What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That menagerie of yours should clean that pot of soup up for you, so not really a waste. :banghead:
They did eat about half of the leftovers in my bowl but weren't very enthousiastic. I'm afraid they won't be willing to finish the whole pot, they're only very small dogs and it's a large pot.

273352323_10225054315299391_2500468146567613301_n.jpg

RosemaryJackson

Thanks Shelley262, I'm gradually learning!!! Mrs A2, I couldn't taste them either, but at least it was crunchy! I also bought the salted caramel and I really like that

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Cold boiled egg with a splash of salt, lemon cordial / osmolax mix for smoko.
Lamb fore quarter chops, green veggies, gravy, pineapple jelly for lunch.
Toasted low carb cheese and onion sandwiches for supper at six.

Half dozen pepper crackers and Danish Blue cheese on them, watching Borat's American Lockdown & Debunking Borat tv series on Prime Video.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very true, I’d almost given up buying them, I had to throw so many out. Then just when you give up hope you get a perfect one and all is forgiven!
I buy them frozen. It solved the problem of trying to ascertain optimum time to eat them.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast : Fage yogurt, pumpkin seeds, black coffee
Lunch salmon, olives, mayonnaise, black coffee
Dinner: ham and mushroom omelette, green beans, mineral water.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
morning bg 6.3. Bf. ff greek yog with blueberries. L. Sausages,eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. D. Rest of the breast of lamb with veg and mushroom sauce. With any luck that will be under 30g carbs today.
@RosemaryJackson Sounds great! Assuming the Greek yoghurt is not the 0% fat sort, you are consuming fat alongside the blueberries, mushrooms and other veg, so getting the full benefit of all the goodies in them. You are also getting protein in all 3 meals, which you likely realise as well as I do is very important, the more so the older we get. From the point of view of general well-being, I wonder if you could add in some hard cheese to increase your calcium intake? We are lucky enough in the UK to have a choice of cheeses with a high calcium content and very low or even zero carbs (do check the labels). To my shocked horror I have recently been diagnosed with osteopoenia, which is to osteoporosis rather as pre-diabetes is to diabetes, so I am being attentive to my calcium vitamin D3 and vitamin K3 intake.
For your fbg, are you able to stop eating 4 hours before bed? Highly inconvenient, I know, but may make a difference. This morning I got the worst fbg I've had in ages, following on from eating some almost carb-free Cheddar not long before bed.

RosemaryJackson

@Alexandra100. Yes, it's full fat yogurt, It's Lidls and very creamy. I do have hard cheese and today have bought some babybels as a snack. Let's hope the vitamins you are now taking , help. I haven't heard of K3! I take cod liver oil, vitamin D3, Magnesium and B12 once or twice a week. I take the Magnesium because I get night cramps and they do help. I don't eat anything after my last meal which is between 5 and 6.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't eat anything after my last meal which is between 5 and 6.
@RosemaryJackson, well done indeed, you are doing so much for your health, and so well researched. Correction: I wrote K3 when it's K2 (with K2 : 7 supposedly the best). You can read about it here:
https://blogs.webmd.com/from-our-ar...m-in-your-bones-and-out-of-your-blood-vessels
I also watched a video by Dr Barry where he states that collagen is more important than calcium for avoiding osteoporosis:
However Dr Barry is a bit far out for me. I have bought some high quality collagen, which is definitely helping my constipation, but of course I can't tell about my bones. He suggests eating egg shells, which I am NOT doing.
Now maybe YOU are sorry you asked!

Reactions: Speedbird

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Alexandra100. Yes, it's full fat yogurt, It's Lidls and very creamy. I do have hard cheese and today have bought some babybels as a snack. Let's hope the vitamins you are now taking , help. I haven't heard of K3! I take cod liver oil, vitamin D3, Magnesium and B12 once or twice a week. I take the Magnesium because I get night cramps and they do help. I don't eat anything after my last meal which is between 5 and 6.
Agree with @Alexandra100 you need K2 to help you absorb the vit D3 I take K2 MK-7 which is recommended as @Alexandra100 has posted.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Bit behind. 2 meals today. Breakfast of 0% Fage, cream and raspberries.
Dinner of home made burger, 2 lamb chops, smoked streaky bacon and a fried egg.
May have had a sneaky 75% chocolate ice cream at Venchi’s in Richmond on my way home from Richmond Park.

F621BC19-EC37-413A-8D99-AEE3FDCE414C.jpeg

As an aside @shelley262 and @Alexandra100 as well as K2, magnesium is a co-factor for vitamin d3 absorption. I follow a D3 protocol which recommends that soft gels which contain only k2 and d3 alongside extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil are used, and that they be taken with a meal containing at least 14g fat as they are fat soluble.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Speedbird thanks for that recommend - that company looks interesting plus they sell a magnesium type I’ve never tried - thought I’d had most but not threonate that they sell - plus you can get a sample pack fairly cheaply @Goonergal have you ever tried that one?im on magnesium citrate in am and bisglycinate in evening.
edit interesting article here
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/magnesium-threonate
Knew about need to take D3 and K2 alongside fat but hadn’t seen the soft gel combinations will look out when run out of supplies next. Supplements are not cheap but important to get them right if investing in them. @Speedbird i take D and K all year because of our northern climes - don’t feel we get enough sun for enough days in the year to make enough of our own.
Anyway back to the food today:
Breakfast one each of Hilo lc bread toasted,bacon rasher and egg
Lunch four lc seeded crackers with beetroot kimchi and a tin of sardine fillets in lemon and olive oil and two black cherry tomatoes followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries
Mid afternoon sipped my green clove tea I made it in the morning and let it sit and it was quite strong! Think will make and drink straight away next time.
Dinner chicken curry with cauliflower rice, Corriander and mint raita as well as two gins with soda water followed by a lc ginger cake warmed with more yoghurt.
My fermenting jars arrived today so plans afoot for later in week to start off some fermented veg although they take a while before ready so will need to buy the expensive live ones for sale for now!

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
All this talk of vitamin D and K has me somewhat confused. (Likely because I've never really looked into it, it's not a subject which has my natural interest, much like lipids.)
I used to have a vitamin D deficiency, got prescribed supplements, don't have a deficiency anymore. So why would it need something else if supplementing the D works?

Had snow peas with butter and salt and pork belly strips tonight. :hungry:

I was sure I'd finished my chocolaty nut squares but hadn't found the inspiration to make a new batch yet. But while rummaging in the freezer for the pork belly strips I found a hidden bag, lucky me!