What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On the semi skimmed fbg thread @JohnEGreen opined that eating to one's meter to chase lower fbgs may well be counter productive - I think. Woke remoaner bias aside this piece is along the same lines. I'm also struck by the feeling that chasing lower and lower A1cs via "exotic" food choices may leave one in the same place. Yes, I'm a rum cove. No, I'm not apologetic. Yes, it is Friday.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I've been back reading on this thread from the start ! It is interesting to see who is still here and who appear to have left the forum altogether . Think I will have to ration myself to 30 to 50 post a day ...might get through them all by Christmas :).

Have you been taking the same sanity pills as me?
A little tip, dem dare pills don't work and good luck .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a cheerful looking start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “I died on your arm last night - it must have been something you said” was torn out this morning - there might be another in the wings.

Tramadol days, again, and not that many left - I may have to resort to hitting my big toe with a hammer - it helps you dull out the back pain. Don’t do this if you paint your nails. Still, won’t stop me from trimming my beard - I know, regular hero me.
Some friends are on a camper van tour and will be in Whitby this afternoon so may pop over for a promised koffy later. Mrs Miggins is continuing her woman with a van act - it’s like The Borrowers have been having a field day or some dimensional shift. She seems happy enough in her nice overalls and Bob The Builder t-shirt.

Another tree - buy one, get another two for free. Hope your day is a good one. Koffy time.

View attachment 51173
Funny for the funny bits and a hug for the pain .

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the tantalising yellow ball peep show here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a late chicken salad came home at 5.6 this am

House full of small people and luckily they did not wake until 7, mind you it was a late night for them. Bowling is the activity for this morning and then check out what bit of beach is left - high tide at 2.34 today. Anyhow, I am now surrounded by ninky nonks who are baying for breakfast so better go and sort them out.
Have a great day, wonder if I can manage koffy.

upload_2021-9-18_7-24-43.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Really good day yesterday so am really up to date with admin. Busy day teaching today then a relaxing evening.

Must dash off - dogs waiting for their walk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the tantalising yellow ball peep show here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a late chicken salad came home at 5.6 this am

House full of small people and luckily they did not wake until 7, mind you it was a late night for them. Bowling is the activity for this morning and then check out what bit of beach is left - high tide at 2.34 today. Anyhow, I am now surrounded by ninky nonks who are baying for breakfast so better go and sort them out.
Have a great day, wonder if I can manage koffy.

View attachment 51204
Another great one @dunelm
Enjoy your day...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher stunning kaleidoscope you little gem. @Krystyna23040 great fbg, good news on Admin, take it easy after all that teaching. @dunelm result on the NNs sleeping late. I hope the back issue is resolving/resolved. @karen8967 right back at ya for the weekend (see below, just for you) My fbg is a KU but be it 4 or 10 my menu would be the same. Elsie ain't beguiling enough to lead me to waft outside off all Lord Gower like. Now, is Grunty Fen Red or Green list today after the Shapps shifting?. Remember your stays Alfred - aren't whalebones verboten these days? Is it legal to offer this kind of thing for sale without a licence? I can't buy tubs of rat poison without one. I'm telling the infamous bleeding heart liberal Pritti McDinghyrammer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-18 09.12.40.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-18 09.12.40.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sorry fellow posters, painters and gamers, no time.
Life, the universe and vegan bacon sarnies call.

5.5 on that ........meter.

Alf, 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15 % neanderthal.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher stunning kaleidoscope you little gem. @Krystyna23040 great fbg, good news on Admin, take it easy after all that teaching. @dunelm result on the NNs sleeping late. I hope the back issue is resolving/resolved. @karen8967 right back at ya for the weekend (see below, just for you) My fbg is a KU but be it 4 or 10 my menu would be the same. Elsie ain't beguiling enough to lead me to waft outside off all Lord Gower like. Now, is Grunty Fen Red or Green list today after the Shapps shifting?. Remember your stays Alfred - aren't whalebones verboten these days? Is it legal to offer this kind of thing for sale without a licence? I can't buy tubs of rat poison without one. I'm telling the infamous bleeding heart liberal Pritti McDinghyrammer.
Thank you @ianpspurs
:)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 for me this morning. There is a Nespresso machine in our room so I’m taking full advantage at the moment. I’ve borrowed the proprietor’s book ( with his blessing) 40 Favourite walks on Mull and Iona so I think we’ll be exploring a bit today.
Can’t remember if I mentioned that we did see white tailed eagles a couple of days ago - a fabulous and awe inspiring experience.
Enjoy your 4 days of peace @gennepher
Shame that this is an old post because I went to Iona via Mull of course, my daughter has been working at the abbey for the summer .

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.30am FBG 4.1
Why is this so low today?
Errant was weighed and has put on a few grammes. Maybe he is meant to be a 4kg cat, although he still has a little pot belly he is noticeably increasing in his physical abilities. Running and jumping with confidence, which is a delight to see.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Shame that this is an old post because I went to Iona via Mull of course, my daughter has been working at the abbey for the summer .

Wonderful. I hope I can go back one day, I loved it there. I hope your daughter has enjoyed her summer at the abbey.

Reactions: mojo37