What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Grabbed a couple of lettuce leaves and a cold boiled egg out of the fridge this morning.

Reactions: shelley262

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So far only fluids. I have put some of the fish soup on to heat, so will have that before long. Not hungry but I don't think it's a good idea to keep going on too little food.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Feta cheese yes.
Tomatoes depends on your meter. They are technically a fruit and can raise some people too much. Test and see what they do to you.
As you lower your levels you may find you can tolerate more carbs
I have 3 or 4 cherry ones about once a fortnight.
Lots of carb values and great meal ideas on dietdoctor.com
Thanks that’s great I will have a look on diet doctor

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Recommend a podcast by Megan Ramos ( colleague of Jason Fung) interviewed by Cynthia Thurlow about fasting and women listened to last night
https://cynthiathurlow.com/188/
I also identified with the comment from Megan re a common problem was that,although low carb, cheese and nuts are very easy to overeat!
Lunch left over frittata with nuts followed by yoghurt and a few raspberries and three 85% chocolate batons
Dinner Indian chicken with salads followed by a lc chocolate brownie warmed and served with yoghurt.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast and straight to a quite vigorous exercise class
L: 3 ham and gouda roll ups, yoghurt, seeds and blueberries, some hazelnuts
Dance class
Lc hot chocolate
D: broccoli cheese bake with bacon and chicken. A 10 cal jelly. 2 sqs 85% chocolate

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the podcast link @shelley262 I definitely identify with the issues surrounding cheese and nuts!
Didn’t have time for breakfast today, so first meal was-
L- h/m scotch egg and salad
Mid aft DGF lemon and white chocolate cookie. Dennis got hold of the wrapper but a quick call to DGF reassured me there were no harmful ingredients in it ( the choc chip cookies contain xylitol). Brilliant company!
D- another DD recipe which sounded odd but tasted good: Spicy Keto chicken casserole with blue cheese. Had some Brie and seedy crackers afterwards ( yes! cheese is definitely easy to overeat for me).

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm trying to work out if 100g cream cheese, 100g mozzarella, 30g cheddar and 15g gruyere is too much, but it did serve 3 of us.
Will try for a cheese free day tomorrow.
Having a day out in the Big City so anything could happen for lunch...and may pass a Hotel Chocolat and a Nandos!!! This Country Bumpkin is getting quite excited

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar
Dinner: Balti chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

mouseee

I have managed a day of good eating compared with recently.
Tea and coffee during the morning.
Lunch - left over bolognaise with green beans.
Dinner - chicken with salad and coleslaw. Didn't work out carbs but low.
Snacks were a few Wicked cashews which are cocao and chia seeds covered. They are 7.2 g carbs for a quarter of the bag and I had a few, not a quarter.
Also... avoided all biscuits and chocolate at work which is a big win. And didn't grab something sweet to eat after dinner. So double win.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and fried up leftover veggies for breakfast.
No smoko again, just cordial.
Chicken legs done in Nando's spicy marinade, salad for lunch.
Toasted ham and cheese sandwiches for supper at six.

Things are looking slim with our Woolies online shopping this week, lot of stuff is out of stock or
unavailable. Was trying to get our Friday 9:00 - 12:00 am delivery window back, instead of Saturday.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same as yesterday, stamppot andijvie, as I made enough for three days. :hungry:

Also made a new batch of marmite nuts, and again burned them.
No more marmite nuts until I have a new oven thermometer, this is getting too expensive.

But I also made a new batch of chocolaty nut squares, so a yummy midnight snack is in my very near future!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Chocolaty nut squares??? Please elaborate... :)
Melt 100 gr of very dark chocolate (85-95% cocoa) with 60 gr of butter and 60 gr of nut butter au bain marie.
Add spices as preferred. I like powdered ginger, chilli powder and powdered cloves.
Add nuts of choice, a lot. Made my current batch with walnuts and almond butter, but you can use any nut butter and all nuts of course.
Put in a shallow container with a baking sheet to set.

Try to find the perfect moment to cut into squares: too early and they'll stick together again, too late and a lot of pieces will fall off.
I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze in small amounts :)

Reactions: maglil55

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carrot and Coriander soup is low and filling
Hello, @Dawny9 . Do you make your own soup? I made what is known in our house as ‘salvage soup’ today. The vegetables we have in the fridge that have been there almost a week.
Breakfast Fage full fat yogurt with raspberries, black coffee
Lunch salvage soup with stilton, black coffee
Dinner mushroom omelette, sparkling water

mouseee

Melt 100 gr of very dark chocolate (85-95% cocoa) with 60 gr of butter and 60 gr of nut butter au bain marie.
Add spices as preferred. I like powdered ginger, chilli powder and powdered cloves.
Add nuts of choice, a lot. Made my current batch with walnuts and almond butter, but you can use any nut butter and all nuts of course.
Put in a shallow container with a baking sheet to set.

Try to find the perfect moment to cut into squares: too early and they'll stick together again, too late and a lot of pieces will fall off.
I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze in small amounts :)
Could maybe be my saviour snack....

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Very odd today. Had bacon and scrambled egg on half a slice of wholemeal toast for breakfast. Very poor night's sleep again so I kind of expected BG to be high but for some reason it keeps dropping into the 3's. Just (1.45) had to grab a bag of crisps to try to bring it up to the 4's if I can. I'd better have a second meal today so it will have to be a cassoulet - that's what I have the ingredients for. Trouble is, getting around to making it. Still very sore and aching (even more new pains today) so actually doing anything is a chore. I guess it's not migraine, after all; it doesn't usually cause pains in the bones as well. So it's probably just some mild infection which will pass. But these little infections usually cause a rise in BG, not a drop.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch hm lc soup with hm lc roll followed by yoghurt and a few raspberries, a few walnuts and pumpkin seeds and three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner meatballs in hm passatta and 10g of low carb protein pasta with small glass of red wine followed by lc crumble and cream

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of days to catch up on.

Two OMAD days.

Yesterday was 2 small lamb chops, 2 Waitrose 1 free range Cumberland sausages (0.7g carbs/100g), 2 rashers bacon and 2 fried eggs.
Today was beef short ribs cooked in the Instant Pot.

D4A5768F-9F49-450C-A74A-5119FD838885.jpeg 84F80FF3-06E0-4397-A593-20A1FBCC2EC0.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- fried eggs with Emmental and wilted spinach.
L- SLC roll filled with beef and blue cheese.
Daughter made me a traditional Indian style chai when I got in from a busy morning, using 0carb plant based milk ( can’t remember which), whole spices and erythritol. It was incredibly sweet but, I found I got used to it very quickly which is quite scary. It must have triggered things as I then went on to eat chocolate (85%) nuts and almond butter. Will have to turn down the offer next time sadly.
D- Salmon in lemon butter with a motley selection of tray baked veg, all past their best. DGF brownie and cream.

mouseee

I have almost succeeded with 'perfect' eating... by which I mean I haven't grabbed the carby snacks.

Coffee and tea all morning, left over bolgnaise for lunch - the pile of little boxes for lunches has now gone.
Actually - exactly the same food as yesterday as I had chicken, salad and coleslaw again.
I confess to one spoonful of apple crumble but it didn't lead to any more and I don't want anymore. So that's a positive day.