What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs with slice of HM LC buttered bread
Lunch a few raspberries from garden with some 0% fage yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% Lindt choc - find choc below 100% cocoa difficult to restrict - only put out one square with my cup of black tea but got tempted back to the open bar, maybe should have had a proper lunch! Unfortunately tempted when shopping by an offer and a belief I’d earn it due to stress ! so now have four bars in cupboard - I have much better self control with montezumas 100% Black !
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads- leaves and tomatoes and herbs from garden with a ripe avocado sliced in with lemon juice and olive oil.glass of dry white wine pudding a DGF ginger cake sprinkled with a bit of Cuban rum warmed and served with a bit of 0% fage yoghurt.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very happy meal today!
I made my fathers meatballs for the first time in a long time again, and cooking was full of good memories of my father.
I love when the ones we miss unexpectedly visit us like this! :)

In addition to this, there are finally Brussels sprouts in the store, so it was a very festive meal altogether!

242062573_10224249846268168_2101163594811137091_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you better now Rachox?

No unfortunately not yet. However I finally have a date to go back into hospital to have the kidney stone and stent removed, on Thursday of next week. It somehow makes it a tiny bit easier to cope with the pain knowing there’s an end point, but it’s still pretty miserable :(

Reactions: DJC3

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
No unfortunately not yet. However I finally have a date to go back into hospital to have the kidney stone and stent removed, on Thursday of next week. It somehow makes it a tiny bit easier to cope with the pain knowing there’s an end point, but it’s still pretty miserable :(
Still a long time to wait. I feel for you. Hope you are back to normal very soon xx

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away visiting, so not fully in control of food.
10:30 manchego cheese and walnuts
1:30 half an avocado, half a pear, little cheese
18:30 half a starter of cods roe, main of hake with fennel and new potatoes, 4 bites of icecream, large sauvignon

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs with slice of HM LC buttered bread
Lunch a few raspberries from garden with some 0% fage yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% Lindt choc - find choc below 100% cocoa difficult to restrict - only put out one square with my cup of black tea but got tempted back to the open bar, maybe should have had a proper lunch! Unfortunately tempted when shopping by an offer and a belief I’d earn it due to stress ! so now have four bars in cupboard - I have much better self control with montezumas 100% Black !
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads- leaves and tomatoes and herbs from garden with a ripe avocado sliced in with lemon juice and olive oil.glass of dry white wine pudding a DGF ginger cake sprinkled with a bit of Cuban rum warmed and served with a bit of 0% fage yoghurt.

Hugs for the stress, I quite understand the accidental purchase of 4 bars of Lindt!
I was reading your post while eating the second handful of Montezumas 100% absolute black buttons I’d just gone back to the packet for!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very happy meal today!
I made my fathers meatballs for the first time in a long time again, and cooking was full of good memories of my father.

In addition to this, there are finally Brussels sprouts in the store, so it was a very festive meal altogether!

A great looking meal, even better for such lovely memories.
My dad was no cook but I know exactly what you mean by the unexpected visitations of those we’ve loved.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hugs aren’t really enough but thank goodness you have a date. I hope the coming week goes quickly for you.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, slice of middle bacon, button mushrooms for breakfast.
Chicken pie without the lid, a BC minty chocolate low carb protein bar, glas of lemon / lime cordial with a scoop full of Osmolax mixed in for smoko.
Steak and green veggies, small spudlite potato and gravy, green sugar free jelly with a couple of spoon full of two fruits for dinner.
Helgsa' low carb wrap with bacon and shredded cheese, a couple of salty liquorice pieces for supper at six.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 15 September - bed 8 FBG 7.9 BGs are a bit all over the place currently and I don't know why.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. These Mexican melt things I make with the Mexican cheese in the middle. I added hot paprika to the LC crumb this time. Think I'll stick to sweet paprika in future! A grenade ice cream bar.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: yoghurt with some fruit compote on top. BG was already high after a dreadful night so checking again was pointless. As I suspected, putting up the basal dose only worked for a day or 2. The pharmacy doesn't have the new insulin so I have to wait for it to come in. Then I'll see how that goes.

2nd meal: will be mackerel with some rhubarb.

Having to take lots of Dulcolax at present - without much effect, so maybe the rhubarb will help. This is the trouble with reducing the amount of veggies, to ease my stomach - all part of life's rich pattern, I suppose.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Very busy caring day so took opportunity to restrict eating!
Lunch a few berries from garden with 0% fage yoghurt
Mid pm two squares 90%lindt choc
Dinner - made passata from home grown tomatoes a few days ago - used half today with local grass fed beef mince and mushrooms fried in butter - served with HM LC slice of bread and glass of red wine. Pudding DGF raspberry bakewell with 0% fage yoghurt.
Booked swim tomorrow morning at open air pool - I need to do more stress relief activities to help me with caring demands and find swimming is one of best things for me. Not expecting sun but no rain forecast locally ! Just to stretch out in water will be good.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: scrambled egg on Marmite on toast (made from low carb bread) with a couple of cherry tomatoes followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I couldn’t agree more about the de-stressing effects of swimming, especially in the open air. Hope it helps tomorrow.
Didn’t intend to have breakfast today but the latest ‘accidental’ order of DGF cakes arrived mid morning so had one with my coffee.
Lunch: scrambled eggs on low carb marmite toast ( snap @Rachox )
Dinner: air fried pork chop and Heck sausages with broccoli. Another DGF cake with a couple of raspberries and cream.
Edit for typo

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cafe breakfast of fried egg, 1 bacon and 2 chipolatas - hubby had the fried potatoes and baked beans and toast. Works out cheap, ut is it doing him any good I wonder?
Skipped lunch but did need mid afternoon nuts
D: chicken breast stuffed with chorizo and cheese wrapped in bacon, served with fresh picked green beans and chard
2 glasses rose

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Small tub of chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt, couple of spoonfuls of two fruits on top, glass of lemon /lime with a scoop of OsmoLax mixed in for smoko.
Lamb shoulder chops, green veggies, gravy for lunch.
Two slices of cheese on toast, orange jelly small spoon full of mango sorbet for supper at six.

Madisons

Very happy meal today!

Wow! This looks delish. I love brussel sprouts although my hypothyroidsm does not allow too much of it. That's why I feel defeated, not only do I have to watch what I eat for the pre-diabetes, but also for the darn hypothyroid, then protein intake for the weak kidneys. Anyway, I could eat more than a platefull of this beautiful dish, as I am always hungry too!
Today I had lemon water to start at 11:00 am, then 3 celery stalks with homemade coriander-garlic-olive oil dip, 2 egg-mushroom omelette with red peppers, onions and dandelion greens, 1/2 cup mixed legumes (my struggle, weakness for beans, how can I get weaned off of this? I just love it too much). Also, 1 lowcarb toast with aged cheddar cheese and grape tomatoes. Dessert: piece of pressed cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds drizzled with 85% lindt chocolate shavings (which amounted to 1 piece, more or less) and cinnamon. Cup of Matcha green tea to suppress hunger. Nothing till 7:30 pm: 2 slices of apple with Babybel cheese
Late supper again 9:30 pm: small starter of greek salad consisting of cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and feta cheese, oregano and olive oil with apple cider vinegar. Then a cup of bone broth. Main course: salmon filet with cauliflower rice dressed with peppers, garlic, greens and 1/2 cup mixed legumes (yes...again!) Dessert: Greek yogurt, slivered almonds and brazil nuts with a dozen or so red raspberries. Cup of warm almond milk with cinnamon before bed. Always hungry....i need a course in portion control....

(Mod edit: Did my little mod trick to put the quote in the quote box and your reply as a reply ;). Thanks for your compliment about my sprouts!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: maglil55

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
So far today:

2 mugs of coffee with cream (lactose free cream)

Picked at some cooked gammon

2 squares of Lindt 70% dark chocolate

Estimated 11g of carbs so far. Planning hard boiled eggs for lunch, not sure about tea yet. Maybe chicken curry and cauliflower rice

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and eggs
Lunch: a small (tasteless) apple and some cheese
Evening meal: (if I have one) corn on the cob, grilled with butter
Plenty of fluids - I've been remiss recently on the amount I'm drinking - falling short of the target. But I have to step it up a bit.