What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
RANT
Sometimes MrSlims linear approach to the building does my head in.
You all saw the family bathroom window this morning. Its cold in there. Because of that it's only used for tooth cleaning. So even though he has ignored my requests to put up the bathroom cabinet in the ensuite, ( I'm not working on bathrooms) now it might be safe to relocate toothbrushes etc into there, now that fly season is over.
The electrician came, we have more power. Except the underfloor heating in the kitchen, shows an error code and wont work. Will he investigate? Like heck, ( I'm not working on the kitchen) he is concentrating on the salon still, i suppose it makes sense, but surely we could wait for pelmets? And we need the heating ASAP:grumpy:
Oh dear @SlimLizzy
I think my rant on all that would have been a book...
So many frustrations for you.
I sympathise...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Running out of time here for creative bit...
It began yesterday with me dabbing off the excess runny black water on the painting.
So I rubbed it on a spare sheet of paper.
My starting point for today.
So, a willow tree with the same fude pen as yesterday.
I tried a couple of practice boats, but my hand wasn't steady enough.
So I thought, I know! Birdies! Very forgiving if the hand is not steady enough...

Bye...I am here when I am meant to be there...flu jab...

I am afraid Popeye had to be a bit of text this morning...no time to hide him in the painting...

6D748073-8DBC-4B0E-824D-2141AE32BE75.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a quiet and overcast morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of left over cauliflower cheese with what the heck sausages came in at 5.2 this am

My first thought of the day - what day is it? Oh they blend into each other from one bin day to the next, but the jet lag of moving from a Wednesday to a Thursday has tipped my gyroscope and given me a feeling of Monday, or was it Sunday? The feeling has gone, so who knows (my short term memory is so unreliable). Window cleaners coming today - they are also going to clean all the gutters and the cover over the bottom part of the drive - a fancy car port if you like. Gates. Must search for gates today - wooden ones I think. Masks - must panic buy more masks although I don’t intend using my bus pass any time soon and going into shops is not up there on my list of fabulous things to do. Found two tins of confit de canard - Christmas lunch now sorted, best get the sprouts on tomorrow.

Art bit - a bit of tree and a couple of birds - upping the protein content for the last day of November. Have a great day if you can. Must make more koffy.

upload_2021-11-30_7-54-47.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Running out of time here for creative bit...
It began yesterday with me dabbing off the excess runny black water on the painting.
So I rubbed it on a spare sheet of paper.
My starting point for today.
So, a willow tree with the same fude pen as yesterday.
I tried a couple of practice boats, but my hand wasn't steady enough.
So I thought, I know! Birdies! Very forgiving if the hand is not steady enough...

Bye...I am here when I am meant to be there...flu jab...

I am afraid Popeye had to be a bit of text this morning...no time to hide him in the painting...

View attachment 52261
Smashing willow art with birds fleeing from the cunning disguised Popeye.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An unusual 4.3 this morning. Absolutely no idea why it was so low.
So pleased that it is a bit warmer today.

Yesterday had a two hour break between classes so had a lovely meal in the pub across road. Chicken topped with bacon and melted mozzarella and cheddar cheese with a mixed salad and grilled tomatoes. Then relaxed with a couple of coffees while I read the newspaper.

All roadworks finished so no horrible detours down country roads in my way home after the evening classes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy St Andrew's day and it is still Hannukah (and Advent):) Swipey showed 5.9 which is obviously way too high - no suitable lipstick for that pig. It doesn't invalidate almost 6.5 years of Elsie working nor mean she isn't the gal for you guys. Other factors at work here. Wise words Daniel - chune at the end:angelic: Looking in from outside the Eslie silo one can see the absurdity. Why would a 66 yo man in Suffolk believe that a diet popularised by Yummy Mummies across the pond (yes, I know the 4 letter version starting with M) wanting to still fit into their prom dresses/discover the secret of eternal youth could manage a chronic condition?. I hope you source some sturdy gates @dunelm - I miss the farm gates and pedestrian side gate from "home." Great art again Sir but a tad early for sprout humour - young Alfred has boiled that topic to death. @gennepher is it a flu jab day? only posts from all kinds of days have just appeared jumbled up with this morning's. Lights? JKP kindly organised bulbs which Alexa (and an app) can control - colours, brightness, on off - ideal for tech savvy grandchildren:arghh:. Wonderful fbg @Krystyna23040 and the meal sounds divine. A chune for our times. How very clever of Omicron to respect masks in shops and on public transport but know that hospitality venues are strictly off limits. Isn't science amazing? A cynical chap would conclude that the Hospitality industry doesn't donate as freely to the Scots Nats or Welsh Labour - not me though.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-30 08.34.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-30 08.34.12.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, today is another day and are we not lucky to be inhabiting it.
A 5.4 on that meter that is dicing with a close encounter with my carpentry hammer, yes I have other hammers, but the carpentry hammer has an evil look.

Just for our lay preacher me and me’s would like to utter one word….sprouts…
Today me and me and me’s will be unsupervised, ahh the delights and the words of a song slowly percolate through what passes for my brain…”there will be trouble ahead”.
Be safe, bee well, bea apart and choose a nice mask.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just for our lay preacher me and me’s would like to utter one word….sprouts…
So last century young Alfred, young sparrow me owl. This is where the action is - a tasty recipe for your most excellent minder to try, perhaps? (I'd ditch the pepper and add grated Parmesan, personally) O/T "Alexa, let there be light" does just that (salmon is obviously the choice of colour here ) with "good morning, I hope you slept well" then plays 3 songs/hymns I always play. "Alexa, good night" now switches orf the lights with a cheery "Goodnight, sleep well." Such japes. I just know you're gonna love the C21st.:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy St Andrew's day and it is still Hannukah (and Advent):) Swipey showed 5.9 which is obviously way too high - no suitable lipstick for that pig. It doesn't invalidate almost 6.5 years of Elsie working nor mean she isn't the gal for you guys. Other factors at work here. Wise words Daniel - chune at the end:angelic: Looking in from outside the Eslie silo one can see the absurdity. Why would a 66 yo man in Suffolk believe that a diet popularised by Yummy Mummies across the pond (yes, I know the 4 letter version starting with M) wanting to still fit into their prom dresses/discover the secret of eternal youth could manage a chronic condition?. I hope you source some sturdy gates @dunelm - I miss the farm gates and pedestrian side gate from "home." Great art again Sir but a tad early for sprout humour - young Alfred has boiled that topic to death. @gennepher is it a flu jab day? only posts from all kinds of days have just appeared jumbled up with this morning's. Lights? JKP kindly organised bulbs which Alexa (and an app) can control - colours, brightness, on off - ideal for tech savvy grandchildren:arghh:. Wonderful fbg @Krystyna23040 and the meal sounds divine. A chune for our times. How very clever of Omicron to respect masks in shops and on public transport but know that hospitality venues are strictly off limits. Isn't science amazing? A cynical chap would conclude that the Hospitality industry doesn't donate as freely to the Scots Nats or Welsh Labour - not me though.
Yes flu jab day...if you can get there with the gridlocked traffic because of a leaky gas main on the main high street...so, the round trip of less than two miles took me nearly 4 hours @ianpspurs

Then as I reached home, I realised it was also Spitting Feathers day. Shiny black van man, that rogue tradesman whom next door neighbour that I call Xmas Lights Mr Insensitive keeps employing despite his #&@££@ track record, is back. There is a massive industrial bag of sand. And several pallets of sold breeze blocks.And I opened my car door to the screeching of machinery cutting concrete...

My cochlear sound processor has now been deposited in its dry box where it can stay from now on. At least this will save on batteries. And I have probably just gone through every curse known to mankind...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes flu jab day...if you can get there with the gridlocked traffic because of a leaky gas main on the main high street...so, the round trip of less than two miles took me nearly 4 hours @ianpspurs

Then as I reached home, I realised it was also Spitting Feathers day. Shiny black van man, that rogue trader whom next door neighbour that I call Xmas Lights Mr Insensitive keeps employing despite his #&@££@ track record, is back. There is a massive industrial bag of sand. And several pallets of sold breeze blocks.And I opened my car door to the screeching of machinery cutting concrete...

My cochlear sound processor has now been deposited in its dry box where it can stay from now on. At least this will save on batteries. And I have probably just gone through every curse known to mankind...
Ah, not quite Lou Read then? I hope you enjoy as much peace and quiet as possible and I feel confident that an ex-military man on here may have some curses to replenish your stock.:angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My grandfathers, who are long gone, each fought in one or other of the two WWs so I can't ask them what they think of this. I have a very, very good idea which is why I have zero respect for our PM and the fruitcakes/chocolate soldiers invoking the Blitz spirit, Churchill etc. Once I've acknowledged my bias I genuinely can't fault what the gel says.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I declare today as Hide Under the Electric Blanket Day...
HUEBD it is then although today is "officially" Gifting Day. I've never used an electric blanket (or seen one "in the flesh"). You snuggle down/up and take care.

Last edited: