What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 5.6 FBG 6.7. I had rogue spikes yesterday and today up to 16. Again they were wrong and the actual was in the 6's. As before it dropped quickly and settled. I've never had a sensor do this.

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with butter.
L. Nothing. Cold relapsed again so went back to bed after school pick up at lunchtime.
D. Another bacon sandwich on SLC bread otherwise water then bed.

Saturday bed 6.2 FBG 6.5 - No rogue spikes today. Totally forgot I was sitting with the boys today as Mum & Dad were out. Thankfully they were both good. Eldest was taking care of me as the cold got worse at night.

B. TAG
L. 3 M&S crackers with whipped cheese
D. A sandwich with SLC bread, German sausage and coleslaw. Lots of water.

I was grateful for the clock's going bag for the extra hour.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 and @Goonergal thanks for your comments, I agree, I’ve not been properly hungry since starting this woe so I must be more in tune with my body now I think. I’ve tried to concentrate on more nutrient dense food today ( apart from a glass or 2 of red wine this evening)
B- 3 eggs scrambled with a couple of mushrooms and chopped red pepper topped with grated parmesan.
L- in of tuna, h/m mayo on romaine lettuce leaves. DGF ginger cake. ( I found 8 boxes DGF cakes in the freezer today!)
D- large fatty pork chop and a very fatty slice of belly pork, both airfried served with a recipe I saw on Facebook ‘Collard greens with bacon’ it was very tasty. ( made with greens which I think are the same thing)
@Mrs T 123 I’ve seen that suggestion about cheese slices in lasagne, does it work well and which cheese did you use? I’ve also seen a ‘Pastry slice’ type recipe using 2 slices Gouda pressed together around a filling of cream cheese, ham, spinach etc then baked. I keep meaning to try that too.
@Antje77 I think your father would have been very happy being remembered in that way. My family have been trying to recreate my mum’s spag Bol for nearly 20yrs now but we’re no closer. Probably just as well as hers was quite sweet somehow.
@Debmcgee your dessert sounds lovely but how do you manage to melt and drizzle 1 square of chocolate without losing half round the sides of the container when pouring it out? I can never manage it.
I just use Galloway Red Cheddar Slices but you can use what cheese you like ...

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - bacon & egg doubler on slc roll. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Chicken & roasted vegetables. 1 dgf pumpkin brownie thingy with a little double cream poured over the top - I have bought some cream this week - now that I have it in the fridge ...

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - two eggs scrambled with some bacon lardons and lots of mushrooms, all fried in butter. If you don't want bacon rashers, lardons are brilliant for giving the taste without the quantity.

Tonight will have baked chicken wings with brussels sprouts and purple sprouting broccoli.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: about 11 am with BG already at 14.1 - avocado on toast (15 g carb). BG 14.7 after 2 hours.

Had to phone the dentist because I broke another tooth - a lower front one. It just flaked off in several small pieces. Also broke a tooth off of my recently made denture so had to take that back. Now I am missing my front teeth but he did repair the sharp little broken one. Can't get the repaired denture back until Friday. So I'll have to be careful with food until then.*

Might get around to making the pot pie filling this evening, but no guarantees. The chicken might have gone off by now. I do have some belly pork as a standby. Also need to use up some spinach before it gives up the ghost. I wanted to make some spinakopita with it but I'm not convinced that the cabbage leaves I have will taste right instead of pastry. Could make the filling and roll it into a flat omelette. Have to think about that.

Edit: * PS never been so glad to wear a face mask.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb in sympathy with you re your front teeth issues - I’m dreading my next dental opp on Friday am as will have a gap at front again for a few weeks until final implant and crown fitted as you say masks are useful in situations like that!
Lunch seeded crackers, Brie,celery sticks, a few tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% choc had planned one but felt hungry
Dinner Cajun spiced chicken with salads followed by low carb brownie.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- Scrambled eggs, avocado and turmeric&ginger sauerkraut.
L-H/m scotch egg and salad with a few seeds sprinkled. Shame about the dark ring round the yolk. DGF cake to follow.
D-Soup and sandwich. The soup was made from yesterday’s chicken carcass and leftover meat with a few veg. Sandwich was SLC cheese roll. Some Montezuma’s Absolute black buttons and a small handful mixed nuts afterwards.
@Annb and @shelley262 hugs for the dental work and gappy teeth. I find a mask really useful in the cold weather for keeping my face warm when I’m out shopping.
IMG_1635793115.749039.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
Exercise class. Couple of friends came back for coffee so tried them on my blueberry and cinnamon lc cake. They liked it. Lead to lots of discussion about lc and diabetes.
So I should probably count my piece of cake as part of lunch. Followed it with 2 chicken thighs and some terrine wrapped in lettuce with cucumber. Yoghurt with seeds.

D: wasn't hungry. Boys had some leftover roast from yesterday. I just nibbled some pork scratchings
Going out to a committee meeting tonight so shall have a sq of 85% before I go so I can resist the biscuits that will be offered.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Made the pie filling with some onion sweated off in butter and then some of my pickled carrots added, then chunks of chicken and some frozen peas. All finished off with some chicken stock and double cream. Yum. There's rather a lot there so have added some commercial curry powder to half of it and called it Coronation chicken. That will go into the freezer for another day.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. A bit behind again, but on track with my food. OMAD or OMAD+ the past 3 days.

Saturday I cooked a pork belly joint and scoffed the lot! Delicious crackling but no pics. Ate a large bag of mixed, salted nuts while out walking in the afternoon.

Yesterday was slow cooked ox cheek, supplemented with some fatty off cuts of chuck beef from the butcher.

Today was oddments lurking in the fridge - corned beef fried with chopped bacon, onions and courgette with a couple of fried eggs. Delicious.

869DAE3F-9CE3-4EBD-AC1A-F5C3C3380A36.jpeg
550C704F-A609-4EDE-8935-7BA0EAF99D9F.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted and filled with egg mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - mussels, smoked salmon with some salady stuff - I had a spinach base for salad rather than lettuce. Some greek yoghurt with half of a dgf raspberry slice broken up and a little double cream drizzled over the top.

@Annb & @shelley262 hugs for the teeth issues or rather lack of and @DJC3 I too find the mask nice and warm on my face now that the temperature has dropped and another positive I have found from wearing them is when I make a face at people they can't see me or I think they can't! I must remember this if/when we stop wearing them ...:)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Must be Dentists’ week this week, I have to have a tooth out tomorrow :( so my sympathies to @Annb and @shelley262

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino with a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding with LC nutty granola.
Dinner: liver, onions and bacon with Brussels, green beans and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak, eggs, tomatoes for breakfast.
Keto choc minty low carb protein bar, lemon cordial and usual scoop for smoko.
Coral trout fillets and mixed salad, couple of spoonfuls of passion fruit sorbet for lunch.
Salad and a bit of kimchi inn low carb wraps for supper at six.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: about 11 am with BG already at 14.1 - avocado on toast (15 g carb). BG 14.7 after 2 hours.

Had to phone the dentist because I broke another tooth - a lower front one. It just flaked off in several small pieces. Also broke a tooth off of my recently made denture so had to take that back. Now I am missing my front teeth but he did repair the sharp little broken one. Can't get the repaired denture back until Friday. So I'll have to be careful with food until then.*

Might get around to making the pot pie filling this evening, but no guarantees. The chicken might have gone off by now. I do have some belly pork as a standby. Also need to use up some spinach before it gives up the ghost. I wanted to make some spinakopita with it but I'm not convinced that the cabbage leaves I have will taste right instead of pastry. Could make the filling and roll it into a flat omelette. Have to think about that.

Edit: * PS never been so glad to wear a face mask.
Maybe try a spinach and feta crust less quiche?

Reactions: Antje77 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with some butter and olive oil.

Lunch: 2nd half of the chicken pie filling - cold. Very good cold as well as hot. Might be enough for today, but I'm not sure.

Still have some pork belly in the fridge and some sausages, as well as eggs, spinach and crowdie (which I was going to use in the spinakopita rather than feta), so I have a choice if I do eat any more today.

The Scenic is going to a different garage on Thursday. The mechanic there reckons its problem is not actually in the catalytic converter but in the connection between the manifold and the cat, which should be much easier to fix. He doesn't see why the whole back end of the engine needs to be dismantled to do the job at all. Glad Neil went to him because, although it may cost hundreds, it won't be the £1200 estimated by the original garage.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch - nuts, slice of ham,slices of pepper, small beetroot and lc roll followed by kefir and a few berries
Mid pm three squares of 90% choc
Dinner pork shoulder with salads and glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine.followed by lc crumble with yoghurt.