What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I'm a bit puzzled really. Last night I began with sneezing, headache and a slight dryness in my throat (which looked red on the one side), and today I feel slightly out of sorts and with a very sore throat and mild headache. So how come I'm still seeing low fasting numbers!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a bit puzzled really. Last night I began with sneezing, headache and a slight dryness in my throat (which looked red on the one side), and today I feel slightly out of sorts and with a very sore throat and mild headache. So how come I'm still seeing low fasting numbers!
C'mon @coby ask us a hard one.:angelic:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-15 09.19.00.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-15 09.19.00.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.4 this morning. Have a great Friday everyone.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

could it be covid ? those symptoms are typical for people that already have been vacinated when they get covid anyways .. hope you feel better soon

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

5.4 for me today.

@coby -- Hope you feel better soon. Could it be that your body uses some of the glucose for energy to fight the infection? Personally, I don't generally higher levels when I feel ill. So, it might be a case of higher glucose requirements combined with a liver dump to provide the glucose. The overall net effect might not be easy to predict.
@Freema -- good blood sugar levels today. Well done also on taking your mother for her booster (?) shot yesterday.
@garyclark82 -- Maybe the red wine helped out a bit with the rise from the cake.

Have a wonderful start into the weekend all.

Reactions: DJC3

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 not sure why apart from diabetes likes to through a curved ball when you least expect it :rolleyes:

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning.
However, had a bout of diarrhoea 10 minutes after waking (I had cream in my coffee yesterday, which doesn't agree with me when heated), so rested, only to have a hypo at 1pm. Great day eh

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
could it be covid ? those symptoms are typical for people that already have been vacinated when they get covid anyways .. hope you feel better soon
I think that highly unlikely @Freema since I don't mix with anyone, and the only person anywhere near me during the last week or so was the nurse who vaccinated me on Tuesday. I'm wondering if it's from one of the vaccines? I had both the Flu and the Shingles ones