What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
dratted Hotel Chocolat shop next to the station! @Tori71 the 85% hot chocolate is very good in store, especially with their whipped chocolate cream added! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
My nearest store is Leeds which is luckily 25 miles away! If only they didn't have that blummin' mail order....:angelic:

Reactions: Goonergal

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
whilst I'm monopolising the site today does anyone know of a lower carb cocoa powder than the one I use? It's Dr Oetker Fine 100% dark cocoa powder and comes in at 8.9gms carbs per 100gms which is pretty low considering I rarely use 100g in my low carb cake recipes, usually less. Always interested to see whats out there though

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
whilst I'm monopolising the site today does anyone know of a lower carb cocoa powder than the one I use? It's Dr Oetker Fine 100% dark cocoa powder and comes in at 8.9gms carbs per 100gms which is pretty low considering I rarely use 100g in my low carb cake recipes, usually less. Always interested to see whats out there though

The one that Lidl stock - forget the name is about 7 or 8 grams, I think and cheap.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Feeling a bit off today - I didn't get to sleep until 5 am this (edited to fix typo) morning and then woke again at 10.30 feeling very groggy. And I still keep dozing off. Have you ever done that thing where you think you've woken up and got up, but then find that you are still in your bed (or office chair in my case) and didn't get up after all. I did that about 5 times earlier, until Neil came into the kitchen and I actually did wake up and get up from the chair. Very stiff, of course, as a result.

Anyhow, at that stage I just had some toast and Marmite and some tea and that was breakfast.

Fluid consumption very low today, so must do better.

2nd meal will be baked fish. I forgot to take the pack of pollock out of the freezer, but it can be cooked from frozen so I'll just put the whole pack onto a baking tray with some veggies, wrap it in foil and shove it in the oven. Half an hour should do it. Oh, I just realised that there is probably some unfrozen haddock in the big fridge that I had forgotten about. Fish pie or fish fingers tomorrow I guess.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not even considered such a drastic step. However I have just bought lots of Montezuma 100% cocoa drops and they are helping me keep my intake under control. My notional limit is 10g, but when I have to break up a bar, inevitably the portions are uneven and I give way to the temptation to eat "just a bit more". 10 drops = 10g and no fudging. My other treat is 10g = 10 small almonds, but I have resolved to eat either almonds or chocolate drops, but not both at the same meal. Success is not sure.

I tend to find it easier to limit with the Montezumas 100% buttons too. Such an intense cocoa hit! And I agree completely that a bar is just too tempting to keep going back to.
I started to find that my carefully counted 10 buttons became an estimated small handful, then a slightly larger and larger handful. Nuts are another nemesis.
Good idea with the almonds or chocolate choice, I don’t seem to have any stop button if I eat them both together.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
breakfast; lc granola, hi lo toast with butter
lunch; steak, peas, vine tomatoes, mushrooms, creamy pepper sauce, a gin and no carb tonic, 3 batons hotel chocolat 85% (I am not buying these again they are too moreish !
dinner; raspberries and cream
snack; mocha and a small handfull of salted popcorn

@Jayne1983 oh no you poor thing, you must be shattered. No rush to reply on this thread, we're very easy going!
Thanks I’ve just tested positive now I knew I had it because I’m so Bad I’m not testing my bloods for the next few days I’m to scared what it will say: will I be ok just drinking water I’ve got no appetite if I have to I will force some 10 cal jelly down xx

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you ever done that thing where you think you've woken up and got up, but then find that you are still in your bed

Yes!

OMAD today after a great walk along the Thames in the sun. Looks a bit messy but was tasty. Eggy mess (supposed to be an omelette) with leftover pork, a bit of mince and some corned beef, plus a home made burger and bacon.

AADD1597-67FF-47FC-9E9B-F6C940DAF8B2.jpeg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks I’ve just tested positive now I knew I had it because I’m so Bad I’m not testing my bloods for the next few days I’m to scared what it will say: will I be ok just drinking water I’ve got no appetite if I have to I will force some 10 cal jelly down xx

Jayne, if you aren't on any meds you will be fine on just water.

If you are on meds, depending what they are you might need to think a bit more on that. I won't go through the various meds options until you conform which, if any meds you take.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
OMAD today after a great walk along the Thames in the sun. Looks a bit messy but was tasty. Eggy mess (supposed to be an omelette) with leftover pork, a bit of mince and some corned beef, plus a home made burger and bacon.

aadd1597-67ff-47fc-9e9b-f6c940daf8b2-jpeg.52813

271736715_10224919245002718_7369313883005697666_n.jpg

Look, we have matching dinners today!
Pretty blue plates with a burger and bacon on the right and something yellowish involving eggs on the left! :joyful:

In my case, it was the last of the leftover cabbage carbonara, and I had raw endive with some mayo and salt and pepper with my burger, and a little green pesto on top.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Jayne, if you aren't on any meds you will be fine on just water.

If you are on meds, depending what they are you might need to think a bit more on that. I won't go through the various meds options until you conform which, if any meds you take.
Hi thanks I’m diet only and exercise my hbc1a was 54 March then 36 June then 35 November oh it’s not very nice this virus but I’m sure I will be fine I’ve had all my injections thank you I do take apple cider vinegar tablets tho xx

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: pate on 4 m&s seedy crackers
Lovely sunny walk with a friend. If only it wasn't so muddy!
L: ham and cheese on lc soda bread, packet of cheesies. Coffee with cream
D: roast chicken, green beans, carrots and sprouts with marmite. 2 sqs hm lc millionaires shortbread, microwaved 30 secs from frozen, with double cream, lush.

Think I'm still hungry though and trying to resist anything more

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch: pork sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, black coffee x2.

Dinner: topside beef, butter fried savoy cabbage, small piece of roadt parsnip, 2 glasses Malbec.

Many thanks @Goonergal @MrsA2 for info on seeded crackers. Sometimes a crunchy cracker is what is needed with cheese. No M&S nearby, and Ocado don’t seem to have them, but I will find some, or make some of my own.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday a hungry three meal day
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch hm lc roll with some cheese, nuts and two 85% choc batons
Dinner curry with cauliflower rice and Corriander with two gins with soda water followed by lc crumble with cream
Today back to usual 18/6 eating in 2 meals
Lunch three eggs scrambled with butter and one hm lc roll followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries
Dinner roast chicken with cauliflower cheese and two chipolata sausages and glass of dry white wine followed by lc brownie warmed with cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jayne1983 sending get well soon hugs your way, I hope you don’t have too bad a time of it. Well done on getting your HbA1c down to non diabetic numbers so quickly.
Today we had 2nd Christmas - all the family round ( we were missing some at real Christmas).
B- cheese and asparagus omelette.
Lunch and Dinner, sort of rolled into one big graze fest. Low carb buffet of the usual cold cuts snd cheeses. Fat head sausage rolls, salads, lc scotch eggs and https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chicken-curry-pie which is really good - I made it last year from the leftover Turkey and it was a great success.
1 gin and soda. 1 DGF cake.
Won’t be following the DD reset meal plan for a few days while we polish off the leftovers.
IMG_1641759634.491653.jpg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi thanks I’m diet only and exercise my hbc1a was 54 March then 36 June then 35 November oh it’s not very nice this virus but I’m sure I will be fine I’ve had all my injections thank you I do take apple cider vinegar tablets tho xx

All else being equal, you should be fine on fluids if you don't feel like eating. It is still very important to take on board plenty fluids though.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a cookies and cream PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and birthday cake PHD bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms and tiny solanto tomatoes for breakfast.
No smoko again, just lemon cordial / osmolax mix.
T bone steak, green veggies and gravy for lunch.
Toasted cheese and onion low carb sandwiches for supper at six.

I see a lot of you mention fluids, since coming out of hospital I have been on a 1.5 - 2.0 ltr ration of fluids per day, this includes jelly, fruit, gravy, custard, etc and my favourite poorbugga salt.

I was put on this to keep the fluid building up in my legs, which because of bad circulation the heart beats faster and ends up throwing a fit and going onto AFib because of lack of O2.

It has kept my weight down, I also cheat somedays and have a extra drink or jelly. I have been keeping the books so the hospital medical team that check via the nurse navigator can see what goes in, and what comes out.

Edit: extra info

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - Eventually got round to trying the slc instant porridge (as it's out of date end of January) - I was not impressed imo it didn't taste very nice at all and that was with a little greek yoghurt & berries on top and it put me up to a 9.5 (more than a rise of over 3!) - so that was a waste of £6.99 or whatever I paid for it at the time - anyone else tried this and how did you get on with it?

Dinner - 3 scrambled eggs n cheese with 2 slices slc bread toasted and buttered. 2 squares lindtt 90% with mug of earl grey tea