What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning. I think that's okay. Went for Monday night date night and had a paratha with my Indian meal (first time - need other options than that sweet naan taste) so didn't know how I would react. The walk home may have helped too (traffic snarl ups meant taking a car was impossible) so I'll be bearing that in mind for future.

Good morning all.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So 5.9 this morning.:) Much, much better than I anticipated after tossing and turning all night long. Who mistakenly got their flu jab on the arm they always lie on then -:banghead: And with one very sore arm, I forgot to take the recommended paracetamols didn't I? When I thought on, I just couldn't raise the energy to get up out of bed to find some. At least hubby got up bouncing with energy this morning, he slept for most of yesterday. Definitely something in the mix that is a bit more potent this year or are we both just wimps.;) Have a nice day folks just turning light up here in the chilly north east. And yes we say chuffed as well but never heard of the phrase "chuffed as little mint balls". @Pipp

Reactions: DJC3

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It originates from northern England dialect and originally meant puffed up with fat..

But I grew up in Devon and the term was in regular use there also to describe a feeling of elation.
Ah I'm originally from the north of England so maybe I brought it with me lol.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 - I’m chuffed too ( but not sure about the mint balls)
Glad you’re both feeling a lot better this morning @Ryhia

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ho, ho young masters what have we here then? A filthy (cricket term for a rubbish bowl) 6.2 from Tee 2. Don't even bother with hugs or that's ok it just isn't. @Ryhia hug for flu jab impact, winner for attitude. @garyclark82 Kudos for even feeling confident enough to eat out on Elsie and date night. @Pipp that phrase is lodged in my memory from Coronation Street - plebeian tastes at times my mum:arghh:. @karen8967 jelly baby to the rescue?

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
What about chuffed to mint balls .
AH that may be from Wigan Uncle Joe's Mintballs if you have no jelly Babies then a mint ball will do for a hypo.
In Canada it means the opposite of pleased.

Reactions: mojo37

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 - I’m chuffed too ( but not sure about the mint balls)
Glad you’re both feeling a lot better this morning @Ryhia
Thank you @DJC3. Not sleeping has its uses, put the world to rights during the night and all is now well. If I had thought about it, I maybe could have come up with a cure for Diabetes. Maybe next time.

Reactions: DJC3