What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Jojo85

Good morning!

Early start for me waking at 5.30am, so fbg was 4.8 which was surprising for me. Maybe it was my pre dinner walk that did that perhaps. Dinner was homemade San choy bow made with pork mince, onion, celery, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. I eat it with iceberg lettuce

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend !!

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3.5 for me jelly babies taken x2 have a good day everyone
FB_IMG_1630219502324.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Creative today...
Ink pens didn't behave as expected, but created something different.

Stray cats...well, my expensive dry biscuits for Popeye, which would have lasted Popeye until next year are all eaten up.
So, I had to source some new ones, not cheap ones, but considerably cheaper.
They were out yesterday for the first time. Two bowls of them.
I saw 4 of the 5 strays from my bed.
Each one had a face of disgust.
They came to the bedroom glass door beseeching me. "You can't expect us to eat this ****".
Stony faced me said, "It's that, or nothing. And if this hasn't gone by Monday, the rest of the supplies are going to the food bank for someone who would appreciate this. You have all been spoilt by Popeyes's special food. And there will be nothing put out again".
Each of the four walked away, the way cats do, disgusted and flicking their tail and bum at me.

But in the night the two bowls of dry cat food have gone. Who has taken it I have no idea. It could have been 5th stray Jade. Or some creature of the night.

The birds gave the thumbs up to the new dry biscuits yesterday. Blackbirds, Robin, and sparrows approved it.

If Jade ever agrees to be an indoors cat, then she will get an upgrade on the dry biscuits and other food.

3FD3D05D-158A-4181-B87E-9344524D12B7.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jojo45 San choy bow sounds good - what swaps do you make from this, if any? @karen8967 hug for initial low but great that jelly babies were on hand. @Krystyna23040 wrap up warm and wonderful fbg. My fbg isn't in the same postcode as controlled and estimated A1c is up by .5 from last time but adding on say .6 still not quite pre-diabetic. Elsie needs new togs. JKP unwell so I need to minister to a 4 month old grandson. I/we raised 3 boys but this is a whole lot more precious. Looking back I should never have been entrusted with children and all our mistakes are glaringly obvious now. Still, God found a way to get them this far. Salmon salad day and 1.5 litres of Assam (with almond milk and inulin) in already so what else could a man want? The stays?

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Creative today...

Stray cats...well, my expensive dry biscuits for Popeye, which would have lasted Popeye until next year are all eaten up.
They came to the bedroom glass door beseeching me. "You can't expect us to eat this ****".
Stony faced me said, "It's that, or nothing. And if this hasn't gone by Monday, the rest of the supplies are going to the food bank for someone who would appreciate this. You have all been spoilt by Popeyes's special food. And there will be nothing put out again".
Each of the four walked away, the way cats do, disgusted and flicking their tail and bum at me.

But in the night the two bowls of dry cat food have gone. Who has taken it I have no idea. It could have been 5th stray Jade. Or some creature of the night.

The birds gave the thumbs up to the new dry biscuits yesterday. Blackbirds, Robin, and sparrows approved it.

If Jade ever agrees to be an indoors cat, then she will get an upgrade on the dry biscuits and other food.

View attachment 52293
Thank you for today's creative and sorry about no text with the youtube vid but here it is:
"So we are saying don't go to work, go to work, don't take public transport go to work, don't go to work.

He added: "If you can work from home, go to work. Don't go to work. Go outside. Don't go outside. And then we will or won't, something or other." Did the badger snaffle the biscuits? Take care

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.6

I was out all day yesterday, so perhaps didn't eat quite so wisely. Met up with friend. There had been a stabbing where we met up that I didn't know about, but friend knew. Then told me of fatal stabbing in Liverpool of a schoolgirl. So sad.

Nothing is safe. But you have to go out and live your life as best you can despite what is going on all around. I then went for a very long drive. A scenic route. I need some stuff for the car to boil water or something. I sorted out the toilet needs from Amazon quite some time ago.

Too tired last night to drag bin stuff out, so that got dragged out around 4am. I was quiet as a mouse - honest. No incoming sound for me, my processor was still in its dry box.

So, creative bit for me. Well, I looked at that street lamp again. It was freezing out, but dry. I think it took on the yellow from my front room light on...my front room is painted orange, so it does give that kind of glow...

Black paper from the cover of my sketchbook again. But I used conte pastels. I am in bed working on this so this was the pencil version of them.

This is as far as I have got with it for today...

Coffee next and breakfast...

View attachment 52278
Shining brightly in the night

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Creative today...

View attachment 52293
Lovely reflective copse of trees with those grainy hints of mountains behind and a high flying bird. Fly higher bird, there are stray cats about - picky with their food - but stray.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for today's creative and sorry about no text with the youtube vid but here it is:
"So we are saying don't go to work, go to work, don't take public transport go to work, don't go to work.

He added: "If you can work from home, go to work. Don't go to work. Go outside. Don't go outside. And then we will or won't, something or other." Did the badger snaffle the biscuits? Take care
Thanks for the Creative compliment @ianpspurs
And thanks for the words Matt Lucas summarised from that Clown...

As far as I know my things to keep the badger out worked and are still working now.Although it is not important now that Popeye has gone. It was for his safety.
So, you might be right. Or it might be a Fox.
But if the creature needs food, then that is fine...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull but promising start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of stir fried chicken and vegetables came home to roost at 5.2 this am

Booster jab on the cards for today. I was going to be helping out at the hospital tomorrow for another mass jab session and get my booster at the same time. However, this prolapsed disc is having none of it and like all minority groups, has shouted the loudest. So, just the jab sir, nothing for the weekend? Mrs Miggins came home yesterday with an ‘offcut’ and carpeted a small box room in the attic. It’s where the boiler is situated and has a decent set of shelving and some hanging rails. Now all painted, spruced up and with a fitted carpet to boot. I am hoping for part ownership of one of the shelves and a few millimetres of hanging rail. “You were lucky, we used to live in a she box in’t middle of the road.”

Some trees today - so many have fallen in Kielder Forest that a lot of the paths are closed while they assess storm damage and remove fallen and dangerous trees. Have a marvellous day if you can. My koffy pot awaits.

upload_2021-12-3_8-35-37.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull but promising start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of stir fried chicken and vegetables came home to roost at 5.2 this am

Booster jab on the cards for today. I was going to be helping out at the hospital tomorrow for another mass jab session and get my booster at the same time. However, this prolapsed disc is having none of it and like all minority groups, has shouted the loudest. So, just the jab sir, nothing for the weekend? Mrs Miggins came home yesterday with an ‘offcut’ and carpeted a small box room in the attic. It’s where the boiler is situated and has a decent set of shelving and some hanging rails. Now all painted, spruced up and with a fitted carpet to boot. I am hoping for part ownership of one of the shelves and a few millimetres of hanging rail. “You were lucky, we used to live in a she box in’t middle of the road.”

Some trees today - so many have fallen in Kielder Forest that a lot of the paths are closed while they assess storm damage and remove fallen and dangerous trees. Have a marvellous day if you can. My koffy pot awaits.

View attachment 52294
Hug for the back issue. Winner for the artwork, Barber's reference - which I have never actually heard uttered and Monty Python reference. I happened upon some "Professional Yorkshiremen" at Uni. One was genuinely miffed in Fortnum and Mason to find that iced coffee was exactly what it said it was:banghead: Hope your booster goes well, mixed reports on after effects.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Found a lump on Archie's neck so we took him to the vet this morning. Sadly the vet said it looks like a cancerous lump. The vet does not want to take it off or investigate it or treat it because he is 15 - which is really old for a chocolate labrador. Their average lifespan is 10 years old. She doesn't want to do anything that will impact his quality of life. We are to wash it with salt to stop it getting infected.

She said he is really good for his age. There will be decisions to be made in the future, but at the moment we will make sure he does all his favourite things - so lots of visits to pubs and cafes and his favourite National Trust places.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Found a lump on Archie's neck so we took him to the vet this morning. Sadly the vet said it looks like a cancerous lump. The vet does not want to take it off or investigate it or treat it because he is 15 - which is really old for a chocolate labrador. Their average lifespan is 10 years old. She doesn't want to do anything that will impact his quality of life. We are to wash it with salt to stop it getting infected.

She said he is really good for his age. There will be decisions to be made in the future, but at the moment we will make sure he does all his favourite things - so lots of visits to pubs and cafes and his favourite National Trust places.
So sad when that happens. We had a year of that in 2019 with our last 2 dogs. Hugs for Archie but no dog could ever have 2 more loving people as carers. I'm sure you will both cherish the time you have and he will know sense how loved he is and always has been.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52294
Gentle hugs for the prolapsed disc @dunelm
Brilliant trees painting. Like the trees very much. They look amazing. I would love to be able to do some like that...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sorry to hear that @Krystyna23040
Hugs for you and Archie.
No decisions have to be made yet.
Both you and he enjoy every day to the fullest.
A precious time x