What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.7 sticky sixes used to taste so good! Nothing for it but keep with programme. @RosemaryJackson hugs for tragic anniversaries, take care of you. @ultradad congrats on your amazing A1c you deserve to bask in the full sun.
Have a good Friday everyone.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you
You are entirely welcome. @ultradad have I missed the A1c? - thanks @PenguinMum - congratulations. @DEBBIESCOTT great fbgs and I'm sure you enjoyed the gym. @RoughcutAU nice run of fbgs. @PenguinMum (and anyone else) hug for this run of higher bg despite doing "all the right things". Absurdly, some people deny that this happens and, perhaps accidentally?, make others feel guilty for not "doing it right" i.e. like them. Stick in there the best way you can for you. . Super Salmon Salad Friday here:woot::woot: Your mileage may vary (SSSF and YMMV from now on). Go Team D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Today I was surprised to find that my Libre2 has decided to bless me with a reading of 4.5 at 7.30 AM.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
New meter didn’t arrive until this afternoon. The unopened box is trying to guilt me into doing a test. Not taking that bait. Early tomorrow is soon enough. My fingers are thanking me.:)

Reactions: Ryhia

RoughcutAU

8.5 this morning. Actually slightly better then expected after last nights carb heavy dinner out ... maybe the pavlova did it. Didn’t want to attempt a before bed (11.1 bgl) correction knowing full well there would probably be insulin on board. Regardless that pavlova was sooooo good.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lurk on this thread but don't post often as I can see no rhyme nor reason to what my fbg is. It ranges from the odd high 4 to mostly 6s and 7s but have just has my yearly hba1c come in at 39, up just 1 from last year.
Just posting to give hope the 6s and 7s club, and to all those who don't understand their fbg either!

RoughcutAU

I lurk on this thread but don't post often as I can see no rhyme nor reason to what my fbg is. It ranges from the odd high 4 to mostly 6s and 7s but have just has my yearly hba1c come in at 39, up just 1 from last year.
Just posting to give hope the 6s and 7s club, and to all those who don't understand their fbg either!

Thank you MrsA2. I’m pretty fresh (August last year) on this gig so find any bit of info/data useful to absorb. Seems abit silly to say but this is probably my favourite thread. My last HBA1C was 40/5.8 so fingers crossed i dont venture too far north.. even though endo was the one that wanted me too loosen up control alittle.

Sorry everyone if i broke the rule of “some chat”. :)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 5.4/6.1 before & after rising
Contour 5.5
After a week of very erratic b/s, it decided to play nice yesterday, hope it continues
Rest day today so just a walk & maybe yoga later
Have a good day everyone

Reactions: RoughcutAU

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.6 this morning after sub 20g carbs yesterday. @RosemaryJackson we just have to just keep on carrying on! @MrsA2 wise assertion. My A1c was up 1 last month to 37 but my FBGs are constantly very high. I think stress is a big contributor of mine. Happy Saturday everyone.