What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the thread @markpj31

Two meals for me today, but I won’t call it TMAD as inbetween there was far too much Lindt 90% and cream consumed!

Meal 1 was sirloin steak (a yellow sticker affair from Waitrose) and one fried egg.
Meal 2 was my version of corned beef hash/bubble ‘n’ squeak - corned beef fried with onions and cabbage leftover from a few days ago.

84D0481B-4B19-4023-A0FD-B5D09E0DC2E5.jpg

Mezza n

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: chicken and ham salad followed by DGF chocolate brownie and cream.

Edit for typo

@Rachox Hi do you have a recipe for your coconut porridge... I miss porridge xx

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Em had her halloumi fries for breakfast but I didn't have anything - even forgot to take pills and basal dose of insulin. I remembered the pills etc eventually but didn't bother eating. At lunchtime Em decided she wanted some melty American cheese on toast, so I decided to join her and made a slice for each of us, then she changed her mind and asked just for the cheese melted and no toast. I was good and only had the one slice and put the 2nd one in the compost bin. I don't feel like eating anything else today but if I should feel hungry later, I still have some of the biryani and all of the baked beans in the fridge. Still feeling pretty full though, so maybe not.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Started eating with Late lunch - had to go out early -
Five lc m and s seeded crackers with a few nuts, a spoon of fermented artichoke hearts and peppers and hm chicken liver pate followed by a few berries and spoon each of my two different hm yoghurts and three squares of 100% chocolate
Mid pm unplanned lc choc chip cookie from freezer - unfortunately they are lovely and crunchy frozen!
Dinner roast chicken dinner with veggies including English asparagus (yay nothing like it), cauliflower mash and a few organic carrots (funny how naughty you can feel having a few carrots after nearly 5 years of eating low carb - they taste nicely sweet!) and glass of dry white wine followed by lc chocolate brownie warmed and served with hm yoghurt.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday b3d 7 FBG 6.8. Managed the school run today but mainly just to get some exercise. Still not 100% but I managed and itvis a half day.

B. TAG and 3 M&S crispy cheese crackers with egg.

L Nothing but later had a bit of a snack! Well a kind of ongoing snack. Pack of M&S Serrano ham crisps, DGF lemon cookie and a DGF Ginger Kiss.

D. Had the other salmon fillet and remains of the prawns from yesterday. Made more Marie Rose. Also 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, mozzarella pearls and santini tomatoes.
1 large M&S plum.

Really hungry today. Hoping it's a good sign.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A Sunday treat of a lie in with a novel, and ff greek with seeds and blueberries
L: brie, and a bit more brie
D: turkey and gammon, buttered leeks, carrots, green beans, spicy roast cauliflower. The NDs had roast potatoes. Pud was 1 profiterole witha small scoop proper icecream.
2 glasses dry rose

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I put half of the stew I made in the freezer for later, and added a pack of sauerkraut, cream cheese (didn't have any cream or sour cream) and lots of paprika to the other half. Very tasty, and enough for two more days. :hungry:
It also turned the meal from rather expensive per portion because of the meat and the red wine (although I used the cheapest wine) to very cheap per portion, doubling the amount by adding very cheap foods like cream cheese (65 cents I think) and sauerkraut (some 60 cents a package).

I'll add some tomato paste tomorrow, if only for colour. No picture today, made the mistake of using my dark brown plate and also had a lot of it end up on the edges of the plate while walking the stairs with it.
Should look better tomorrow, with added tomato paste and on a different colour plate! :hilarious:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 7 1 FBG 7 4. On the run for jujitsu today plus getting Hubby to football and back so, got very little else done.

B TAG & 3 M&S Wheaten crackers with whipped cheese.

L. Couple of lamb kofta and a chicken drumstick.

D. Pork chop, slice of GF Black pudding, santini tomatoes, mushrooms & wilted spinach.
I also got through a bottle of chilled coconut milk (sugar free) and, MrsA2, I succumbed to my second mini bar of Guylan Dark Raspberry. Why is that always the one that sells out at Lidl?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, two slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
No smoko, just lemon cordial / osmolax mix to help keep me regular.
Steak and mixed salad, low sugar red jelly for lunch.
Fish cakes, leftover salad for supper at six.

Glass of single malt whiskey listening to the ABC jazz stream in bed, early night called. Slept like a log with my pain killers.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today Bed & FBG both 6.8 but BGs been a bit all over the place as I'm still not 100%.

B TAG and a cooked breakfast today, 2 slices of back bacon, 2 slices GF Black pudding, fried egg and santini tomatoes.

L. Nothing

D. Campari and soda. M&S Rope grown mussels with white wine and parsley, 3 scallops and celeriac chips.
Raspberries and cream.

Stew looks good @Antje77

RosemaryJackson

Friday b3d 7 FBG 6.8. Managed the school run today but mainly just to get some exercise. Still not 100% but I managed and itvis a half day.

B. TAG and 3 M&S crispy cheese crackers with egg.

L Nothing but later had a bit of a snack! Well a kind of ongoing snack. Pack of M&S Serrano ham crisps, DGF lemon cookie and a DGF Ginger Kiss.

D. Had the other salmon fillet and remains of the prawns from yesterday. Made more Marie Rose. Also 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, mozzarella pearls and santini tomatoes.
1 large M&S plum.

Really hungry today. Hoping it's a good sign.

so glad you are beginning to feel better

Reactions: maglil55

RosemaryJackson

Morning all on this wet and windy day. It's monday so it's pensioners lunch day so it's a bit like the lottery! It's being sent home for me because I have my Retinopathy 'shoot' today at lunchtime. Tonight it will be egg mayo with cress on buttered Ryvitas. I really enjoy that. Had a 9.1 bedtime reading last night which I don't understand and a 6.9 this morning. Just have to carry on.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had breakfast - one slice of wholemeal toast, one dessertspoon of baked beans and 2 fried eggs. That may well be sufficient for the day, but no promises. Still have the veg biryani in the fridge, should it be required. BG is currently 10.9 and has been rising from 7.4 when I got up at 4.30 am. It will probably drop now that I have had my basal dose and my bolus one.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch will be stir-fry based on liver, kidney, bacon lardons, and various above-ground leafy veg. plus the last of the bean sprouts. I've noticed I'm a touch anaemic so upping the iron in a safe way. Will include a glass of water with vitamin C powder to help iron absorption.

Dinner will be leftovers from yesterday's roast lamb, with aubergine, tomatoes, peppers, the lamb gravy, garlic, turmeric, paprika and herbs various.

Option of cheese if still hungry.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 3rd)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): More black coffee
Lunch (12pm): Restaurant meal of double leg of rotisserie chicken with Caesar salad
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): None
Evening Snack (10pm): None (not even beer!)

Walked 16.35km to bring my YTD total to 425.08km.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back after a few days absence from the site!

Does anyone have a recipe for celeriac dauphinoise please? I'm sure I made one a few years ago, but can't find the recipe anywhere??!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone have a recipe for celeriac dauphinoise please? I'm sure I made one a few years ago, but can't find the recipe anywhere??!
I used the search bar to search for celeriac dauphinoise and ticked the box for 'search this thread only', and you'll likely to get recipes from @maglil55 , @ianpspurs , @Annb and @DJC3 ! :)

Good to see you again!