What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; raw gorilla l/c granola, one slice carbzone rye bread with butter
mocha
Lunch: asparagus and jarlsberg cheese wrapped in serrano ham and lightly fried in 1/2 tblsp of olive oil, a poached egg. SLC not cross bun
Dinner: poussin with veg and home made gravy, blackberries and cream.
one square of 90% lindt

Attachments

• 20220119_120718.jpg
    20220119_120718.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220119_120530.jpg
    20220119_120530.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220119_110218.jpg
    20220119_110218.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 114

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 2 rashers streaky bacon and one fried egg.
Em had her breakfast here as well - both parents had to start work early today so she came here at 7.30 this morning. She also had 2 rashers and a fried egg. That should have kept her going until the morning break, for which she had a red bell pepper. For lunch I daresay she will have a cheese and ham wrap - her favourite school lunch.

2nd meal will be lamb chops, pan fried. Might have some cauliflower florets with them.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Em's back in after school, had her ice cream and then wanted some more bacon and egg! Fine. She's currently lounging on my bed with my tablet, giggling at some daft thing she's watching. Her mum or dad should be here soon to take her home. Hope she's hungry by dinner time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tori71 those asparagus spears look great.
Today’s food-
B- 2 egg cheese omelette with bacon ( same ingredients as the meal plan egg cups but in a different format)
L- Cobb salad.
D- DD Quick Keto curry bowl with a fried egg on top, I couldn’t be bothered to make cauli rice.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad the chicken burger was tasty. I was unsure about making it so swapped it last week, I don’t know why I find the thought of chicken mince not as appetising as red meat mince. Perhaps I’ll give them a go if you recommend it, but get someone else to make them.
Chicken mince looks weird. I had it seasoned with salt, black pepper, oregano, chilli, and garlic powder. 1 egg, chopped spring onion and.......parmesan! It was too wet so the parmesan took care of it. I would recommend making it into 2 burgers as it cooks better. I cooked them in butter. 2 burgers is a lot, though with them both wrapped in lettuce with crispy bacon and avocado.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; raw gorilla l/c granola, one slice carbzone rye bread with butter
mocha
Lunch: asparagus and jarlsberg cheese wrapped in serrano ham and lightly fried in 1/2 tblsp of olive oil, a poached egg. SLC not cross bun
Dinner: poussin with veg and home made gravy, blackberries and cream.
one square of 90% lindt
Now that is a perfectly poached egg! Well done.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tori71 wow your lunch looks amazing - lovely menu yum
Unplanned 20 hour fast for me today - just had to go out quicker than expected so just concentrated on getting dinner into slow cooker to look forward to. So it’s been a 20/4 day
3pm four m and s seed crackers with tuna and 20g of mixed nuts
5pm dinner venison meatballs slow cooked with hm lc passata and small amount of pre cooked, chilled and then reheated lc high protein pasta (just 15g) served with glass of red wine followed by lc brownie warmed and served with cream. Just having decaff coffee with one square of 90% chocolate.then , as usual, a fast- only weak black tea or water until first meal tomorrow probably lunch at 1.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Tori71 those asparagus spears look great.
Today’s food-
B- 2 egg cheese omelette with bacon ( same ingredients as the meal plan egg cups but in a different format)
L- Cobb salad.
D- DD Quick Keto curry bowl with a fried egg on top, I couldn’t be bothered to make cauli rice.
I'm on the same day as you but I've adapted the quick curry bowl. Will explain later. My niece has a part in Corrie tonight (7.30). She's the reporter interviewing Chesney. Her Hubby has been in it 3 times in different roles so she has a bit of catching up on the Corrie stakes

Reactions: Antje77 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on the same day as you but I've adapted the quick curry bowl. Will explain later. My niece has a part in Corrie tonight (7.30). She's the reporter interviewing Chesney. Her Hubby has been in it 3 times in different roles so she has a bit of catching up on the Corrie stakes

That’s exciting! I don’t watch it these days ( I used to be completely addicted) and didn’t see your post in time to catch tonight’s episode.
I really liked the curry bowl, really simple as usual. Paul thought the fried egg addition was a real treat.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: salmon fillets rubbed with Knorr fish seasoning and Rosemary baked in foil with Brussels, broccoli and a couple of small bites of carrot followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That granola looks interesting. I see that Amazon have it but it is a bit pricey. I think I'll order some and see what it's like.

I made the stuffed aubergine dish tonight and it is all done and ready to eat and, somehow, I don't feel like eating. Must have left it too long after breakfast again and stomach has got used to having nothing in it so is rebelling at the thought. I'll have some fruit tea and see if that settles me down. On such occasions as this, I should have something like the granola to hand.
I just kept the Aubergine to the next day I just delayed the last drizzle of olive oil and the grated/shaved parmesan. Keeps fine in the fridge.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.7 FBG 6.9 - YAY!! Finally heading back in the right direction. Like you @DJC3 I amended the breakfast.

B. TAG and the muffin cups became a 2 egg omelette with ham and cheese. Same ingredients but easier and tasty.
L. Skipped lunch but I did have a drink of coconut milk.
D I really wasn't sure about curried mince so, as I said earlier, I adapted it. Boys were eating here too so they had great fun. It was roughly the same except curry became chilli! Coconut cream became sour cream, red peppers into the chilli, some grated cheese with kettuce/avocado/tomato and Hubby came up with the bright idea of me using a lo-dough for a tortilla.
Hubby and grandsons had tortilla pockets which the boys had great fun with filling with rice, chilli, lettuce, cheese all sorts of bits!

I succumbed! I'm enjoying a gin & soda.
20220119_190157.jpg

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and berries
Shopping for errand type bits (new jug, frying pan etc) meant a late lunch
L: Leftover cold pork, 20g blue cheese, a small avocado. 2 sqs 100% chocolate chopped into cream
D: steak in a cream brandy and mustard sauce, broccoli and cabbage. Scoop ice cream.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Full fat Fage yogurt, pumpkin seeds, black coffee
Lunch: (hungry after heavy water workout session an hour and a half), salmon, lemon mayonnaise, cucumber , red pepper, radish, decaff black coffee
Mid afternoon, decaff black coffee.
Dinner: baked chicken breast, roast meditteranean veg, sugar free tonic water with slice of lemon.
Probably have a small glass of no added sugar coconut milk before bed.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been sidetracked the last few days so did not post here.

Yesterday Wednesday.

Two slices low carb toast and vegimite, three hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
Two cold Mexican sausages, lemon cordial mix for smoko.
Grilled coral reef fish fillets and mixed salad for lunch.
Ham, cheese and salad low carb wrap for supper at six.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just kept the Aubergine to the next day I just delayed the last drizzle of olive oil and the grated/shaved parmesan. Keeps fine in the fridge.

I did have it after all. It had cooled down a bit and the parmesan had hardened a bit, but it was still perfectly edible. Really enjoyed the filling though and will make it again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.7 FBG 6.9 - YAY!! Finally heading back in the right direction. Like you @DJC3 I amended the breakfast.

B. TAG and the muffin cups became a 2 egg omelette with ham and cheese. Same ingredients but easier and tasty.
L. Skipped lunch but I did have a drink of coconut milk.
D I really wasn't sure about curried mince so, as I said earlier, I adapted it. Boys were eating here too so they had great fun. It was roughly the same except curry became chilli! Coconut cream became sour cream, red peppers into the chilli, some grated cheese with kettuce/avocado/tomato and Hubby came up with the bright idea of me using a lo-dough for a tortilla.
Hubby and grandsons had tortilla pockets which the boys had great fun with filling with rice, chilli, lettuce, cheese all sorts of bits!

I succumbed! I'm enjoying a gin & soda.View attachment 52956

That looks really appetising! I wasn’t sure about the curry recipe either but I liked it. I took a photo but it didn’t look as appetising and colourful as yours, especially with the fried egg top.
Ps enjoy the gin. I shall have a nightcap too in a minute.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bought some very cute peppers on discount! :)
Filled three of them with a loose interpretation of the keto tuna melt muffin things, ate two, put one in the fridge.

Used tuna, onion, overripe camembert, some grated very hard Dutch cheese, crème frâiche, mayonnaise and eggs, and put some stinky Muenster cheese on top, which makes it look very pretty.
Seasoned with green peppercorns, the green chives like stalks growing out of two forgotten heads of garlic (tasty!) and black pepper, added paprika and black pepper on top for looks.

The green peppercorns were useless. I love the flavour, but chances of hitting them with that one functional molar in the back are close to zero, and you won't taste them unless you bite them. I think I got only one peppercorn.
Slowly building up courage to get some more plastic in my mouth. My top dentures work just fine, but I still have a nice row of 8 teeth at the front on the bottom, plus that one molar in the back, so it wasn't really a priority. Still, once there's more to chew with I'm going to use so many sesame seeds in my food, I love them too, but always miss them when chewing! :D

272131996_10224970358280518_5017137469273823207_n.jpg

Last edited: