What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Sad days.
Old people will have to die because Tories won't wear masks!
When will they ever learn?
The role out has failed amongst the young cos the Tories believed the pandemic was over!

And this lot are going to deal with something really difficult like climate change? Their joking.

That they will repeat the past again and again.
Its about time the official scientists came out and said what's happening rather thinking about their career prospects.

The problem is that in climate change and the Pandemic it is business interests that will be the inhibition in finding the best solution.
D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on that day when waking at 4.15 am and overthinking seems so overrated by 7.45. How does one look at things rationally without curling up into the fetal position and howling or turning into Bertie Booster? Maybe one day I'll select one of those options but not today you lying barstewards. Today I have 2 granddaughters to cherish, the attached to admire and Spurs on TV later. How do I keep the gels warm whilst opening all me winderz, obviously all fully masked, eh Saj? It isn't normal pal. Tempting as it is to excuse Elsie delivering a 6.3 due to the COVID booster yesterday it is too convenient. Her glory glory days are done. Tempus fugit and Elsie needs renegotiating. Oddly, 'tis sausages today.

Attachments

• 20211021_073314.jpg
    20211021_073314.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that @dunelm. I use something similar but I'm not sure how robust they would be in an environment where I could go to a gym, then swim, then use a sauna, then shower and have breakfast, obs. Alternatively, I just don't bother whilst on holiday - if we go. Love the city scape and I hope you manage to secure the services of the removal people you desire.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I hope Errant improves quickly @SlimLizzy
Yes, vets are exorbitant in the UK.
He is in a very bad way. Tested positive for FIV. Bad enough.
But much worse, the xrays revealed that he has been shot. Probably some weeks ago. Am guessing this is when his voice first changed as one of the pellets is right by his voicebox. I got the impression it would be difficult for the vet and dangerous for the cat to try and remove it. The vet is keeping him for the day. We have to go to their clinic this evening to discuss options.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sad days.
Old people will have to die because Tories won't wear masks!
When will they ever learn?
The role out has failed amongst the young cos the Tories believed the pandemic was over!

And this lot are going to deal with something really difficult like climate change? Their joking.

That they will repeat the past again and again.
Its about time the official scientists came out and said what's happening rather thinking about their career prospects.

The problem is that in climate change and the Pandemic it is business interests that will be the inhibition in finding the best solution.
D.
@lindisfel it isn't the Tories per se just the bloc that Booster needs to keep on side - think opinionated Telegraph journos. The majority of his cabinet and MPs know he is useless as a PM (one can see it in their faces when asked to defend any of his policies or his behaviour generally) but will win them elections just now. Self first, party second, nation?? His basic speech is always nothing more than are you not entertained? which always ended in the same place as your concerns.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morning everyone, I’m new to the forum and still finding my way, fbg today was 8.4 new to low carbing too!

welcome to our slightly off beat corner of this rather useful web site.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who skipped the light fandango along wif scool lessons.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.5 on that scheming devious meter.

Me and me’s have just got home from a routine ultrasound scan on my liver, the operative word is routine. The young rather attractive radiologist who performed the scan was partly deaf and relies on lip reading, a little difficult when the patient is
A wearing a mask.
B never answers a question with a straight answer.
C has to have these scans at least once a year.
Perhaps next time they will let me have a koffy…..
Now with the climbing covid infection rate it is really important to remember the stays.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But much worse, the xrays revealed that he has been shot. Probably some weeks ago. Am guessing this is when his voice first changed as one of the pellets is right by his voicebox. I got the impression it would be difficult for the vet and dangerous for the cat to try and remove it. The vet is keeping him for the day. We have to go to their clinic this evening to discuss options.
@SlimLizzy I am so sorry to hear that Errant has been shot.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Than
@SlimLizzy I am so sorry to hear that Errant has been shot.
Thank you @Krystyna23040, am trying to distract myself by doing some clearing up. We had a windstorm last night and things are out of place. No power. Some small damage. Also almost all the apples have been shaken out of the trees. Will take a while to pick them all up.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry to hear this slimlizzy people can be so cruel to animals (if i put what i wanted to say i would be banned off the site)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So sorry to hear this slimlizzy people can be so cruel to animals (if i put what i wanted to say i would be banned off the site)
Think this happened right at the start of the hunting season here, so now nearly a month ago. Poor Errant did have a slight limp for a few days, but he has had a longstanding problem with his shoulder and if he gets into a fight, he often limps for a short while afterwards. So I didn't realise it was more serious than that.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my goodness @SlimLizzy
I am so sorry.
I hope the vet can find a way round this.
Maybe Errant can live with that bullet if the removal option is too dangerous?
Errant has been through a lot in his life. And so have you with him.
Hugs for all of you x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone and happy Trafalgar Day from a damp squib of a start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Heck sausages and eggs came in at 5.2 this am

Sister called from France yesterday - mother had a carpel tunnel operation yesterday and is now safely back home. She needed it done as it has been affecting her ability to hold her walking sticks. She is also awaiting a hip operation so the carpel tunnel operation needs a wee while to sort itself out.
More items have disappeared from the house and I estimate that we are now 50% lighter in the goods and chattels department. Best start getting quotes from the removal people but we want the one our son used really - they dismantle and put back together any unwieldy items and our bed is basically two electric orthopedic beds built into a single frame.

Arty farty bit - another cityscape loosely based on the Manchester City skyline. I hope that your Thursday goes off without a hitch. I will be checking out supplies of koffy. You can, of course replace morning koffy with green tea and lose up to 87% of what joy you still have left in your life.

View attachment 51681
I would need a removal firm that does as much as possible...

I think I know some of those buildings @dunelm
I am still liking this series very much...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deceptively simple looking little infographic from here attached - weirdly where I want/ feel I need to be. Then poor old Ian scratches his head (and other parts). How the chuff do I afford 160 gms quality protein per day? eat that many without gert dollops of fat? just how many meals and snacks would that require? Who are these people? Actually, my ideal body weight is 172 to 178 pounds according to this. - I'm 162 pounds today. Not a chance in aitch eee ell of me wanting to be that heavy (unless I suddenly become able to play good standard team sports again) or eating that much protein. Don't tell Julie as her theory is I don't eat enough so my body is eating itself.:arghh:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-21 14.31.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-21 14.31.24.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6,4

I did this from the end of my garden. And I photographed the yellow moon in the early hours of this morning, and placed the rest of my creative over it.

I am dog tired, not sleeping. I have lost this picture twice because I fell asleep at the iPad...

I had better post it before I fall asleep again...

3AD2344A-8376-4057-8845-2A18A7BEEA7A.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6,4

I did this from the end of my garden. And I photographed the yellow moon in the early hours of this morning, and placed the rest of my creative over it.

I am dog tired, not sleeping. I have lost this picture twice because I fell asleep at the iPad...

I had better post it before I fall asleep again...

View attachment 51688
Smashing photo shoot, I like this one very much

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Think this happened right at the start of the hunting season here, so now nearly a month ago. Poor Errant did have a slight limp for a few days, but he has had a longstanding problem with his shoulder and if he gets into a fight, he often limps for a short while afterwards. So I didn't realise it was more serious than that.
Might explain the dead owl!

Last edited: