What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

RosemaryJackson

Hello. Thank you Shelley262 and DJC. It's actually all of you that are keeping me on track! I really wouldn't be where I am if I hadn't joined this forum. I'm happy to say my morning bg was 6.1. My bf was half a hm lc roll with the rest of the egg mayo with cress on top. My dinner was 2 Bratwurst, 2 bacon (it tasted much better after just boiling it as someone on here said) 1 egg and 1 fried tomato. My sweet was 3 squares of 70% raspberry and hazelnut choc. Altogether30.1g carbs. And my bedtime bg 6.6. At 83 I should be cool, calm and collected but I am so excited to be in control for the first time!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The sandwich made me laugh it sounds like one of Letitia Cropley’s (from the vicar of Dibley)
That tagine is certainly serving you well.

Em likes to experiment with food, combining unlikely things to see if the whole is better than the sum of the parts. I think experimentation is a good thing so encourage her (unless it is so outlandish that it would be dangerous). She'll grow up to be the same kind of cook as me - as Neil and her dad. We're all experimental cooks. And like Em, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, two slices of low carb toast with a small portion of musical fruit on them for breakfast.
Cold chicken leg, lemon cordial / osmolax mix.
Grilled whiting fillets, mixed salad, green jelly with a spoonful of lemon lime sorbet on it for lunch.
Cold meat and leftover salad in low carb wraps for supper at six.

Changed our online delivery date to today (thurs) to try, and dodge the out of stock we have been getting. so far no texts saying "there is a problem with your order".

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
"Musical fruit on toast"?
What's that about, @Riva_Roxaban ?

Also, I'm tagging you too often late at night when I'm on my phone. If I start typing your name, predictive text shows me 'Riv', 'River' and 'Riva_Roxaban' after typing the first three letters. :hilarious:
I guess I'll make up with more midnight snacks than usual later tonight.
So far I've had peanuts, cashews, pork scratchings with aioli and a very small piece of chocolaty nut squares in bed.
Pretty sure I'll have a couple more of those before turning off the light. :hungry:

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: DJC3

RosemaryJackson

Hello. Bg 6.7 this morning. Skipped bf just wasn't hungry. Had 2 squares of raspberry and Hazelnut 70% chocolate. I love that. Had it with an Actimel. Dinner was a Pork steak with cauliflower and Broccoli with gravy. Eating wise, it was a funny old day. Have only lost 2lbs since I started low carb on 9th January. Bit disappointed but I think I was eating too much, so we will see.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D05184E1-5D47-4E8B-911A-26A8DF7F8DAF.jpeg

Three meals today
Breakfast two boiled eggs with hm lc roll
Lunch four seeded lc crackers with small piece of gambazola cheese and three dark orange cherry plum tomatoes followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries ( listened to latest Fat Emperor podcast yesterday about gut bacteria and as a result I bought some live bacteria lactobacillus Reuteri and added it to my Fage yoghurt to widen the friendly bacteria content - not sure how will work but going to continue adding for a while! He also suggested another one that’s missing a gastride but trying this first!)it’s a podcast by Dr William Davis a US cardiologist who has challenges to keto and feels gut bacteria is where it’s at! I found it worth a listen but there again I am a bit of a gut bacteria advocate which is one of reasons I try to fast 16/18 hours as that’s helpful to gut bacteria too. If interested search fat emperor or go to You Tube:

Dinner see photo - venison steaks wrapped in Parma ham pan fried 5 mins each side and then rested in oven, mushroom sauce using meat juices in frying pan, blob of butter to fry the mushroom and dash of double cream and pepper, green beans and cauliflower mash. Also had small glass of red wine and then pudding one small warmed LC ginger cake served with more of my adapted yoghurt!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two meals today.
Brunch: bacon and eggs
Not really lunch: 1 square 90% chocolate.
Dinner - Loin of venison. Fried 2 mins a side then put into hot oven 10 mins then rested 15 mins. SO nice. It was rare and very tender. Served with buttered cavolo nero, mushrooms and green beans. Made a sauce with meat juice & red wine. Added the rest of the black currant jam to Paul’s.
IMG_1643916855.346299.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with Brussels and broccoli followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10:30 (brunch?) 2 soft boiled eggs with soldiers from hm lc cheesy soda bread and half an avocado. 4 hm Cheese crisps. Coffee with cream
Afternoon, Long dog walk with a friend
18:00 tried a new Zumba class. Was fun and although I got warm and heart rate up was so pleased that I was so obviously fitter that last time I tried, and more so than the other new starters - by a long way
19:30 lettuce cups filled with coleslaw, cucumber and salmon and mayonnaise. 1 scoop ice cream, 1 sq 85%
Today was a total change from usual routine of exercise in the morning so will be interested to see fbg tomorrow

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I got the new kitchen storage (with some complicated adjustments taking a lot of time) in place, and all my unnecessary stuff back in, organised and all!

Which meant I finally had my countertop back to use, so I cut an onion, some mushrooms, bit of bell pepper, fried them with a burger and served on a bed of cucumber and raw endive by way of lettuce. :)

While my new kitchen storage might look very cheap, it's just what I needed, so being very cheap only makes it better!
And it's new. I don't think I've ever owned any new furniture, apart from a couple more of these for books in the spare bedroom. So that's a true novelty too!

The dishwasher is still a dummy for size at this point, as it isn't yet attached to either water or drain, and I have no idea if it works. I'll have to get neighbour-in-my-garden to install a new tap. A fairly easy job, as my washing machine is right at the other side of the wall. But as I don't expect it will be a paid job, I'll have to wait until he finds the time, which won't be for at least a week.
The dishwasher was given to me by someone who had a spare washing machine for my friend. My friend doesn't drive, so I went with her to pick it up. And then we were given the dishwasher as well, to make room in the previous owner's shed.
We'll see!

upload_2022-2-3_23-4-31.png

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast.
No smoko, lemon cordial with osomolax.
Beef sausages, mashed pumpkin and other green veggies with half a raw onion cut up fine mixed in fot lunch.
JO fish cakes, pineapple jelly for supper at six.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a toasted slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; bacon, mushrooms and egg in a SLC bun. protein bar
dinner; shredded beef, carrots, petit pois, small roastie, homemade beef gravy. half a DGF orange brownie* and berries with cream.a packet of low carb crisp alternative things whilst watching the apprentice!

*other half eaten by hubby

two squares 90% lindt