I have had long lasting low fbg - I get a week here and there but not that often. Last two Hba1c in the "Normal" range, 39 and 41, so I think it can't be that important - certainly not as key as eating carefully and LC, and getting walks in as much as possible.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
To be honest it's been a very long time since I have had long lasting low fbg - I get a week here and there but not that often. Last two Hba1c in the "Normal" range, 39 and 41, so I think it can't be that important - certainly not as key as eating carefully and LC, and getting walks in as much as possible.
I remember getting 8’s (odd ones) 2 hrs after dinner. My A1c at that time was 37 - so perhaps it is as long as they don’t stay that high. I don’t kno, I’m new lol. Thank you. X

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.3 - “Sixers are the new fivers!” - No, not really…. Oh, when will my morning FIVE come along? Oh when …. Oh when… said Elizabeth Bennet, as she forlornly, wistfully, longingly gazed through the window.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.7 at 4.30 this am might have been lower if I had been able to sleep longer ...who knows .
Yeah, I hear yah.

QUESTION: As we sleep our BG bounces around and gradually, should descend. During this higher number is any damage being done to my System?

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 today. If my Morning BS are lower than 5 i am starting to eat 3 meals and above 5 eat twice, so after 2 days of over 5 its dropped to 4.2 on 3rd day. So going to see how this goes at keeping my BS curve as flat as possible :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, I hear yah.

QUESTION: As we sleep our BG bounces around and gradually, should descend. During this higher number is any damage being done to my System?

Hi Estragon, I wanted to acknowledge your question, but unfortunately don't know the answer. I guess it depends on how high your bloods are and for how long they are high. Perhaps one for its own thread - I would certainly be interested in the answer.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Autumn - :arghh::arghh: 5,6 on Swipey:bigtears: It ain't carbs - 11 yesterday; it ain't weight - <73 kgs (I'm about 6'). Blame it on the boogie? Never a fan tbh. It is the virus, the move and the useless, mendacious lump in No 10. A perfect cocktail of excrement. Still, Kane stays:woot::woot:

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen