What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure what food to have today. It's 11.20 am and so far I've had a boiled sweet and a packet of crisps to treat a hypo plus several cups of tea to try to get warm. The hypo was due to my taking a correction dose (fairly high, but what I would normally take to get down to something like required range from 15+). That was before I went back to bed last night. Middle of the night I woke to a soaking wet bed with sweat pouring off me and BG down to 3.5, That's when I had the sweet. BG currently 8.9. But I'm incredibly cold.

I'm not feeling hungry, but I am thinking about food, which is probably a good sign after the last few days. Probably, eventually, it will be bacon and egg but at present I'm trying to get the shower room heated up so I can have my shower. The temperature here is very low and the house is cold, so I am too.

Later on, I have one of those ready meals to have - chicken jalfrezi. Probably has too much carb with it, so I'll eat the bits that I can.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; eat natural low sugar granola, two slices hi lo with butter
snack: mocha
lunch: SLC roll with tomato and ham, one pickled onion, perkier nut bar
dinner: goulash with a few sprouts and cauliflower rice (giving this another try), raspberries and baileys cream, six montezuma buttons

Possibly some nuts whilst watching American Crime Story....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee and PT session in the park this morning.
L- leftover chicken and coconut curry followed by DGF vegan fudge brownie.
D- https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-chorizo-crumb-topped-cod-with-padron-peppers (without the pardon peppers) green beans, broccoli and a mushroom filled with blue cheese. 2 HC dark choc batons ( 85%)
IMG_1638296531.524737.jpg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted & filled with egg mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - prawn cocktail & salmon with a large salad.

Peterborough at it again - I received e-mail last night from Royal Mail advising my DGF would be delivered today - never arrived - still STUCK at Peterborough AGAIN and it's not even December yet! - it's bad enough just now I don't want to think about what it will be like in the coming weeks ... just as well I had some supplies left in the freezer so I had 1 dgf white chocolate raspberry blondie with a little cream after my dinner - I so needed it after my ****** day yesterday

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Took the pack of Chicken Jalfrezi out of the fridge. Calories in it are 636, carbs are 58.3. Not sure what will be left in what I can eat of it. Instructions are, in my current state of mind, too complicated - Remove onion bhaji from the pack; pierce film lid on the other 3 compartments; heat on full power for 4 minutes 30 seconds; peel back the cover on the chicken compartment, stir and recover; heat on full power for another 1 minute 30 seconds; put the bhaji back in and cook for another minutes; stir before serving. And the only bit I can eat is the chicken! I think I'll just take it out of the packaging and microwave it on its own until it seems hot enough.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling relieved having successfully managed to take oldest autistic adult son for his cv19 booster. Caring events like this needs a lot of planning and care - so I’m thrilled that it’s done.
Lunch two eggs scrambled in butter followed by spoonful of yoghurt and two squares of 90% chocolate
Mid pm my first ever DGF LC lemon cookie - lovely reward for me. Tasted not at all low carb even though it was!
Dinner game casserole - left in slow cooker all day while out - with some roasted butternut squash and glass of soda water with dash of dry white followed by lc blondie warmed and served with extra thick cream.
Exciting day tomorrow as get to start the advent calendar and lc choc. It’s a DGF lc milk chocolate - a first for them and will be interesting to see what they taste like.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and anAtkins bar
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese with sliced sautéed courgette in place of spaghetti followed by SF jelly and cream.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well... I now know why I don't buy ready meals! I said this to Neil and he suggests I'd be as well just to buy pot noodles. I could put them straight into the bin without bothering to strip the lid off.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday 28 November - bed 6.8 FBG 7.7. After the gales on Friday we awoke to snow this morning. Now I have 40ft of fencing down covered in snow. Swimming off the agenda today!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.

L. Nothing

D. Usual campari and soda. Beef olives dome in the IP with carrot, onion, asparagus. Had a couple of Hubby's potatoes. Blackberries and a spoonful of brandy cream.

Had a go with my birthday "hoover". I'd already done the upstairs landing and I was horrified at how much came out with a second pass with the new "beast". I guess I can concede it's very powerful!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, slice of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Tub of greek yoghurt, lemon cordial and osmolax brew for smoko.
Chicken pie with out the lid on, tub of low sugar orange jelly with mango sorbet for lunch.
Two baked bean sandwiches for supper at six.

Still not eating very much, I am hungry, but for some reason I can not get any more down unless it's softish stuff.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to hate sprouts! I would have a single token sprout on Xmas day only. It’s one of the foods that I now enjoy as my tastes have changed since going low carb.
Faced with a son who calls them shrunken cabbages, I discovered a recipe I use every Christmas and he eats them! Cook off chopped pancetta in a dry wok. Remove and add chopped shallots then baby sprouts (halved). Season and stir fry. How much you cook depends on how much bite you want in them. I still prefer some bite. You can slow the cooking by turning down, add a little stock and put a lid on. Toast some pine nuts a bit in the oven then add the pancetta & pine nuts to the mix. Squeeze of lemon juice and that's it.
Balsamic works well on it too.
I cook it in advance and I have 2 four compartment heated trays which keeps veggies etc in good condition for up to 2 hours.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: some cheesy seed crackers I made a couple of days ago
L: more cheesy crackers, this time with leftover chicken and 3 pickled cucumbers
D: Caulifower baked in bacon. Very tasty but a bit of a fiddle to put together as the caulifower is kept whole . Used some of the remaining sauce to fill peppers which I served as a side. I've put the recipe in my cmt but did cook it for at least 40 minutes not the 25 in the recipe, based on past experience of cooking a whole cauliflower. And don't stint on the pre steaming in the microwave either

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted & filled with egg mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - prawn cocktail & salmon with a large salad.

Peterborough at it again - I received e-mail last night from Royal Mail advising my DGF would be delivered today - never arrived - still STUCK at Peterborough AGAIN and it's not even December yet! - it's bad enough just now I don't want to think about what it will be like in the coming weeks ... just as well I had some supplies left in the freezer so I had 1 dgf white chocolate raspberry blondie with a little cream after my dinner - I so needed it after my ****** day yesterday
Ah the dreaded Peterborough! Bet they arrive tomorrow.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well... I now know why I don't buy ready meals! I said this to Neil and he suggests I'd be as well just to buy pot noodles. I could put them straight into the bin without bothering to strip the lid off.
It's one of the things that annoy me since diabetes!
It's not like I was eating ready meals all the time before, but I hate how I can never just have a relatively sensible ready meal instead of cooking, and then there's the even more impossible options of shoving a pizza in the oven or getting chips and a kroket or a kaassoufflé (Dutch equivalent of fish and chips) by way of an easy meal every once in a while.
It's the time of year we Dutchies get all stressed because we need to get our Sinterklaas poems and surprises (surpreesuhs) ready before the big day on the 5th of december.
Happy to inform you I've sewed on eyes and noses on 4 socks now to turn them into guinea pigs, and even better, I wrote 9 short (and rather bad) poems to go with various presents!
Only the main poem left to write, but that can wait as it goes on the outside of the surprise. I'll print the shorter poems tomorrow at the library (no-one can read my handwriting) and then I can start wrapping and assembling and sewing ears.

Could have used a ready meal, because after accomplishing all that, and playing an online pub quiz on insulin (got 7th place of about 50) I didn't feel like cooking my planned meal of stuffed bell peppers, so I had two slices of lc bread instead: one with cheese, tomato and mayonnaise, one with the last of the marinated pork belly pieces.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday 28 November - bed 6.8 FBG 7.7. After the gales on Friday we awoke to snow this morning. Now I have 40ft of fencing down covered in snow. Swimming off the agenda today!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.

L. Nothing

D. Usual campari and soda. Beef olives dome in the IP with carrot, onion, asparagus. Had a couple of Hubby's potatoes. Blackberries and a spoonful of brandy cream.

Had a go with my birthday "hoover". I'd already done the upstairs landing and I was horrified at how much came out with a second pass with the new "beast". I guess I can concede it's very powerful!
Belated "Happy Birthday wishes to you" x

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 29 November - bed 7.9 FBG 6.8. Busy, busy day. Very slippy underfoot. House like a cafe with coffees and bacon rolls (demolition of 40ft of destroyed fence/posts in progress. Youngest having a bad day, son + DIL had to get to their double jabs, then last meal with DILs parents before they head home - and breathe!

B. Just TAG
L. Finally had a slice of SLC toast and pate.
D. Remaining cold cuts - ox tongue, ham, roast beef, mini German sausage, coronation chicken and a boiled egg DGF Christmas pie with blackberries and a spoonful of brandy cream.

This fence is not going to be cheap. Garden is full of lots of treated wood. Still, last one survived 30 years!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Monday 29 November - bed 7.9 FBG 6.8. Busy, busy day. Very slippy underfoot. House like a cafe with coffees and bacon rolls (demolition of 40ft of destroyed fence/posts in progress. Youngest having a bad day, son + DIL had to get to their double jabs, then last meal with DILs parents before they head home - and breathe!

B. Just TAG
L. Finally had a slice of SLC toast and pate.
D. Remaining cold cuts - ox tongue, ham, roast beef, mini German sausage, coronation chicken and a boiled egg DGF Christmas pie with blackberries and a spoonful of brandy cream.

This fence is not going to be cheap. Garden is full of lots of treated wood. Still, last one survived 30 years!

Missed your birthday @maglil55, belated birthday wishes. Hope the effects of the storm haven't spoiled things for you. That was quite a demolition job the storm did. Did you lose power as well?

Food today - about 1 pm, a sausage and pickle sandwich (slices from a small wholemeal loaf, pork sausages and home made pickles). Might have some fish fingers (without the breadcrumbs) later with some salady things.

No 2 son has just left - Em managed to fall down the stairs this morning and bumped her head. She already had a bruise on her head from banging it on a cupboard door and hit it in the same place. DIL kept her home today although she seemed OK but she wanted to check through the morning in case of concussion. Em is getting too much like her dad. He is famous for the amount of damage he does to himself just moving around the place. He does do DIY jobs, but is a danger to himself when he does - always has a new scar every time we see him. He's careful of everything except himself.