What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a two egg and cheese omelette, two slices of toast with vegimite for breakfast.
Beef and bacon pie, lemon cordial with a scoop of osmolax for smoko.
Nothing for lunch.
Leftover beef stew from the day before, tasted better as well.

Edit: This was Sunday's menu, I did not click because the forum had it's normal early morning fit. Then forgot about it.

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Neil couldn't get fresh mint for me the other day when I needed it but came home from the shops today with some - smells lovely. I'll have to find a way to use it before it goes off.
Dry the leftover mint out so it will not go off, it's what we did when we had a herb patch.

Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, refried veggies for breakfast.
Four ANZAC biscuits, lemon cordial and osomolax mix for smoko.
Spag bol, with a bigger portion of reheated spiral pasta than usual for lunch.
Curried eggs mashed up on toast for supper at six.

Blue cheese on pepper crackers watching Prime.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was first day of fast 800 for me

Lots of green tea and water

Lunch- purition vegan shake with almond milk

Dinner- meatless farm meatballs, spinach and pesto low carb ‘rice’ cake with a smudge of primula vegan spread and Brussel sprouts and kale roasted in olive oil .

Net carbs 25g
Cals 842

Bm this morning 6.5 - let’s see where it goes by lunchtime

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. So yesterday started new regime of eating “less” not least as need to fit in a frock for son’s wedding in June. Brekkie yesterday and today slice of LivLife toast and lots of tea. I never worry about the amount of milk in tea as I take so little, like it the colour of gravy lol. Lunch yesterday was two boiled eggs and two slices of ham. Supper was 8 mini beef mestballs in tom & chilli sauce and cauli rice
Lunch today will be salad bits from fridge with small bit of Higgidy quiche with crust cut off. Supper will be chicken, chorizo, red pepper stirfry with paprika and green veg.
I grow herbs from tiny plants in Spring in a trough in the sheltered bit by the back door. They don’t like it too sunny, wet or cross winds. Currently I have Morrocan mint, flat leaf parsley, French tarragon & thyme all growing well with a small drink of water daily since its so bone dry here. I have a big robust Rosemary plant in a bed that takes all sorts of weather over the years and refuse to be beaten.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all on this sunny but nippy day! Yesterdays diet got lost in the post as it was pensioners lunch day but cheesecake comes to mind! Carb free today as best I can. I have eggs, Ham, chicken drumsticks and some cheese, so fingers crossed I can do it again! My bg was 7.7 this morning but I doubt I got away with it. Will keep a check today. Have a nice day:happy:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, refried veggies for breakfast.
Four ANZAC biscuits, lemon cordial and osomolax mix for smoko.
Spag bol, with a bigger portion of reheated spiral pasta than usual for lunch.
Curried eggs mashed up on toast for supper at six.

Blue cheese on pepper crackers watching Prime.

Curried eggs on toast sounds great. Must try that.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch to keep my brother company at my late parents house clearing ‘stuff’: a small packet of Cheesies and a Food Dr protein bar.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: cheese and tomato omelette followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mushrooms. They're one of the foods I absolutely love and crave for a while, and then suddenly I don't.
Having a bit of a bad timing, as my meal was the same as yesterday (the creamy vegan shawarma thing with green beans, very heavy on the mushrooms).
Did eat my meal but left a lot of the mushrooms on the side of my plate. Usually the dogs don't do mushrooms, but I guess they've soaked up enough cream to be worth it to them, plate is clean!

Which leaves me with the question of what to eat tomorrow. There's still enough leftovers for another day but I don't think I want mushrooms.
And there is another pack of mushrooms needing to be eaten as well, I'll see if my neighbour will have them.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Some more of my green pea spread on RyVita for breakfast since I didn't have any bread left. A bit low on fluids today so will have to take in a bit more before bedtime.
2nd "meal" was more RyVita but with spiced egg - taking an idea from @Riva_Roxaban. I'd actually made up a spicy mayonnaise with some curry powder and mixed it with some chopped up hard boiled eggs. I really enjoyed it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More difficult times here so haven’t had time to post. Still trying to stay on the straight and narrow but too much snacking and mindless eating going on
B- colourful plate of smoked salmon, avocado, feta, h/b egg, ginger and turmeric sauerkraut.
L- leftover ham and cabbage soup. Lc roll followed by a DGF cake
Mid aft- 2 spoonful meridian coconut and almond butter ( really shouldn’t have bought this, it’s so moreish)
D- pork stroganoff and wilted spinach. Choc chia pud.
IMG_1651005431.611327.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Annb and Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 7.1 FBG 6.8 Made a trip to recycling this morning after the school run with 2 bags of old towels and clothing that was not suitable for the charity shops. Hubby came too as we needed 3 bags of compost for his latest planter purchase! Also resumed teaching duties this afternoon with No 2 Grandson which went better than I expected.

B. Just TAG

L. The leftover fishy salad from yesterday's dinner.

D. Roast chicken with GF sage and onion stuffing, 1 tiny Jersey royal, sprouts. 1 M&S plum.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I forgot to post yesterday, and now can't remember most of it
Except lunch,, ordered an egg salad but it turned out to be one egg on potato and pea salad. Bg shot up to 9.9 and stayed there 4 hours!

Today,
B: omelette with cheesecwith bacon and mushrooms on the side. Finished with a cup of coffee with milk as no cream available
L: salad, followed by a lovely beef in horseradish sauce with veg. Came with tiny bit of roast potatoes. Pud of 1 scoop cinnamon jcecream. Bg hardly shifted.
Mid afternoon 3 bites hubby's ice cream
D: salad, consommé, veal with ratatouille. Cheese and half a portion coffee gateaux.
Red wine.later 1 Long island ice tea cocktail made with diet coke.
Bg has been5 and 7 all day.
Going to bed on a 5.3, should be much higher
Wondering if libre is about to fail on me.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today bed 8.2 (guess I was late eating the plum!) FBG 7.8 Thank you @Zhnyaka - I try to make it look (and taste) nice.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo

L. Nothing - I was back on clothes/fabric clearing as eldest grandson has a couple of days of outside adventure days at school so no lunch at mine (he had a Whale of a time).

D. Remains of the fish I didn't use for the Sunday salad - salmon fillet, 3 anchovies, 3 squid rings, queenie scallops, santini tomatoes, mini cucumber, 1/2 avocado, remains of the dressing.
The last gin choc from my Hotel Chocolat dark fix.

I hope things have improved @DJC3.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on toast, two hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
Two small sausage rolls, lemon cordial with usual scoop full for smoko.
Pork shoulder chops, green veggies, gravy for lunch.
Fish fingers dipped in a mild peri peri sauce dip for summer at six

Last of the ANZAC biscuits watching Prime.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
ginger and turmeric sauerkraut.
That looks amazing! Very fitting for our Dutch Koningsdag (kingsday, our king's birthday, when the whole country turns orange) too! :hilarious:
Do you make this yourself or just spice up bought sauerkraut?
Bg has been5 and 7 all day.
Going to bed on a 5.3, should be much higher
Wondering if libre is about to fail on me.
Have you done a fingerprick to compare?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've already had all my carbs for today - I started making a wholemeal loaf and thought I would have a slice for breakfast, but it was taking too long and I was hungry, so I had a very small bowl of wholewheat cereal with some milk. Should have resisted, but I didn't. So that was breakfast.

I'll put together a plate of bits and pieces later - I have some smoked salmon to use up, and lots of pickled vegetables as well as some salady things which should get used before they go limp on me. In fact, I might do that twice today - the cereal hasn't filled much of a gap.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today I'll make the dogs and cats very happy with the rest of my vegetarian shawarma/mushrooms/cream dish, I still don't want mushrooms.

So I'll need to make something else for myself.
The bell peppers were very cheap yesterday, so I now have 20 bell peppers (guinea pigs like them too). I also have cream left from cooking.
Does anyone have a brilliant idea for a meal involving both bell peppers and cream?