What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had trouble getting to sleep last night, then woke early too so ended up with a 6 am breakfast of ff greek seeds and berries.
A trian ride to the big city!!!
L: a Five guys burger in lettuce wrap with mushrooms and pickles Yum! Food I hadn't cooked myself (or bought the ingredients for) a few, very few of hubbys cajun fries
D: 1 bratwurst sausage with Brussels, green beans and celeriac wedges. 6 hazelnuts chopped with 1 sq 85% and ff yog topped with cream. 2 glasses white wine.

Just as well I don't live in a city, I'd have trouble resisting all the easy food on offer. Happy to stay a mud bound country bumpkin , most of the time!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm way behind again. I'll try to catch up as quickly as possible. Sunday 2 January - bed 9 FBG 6.2 - BGs are all over the place but turns out Hubby & I had covid as well! Hubby just had an annoying tickly cough (as did I) and I still have a stuffy nose. Youngest grandson has it as well so he won't be back to school on Wednesday. I'm clear now apart from the stuffy nose.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D usual campari and soda Gammon joint I glazed with orange, mustard and Monk fruit with cauliflower cheese & a green mix of broccoli/beans/peas. Raspberries & a dash of cream.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 3 January - bed 8.9 FBG 7.2. Last 2 days of school holidays. Eldest grandson (now covid free) spent the day at ours building the Lego Death Star.

B. TAG
L. 3 M&S crackers with whipped cheese
D. Remains of yesterday's gammon with tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, mini mozzarella. DGF Christmas pie with cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: pork and apple stuffed chicken with Brussels, green beans and broccoli followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No breakfast
Lunch at 2:30pm decaff coffee made with coconut milk, slice of cheddar
Dinner: cauliflower rice with creamy chicken curry, low sugar tonic water.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m exactly the same with almond butter! Once opened I have to finish it, it’s seriously addictive. I try not to buy it but it sometimes appears mysteriously in my trolley.
I'm so glad I loath all nut butters.

Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, three egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes, button mushrooms for breakfast.
No smoko again, just the lemon cordial mix.
Beef sausages and mashed pumpkin, green veggies with a diced up raw onion mixed in, gravy for lunch.
Cheddar cheese on low carb toast for supper at six.

My new mobile has been dropping out again, getting sick of ALDI Mobile, so have ordered a new sim carb with another telco and I will port my old number across to the new service when it arrives.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4 January - bed 9 FBG 7.8. Grandson back on day 2 of death star building.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L Nothing
D. I did a DD dish. Sesame salmon fillet with stir fried cabbage which I curried. Curried cabbage was rather nice. I added some chilli to the sesame salmon and was served with lime mayo. A gin & tonic for last day of holidays.

5 January - bed 9 FBG 7.8

B. JUST TAG - Back on the school run.
L. 3 M&S crackers with port salon, wensleydale with cranberries.
D. 3 egg omelette with tomato, pancetta and mushrooms. 1 Quality Street - horribly sweet!

Bit of a disagreement with school as they thought eldest grandson shouldn't be at school with his brother still positive. Had to point out they were quoting old guidance. I have some sympathy as it's been made so complicated here it is easy to get confused. They thought everyone's isolation restarted when youngest tested positive but that would be ridiculous. Eldest had no fever, no symptoms and 2 negative LFT. Youngest is going stir crazy!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: pork and apple stuffed chicken with Brussels, green beans and broccoli followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

I like the sound of your dinner, do you have a recipe for the chicken or did you just make it up?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the sound of your dinner, do you have a recipe for the chicken or did you just make it up?
Sorry Mr Waitrose made it for me, I just cooked it! 3.2g of carbs per half pack, hubby had the other half.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I didn't do the cassoulet after all. Found a quarter of a savoy cabbage to use up so made it sausage and cabbage kind of carbonara with some little bits of salvageable carrot also found in a box in the fridge.

Cooked the rest of the sausages in the pack ready to go into the cassoulet that I will make eventually. Also poached a chicken ready for making into other dishes and to provide a pot of stock. Also baked off some haddock which had to be used and will do something with that soon as well. Maybe today. Maybe not - depends how I feel.

We have a man coming today to service the oil boiler. He called off the last time because the weather was so foul so I hope he does come today although it is pretty wet and windy out there today - our boiler is outside at the back of the house.

Breakfast today: a cheese sandwich using Dairylea and 2 half slices wholemeal bread so about 20 g carbs so far.

2nd meal: still some of the cabbage left. Might just add some cheese to that, maybe with some cream.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve managed to stick to my regular low carb way of eating - fasting 18 hours, eating 6 hours, my usual way of managing my health but must admit I found it more challenging today - the cold? Caring challenges? January? As result I’m now thinking I’m going to have a few three meal days with shorter fasts over next few days - it’s also good to change things round a bit I believe.
Lunch - just got to one o clock but very hungry- celeriac soup with one hm lc roll followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries then a bout of snacking with nuts, seeds and four squares of 90% chocolate!
Dinner two lamb loin chops and salad with small glass of red wine followed by lc blondie with cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

An unintentional 26 hour fast preceded a large birthday lunch at a local Turkish restaurant. Polished off this plate of food very easily indeed! On the plate is a quail, chicken shish pieces, a lamb shish piece, chicken wings, kofte, a lamb rib and a lamb chop. Yum.

And the waiter thought it highly amusing that we wanted tea before and during the meal - we were cold!

A730168C-80D8-4BBB-B458-94FC0F1EB4C8.jpeg
E26C01AE-4EE6-48BB-9190-243C8B9486AE.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Birthday @Goonergal, your meal looks lovely.
Late morning: black coffee and a chocolate and orange PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Dinner: fry up! Bacon, eggs and mushrooms followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

mouseee

Happy birthday @Goonergal!!

Managed another day on track.

Team and coffee in the morning
Lunch - scrambled egg and a low carb roll. Realised we have a microwave I'm our staff room and I had eggs! It was nice. The rolls are good but not the same as 'real' ones but I'll cope.
Dinner - roast chicken, roast cauli and brocolli. I had one tiny new potato and made sure the rest were piled on my husband's plate so I wouldn't eat them. No leftovers to be tempted by then.

I'm about to eat a satsuma and drink camomile tea.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
B - Corned beef 1 piece and handful of lettuce
L - Mushroom soup (Sainsburys) I added extra mushroom, sliced chicken and a dash of cream (Yum)
D - Gammon with salad. 3 huge strawberries.
Blood Glucose2 hrs after dinner 6.1 :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another bad night's sleep followed by a busy stressful day. Hate to think what my levels are doing but my fasting bg was 5.2 which is the best for ages. Go figure!

No breakfast just a caffeinated coffee with cream.
L: 1 bratwurst sausage in scrambled egg
Mid afternoon 2 seedy crackers with pate
Dancing means a later than usual dinner. 2 heck 97% with celeriac mash, broccoli and carrots. 1 spoon of cream cheese to melt over. 1 scoop icecream