What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.9 from Swipey - all kinds of wrong off the back of defo keto stylee day. Scrub the in remission replace with in big trouble. @DJC3 I had a glass of red wine (Barbera, new one on me but I likey) and red meat so predictable rise in fbg. Yes, I'm sleeping much later and Swipey shows a big DP lift but c'mon this is on a par with the operation was a success but unfortunately the patient died. I'm pretty sceptical about Elsie but so far in and so stubborn I go on. Outside of this little silo it all seems completely bonkers.
Ian I gave it a like cos I know hugs aint your thing and 5.9 for you is deffinately not a win in your book so a like was sort of neutral.
I do hope your fustrsting period evapourates soon God bless you my friend.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian I gave it a like cos I know hugs aint your thing and 5.9 for you is deffinately not a win in your book so a like was sort of neutral.
I do hope your fustrsting period evapourates soon God bless you my friend.
Thanks John and God bless you too, well everyone actually believers or not.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ryhia -- Hugs for the general feeling of "yuck." Hope today will be a better day for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for your friend.
@PenguinMum -- Wonderful to see you back in the zone.
@DEBBIESCOTT -- Welcome to the thread and great fasting levels today.
@BrianDoc -- Enjoy your vacation.
@DJC3 -- Brilliant fasting levels. I agree with you on the wine. I enjoy the taste (especially as I have started to get a bit bored with just water after years). However, for me it might have contributed to the generally higher fasting levels ... but who knows, really would have to do without for a couple of months and then see.
@ianpspurs -- Sorry to read about your continued frustrations with Elsie.

Fasting blood sugars were 5.6 today -- probably slightly higher due to a late-night snack.

Have a wonderful day, all.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.8 today. It's the first day I feel I have turned a corner with my Covid symptoms and feel slightly better. Even with the vaccine, I don't recommend it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today. It's the first day I feel I have turned a corner with my Covid symptoms and feel slightly better. Even with the vaccine, I don't recommend it.
Hides a huge hug - from a distance:angelic:

Kiwigal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
9.2 when I woke up this morning.

And 9.2 before meal for breakfast at work. (Had crackers as snack during work in morning, then later on an 30 mins break "breakfast". I was very hungry, and eyes was worse visions too.) 2 hours after breakfast meals it dropped down to 7.2.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I
@Lainie71 you have every right to be chuffed with yourself. (I've never actually met/ heard a person using that phrase). Go girl - I have heard that one.
Think it might be a Somerset thing lol;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I

Think it might be a Somerset thing lol;)
It originates from northern England dialect and originally meant puffed up with fat..

But I grew up in Devon and the term was in regular use there also to describe a feeling of elation.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
5.3 first thing again today and it was only 5.6 after breakfast despite having porridge! Mind you I only have a heaped tablespoon of oats and also add a heaped dessertspoon of Chia seeds mixed with Pumpkin seeds plus Almond milk. Oh and just a few blueberries :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late posting, been a bit busy. So it was a 5.6 this morning, but that was just a tease. Bloods have been high all day. Just measured at 10:00pm and it was 6.9 even though I have only had a couple of slices of pork for tea and a tomato followed by a dollop of cream and that was at 18:00. I had my flu jab this morning, so that might be the reason for the rubbish results, hubby seems to have had a bad reaction to his and has been lying on the sofa totally exhausted for most of the afternoon.

Hope tomorrow brings an improvement.

Reactions: DJC3