What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ood morning all,

Fasting levels were 6.1 today -- seems as if sleeping in seems to lead to slightly higher levels for me.

Just saw a remarkable sequence about polar bears and diabetes today. The speaker said that scientists are interested in studying polar bears to find ways of dealing with diabetes -- as the bears seem to have unusually stable blood sugar levels. Scientists were surprised at this, since polar bears eat meat and lots of fat. :banghead: (They actually continued saying if humans ate as much fat as polar bears, we wouldn't survive.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: -- they also never seem to have to have heard about the "classic" ketogenic diet for epilepsy where sufferers have about derive 80% of their calories from fat and live to tell about it.)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @DJC3. Not sleeping has its uses, put the world to rights during the night and all is now well. If I had thought about it, I maybe could have come up with a cure for Diabetes. Maybe next time.

I don’t like to hope you get another sleepless night, but….

Reactions: Pipp

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Scientists were surprised at this, since polar bears eat meat and lots of fat. :banghead: (They actually continued saying if humans ate as much fat as polar bears, we wouldn't survive.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: -- they also never seem to have to have heard about the "classic" ketogenic diet for epilepsy where sufferers have about derive 80% of their calories from fat and live to tell about it.)

Right . . . I've just had my HBA1C results and they now put ME into NORMAL, not PRE-DIABETIC, but NORMAL. Why do I mention this, because at the same time I've almost eradicated my Carb intake, swapping it out for the LCHF diet ( which I'm not too keen on) and, being dead scared of raising my Chlorestorel levels!! But guess what?: My Chlorestorel levels are normal and whilst I've been on this LCHF diet (did I say I'm not keen on it?) they have gone DOWN!

So here's the Skinny:
HBA1C - DOWN > NORMAL
Cholesterol
- DOWN > NORMAL

OCCAM'S Razor? I must be a Polar Bear.

Reactions: DJC3

mick808

ood morning all,

Fasting levels were 6.1 today -- seems as if sleeping in seems to lead to slightably higher levels for me.

Just saw a remarkable sequence about polar bears and diabetes today. The speaker said that scientists are interested in studying polar bears to find ways of dealing with diabetes -- as the bears seem to have unusually stable blood sugar levels. Scientists were surprised at this, since polar bears eat meat and lots of fat. :banghead: (They actually continued saying if humans ate as much fat as polar bears, we wouldn't survive.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: -- they also never seem to have to have heard about the "classic" ketogenic diet for epilepsy where sufferers have about derive 80% of their calories from fat and live to tell about it.)