What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, a question for @gennepher and that greaser gentleman @jjraak , or anybody else that cares to enlighten me as to how I rotate a picture in this app.
Many thanks
Alf.
Hand and footnote yesterday evening I was tasked with going to the local Tesco’s to get a few things that Mrs J needed for cooking a few dishes yesterday evening for later in the week, Items finally located then, off to self checkout as all the tills were closed, As usual I did something wrong and a very nice Tesco lady came to help me, 1st problem solved, but not the second I had forgotten to bring my wallet, so the nice lady had to return all the items to shelves and I return home pick up my wallet and repeat the whole process again, with the help of the same nice Tesco lady who graciously accepted my profuse apologies.
Sometimes I’m not allowed out without supervision.
Oh dear Alf, that incident at Tesco brought a smile to my face.
I know it is not funny but I am not surprised in this heat you forgot your wallet.
I would have paid for your groceries if I had been there @alf_Josiah
After all someone did it for me once, and wouldn't give me their details so I could repay them.
If someone is short of a few bob at the till, I'll make up the difference.
Hugs for you.

Now your photo.
I am making a guess from the way you phrase your question, '...as to how I rotate the picture in this app,' that the photo was the correct way up when you downloaded it to this site? But yet it comes sideways when you have downloaded it.
Now my iPad sometimes does this, and has me demented because it was the correct way when I took it, and it was the correct way in the photo album and it downloads to wherever I put it, into sideways.
Nothing you have done wrong, it is some blip/bug in the iPad. (By the way this never happens with my android devices).
There are two things you can do.
The first is to download your sideways picture which is already on this site like @jjraak (I presume) and I did, back on to your iPad with this downloaded photo. Go into edit for that same picture, and go into the box which has an arrow round it. Keep clicking on that box until your photo is the right way, and then download it to your post. It will be the right way now. And you then get rid of the wonky picture. This is one way.

Now, you don't know in advance if the iPad is going to put your picture sideways. There is no warning. But if I have taken a batch of photos which all go sideways when I download to a site. And they are all the right way in the photo album, I am in tears, so frustrating because I cannot retake them. But one trick I found, is to go into edit for that batch of photos, for each one, and shave a tiny bit off each photo, so basically go into crop, and take a minuscule bit off each photo, and then save. Now you can download them all and they will come up the right way when downloaded on to the site.

I hope this is of some help. Ask me again if you need me any more in this.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Oh dear Alf, that incident at Tesco brought a smile to my face.
I know it is not funny but I am not surprised in this heat you forgot your wallet.
I would have paid for your groceries if I had been there @alf_Josiah
After all someone did it for me once, and wouldn't give me their details so I could repay them.
If someone is short of a few bob at the till, I'll make up the difference.
Hugs for you.

Now your photo.
I am making a guess from the way you phrase your question, '...as to how I rotate the picture in this app,' that the photo was the correct way up when you downloaded it to this site? But yet it comes sideways when you have downloaded it.
Now my iPad sometimes does this, and has me demented because it was the correct way when I took it, and it was the correct way in the photo album and it downloads to wherever I put it, into sideways.
Nothing you have done wrong, it is some blip/bug in the iPad. (By the way this never happens with my android devices).
There are two things you can do.
The first is to download your sideways picture which is already on this site like @jjraak (I presume) and I did, back on to your iPad with this downloaded photo. Go into edit for that same picture, and go into the box which has an arrow round it. Keep clicking on that box until your photo is the right way, and then download it to your post. It will be the right way now. And you then get rid of the wonky picture. This is one way.

Now, you don't know in advance if the iPad is going to put your picture sideways. There is no warning. But if I have taken a batch of photos which all go sideways when I download to a site. And they are all the right way in the photo album, I am in tears, so frustrating because I cannot retake them. But one trick I found, is to go into edit for that batch of photos, for each one, and shave a tiny bit off each photo, so basically go into crop, and take a minuscule bit off each photo, and then save. Now you can download them all and they will come up the right way when downloaded on to the site.

I hope this is of some help. Ask me again if you need me any more in this.
Thanks for a offering to pay for my groceries and b for the information I shall give a go.

Jojo85

Hello friends!

Fbg 5.7 this morning. Happy with that considering I snacked at 10pm

Hope everyone has a great day and week

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, a question for @gennepher and that greaser gentleman @jjraak , or anybody else that cares to enlighten me as to how I rotate a picture in this app.
Many thanks
Alf.
Hand and footnote yesterday evening I was tasked with going to the local Tesco’s to get a few things that Mrs J needed for cooking a few dishes yesterday evening for later in the week, Items finally located then, off to self checkout as all the tills were closed, As usual I did something wrong and a very nice Tesco lady came to help me, 1st problem solved, but not the second I had forgotten to bring my wallet, so the nice lady had to return all the items to shelves and I return home pick up my wallet and repeat the whole process again, with the help of the same nice Tesco lady who graciously accepted my profuse apologies.
Sometimes I’m not allowed out without supervision.
Alf - I think that it is the heatwave. My brain isn't functioning as well as it normally does either.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Still too hot for me.
The nighttime beasties polished off another two kilos of cat food, one kilo front garden and one kilo back garden.
Jade and Ammy were okay yesterday, but Midnight was struggling badly. But this morning he is perfectly okay.
I was struggling badly yesterday. A non functional brain, and little movement as possible.
Sleep was elusive last night, except at dawn I fell asleep for a half an hour in which I had the nightmare that my AH Fort Knox Fence neighbour had taken a panel out, come into my garden with his chainsaw and had raised everything to the ground. And my garden was just wood chips and branches...
This promised thunderstorm seems to be disappearing.
Sigh.

Creative is some wheatgrass growing in my veg garden, as a kaleidoscope in Laboscope.

And my Android Pixel phone went bananas yesterday. It must have been suffering from heatstroke, I was talking to my daughter in Oz on Skype, and a voice kept interrupting. I was saying who is talking at your end. No one she said. Only me here. Well, I knew there was only me here at my end as well. Then I turned sideways as the voice was interrupting again. It was my phone, and despite being password locked it was coming on all by itself, and the Android assistant was answering my question to my my daughter, as to where was Algeria and Tunisia. Then it went off. I picked up the phone, it was password locked, you had to key in a number. I put it back in its stand. Then moments later the phone came on, with the Android assistant answering yet another of my questions. I said 'Shut up' to the phone while it was midstream in its answer, and it turned itself off immediately and went back to lockscreen. And has stayed silent ever since...

This is more than spooky...

577529E2-EFA4-403D-9258-5A831194DD23.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another morning in Bristol. Another hot day spent out and about with family. Firstly the Van Gogh Immersive Experience - well worth it - a wonderful couple of hours spent looking at the life and work of this troubled artist and some of it wearing those virtual reality headsets. Dinner out with my brother and managed to squeeze in a little time for some doodling. Hope it’s beginning to cool down where you are, perhaps you might get some rain. So, art bit. Not much but a bit of progress. We need to go down to breakfast and order some koffy.

upload_2022-8-15_7-40-51.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Still too hot for me.
The nighttime beasties polished off another two kilos of cat food, one kilo front garden and one kilo back garden.
Jade and Ammy were okay yesterday, but Midnight was struggling badly. But this morning he is perfectly okay.
I was struggling badly yesterday. A non functional brain, and little movement as possible.
Sleep was elusive last night, except at dawn I fell asleep for a half an hour in which I had the nightmare that my AH Fort Knox Fence neighbour had taken a panel out, come into my garden with his chainsaw and had raised everything to the ground. And my garden was just wood chips and branches...
Sigh.

Creative is some wheatgrass growing in my veg garden, as a kaleidoscope in Laboscope.

And my Android Pixel phone went bananas yesterday. It must have been suffering from heatstroke, I was talking to my daughter in Oz on Skype, and a voice kept interrupting. I was saying who is talking at your end. No one she said. Only me here. Well, I knew there was only me here at my end as well. Then I turned sideways as the voice was interrupting again. It was my phone, and despite being password locked it was coming on all by itself, and the Android assistant was answering my question to my my daughter, as to where was Algeria and Tunisia. Then it went off. I picked up the phone, it was password locked, you had to key in a number. I put it back in its stand. Then moments later the phone came on, with the Android assistant answering yet another of my questions. I said 'Shut up' to the phone while it was midstream in its answer, and it turned itself off immediately and went back to lockscreen. And has stayed silent ever since...

View attachment 55931
Big Brother is watching you through your phone. Lovely wheatgrass kaleidoscope

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Still too hot for me.
Sigh.

View attachment 55931
That is definitely spooky @gennepher. Good that Midnight is OK today. Hopefully cooler weather this week.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another morning in Bristol. Another hot day spent out and about with family. Firstly the Van Gogh Immersive Experience - well worth it - a wonderful couple of hours spent looking at the life and work of this troubled artist and some of it wearing those virtual reality headsets. Dinner out with my brother and managed to squeeze in a little time for some doodling. Hope it’s beginning to cool down where you are, perhaps you might get some rain. So, art bit. Not much but a bit of progress. We need to go down to breakfast and order some koffy.

View attachment 55932
Good that the Van Gogh Immersive Experience - was really good. I really enjoyed a Van Gogh exhibition at the British museum a few years ago but the Immersive Experience sounds like it was even more enjoyable.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Lovely cool dog walk and leisurely breakfast snd now must finish off the packing before going off to Dunwich.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are struggling in this heatwave.
A 5.3 this morning on that fridge dwelling meter.
Sorry but no time this morning, a busy day and evening is scheduled, Mrs J is primed with a horrendous task list and me, me’s and myself need a safety koffy.
Stay safe, stay cool and stay hydrated.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on another sunny Suffolk summer's day. No known fbg here but I probably should do some checking with Stabbo at times. Good to hear from you and good fbg @Jojo85. Busy day scheduled @alf_Josiah. @gennepher scary dream and incident with that Android device. Wonderful verdant kaleidoscope. A very rare sight lately. @dunelm thanks for the art and yesterday sounds like a full but thoroughly enjoyable day. @Krystyna23040 have a wonderful break complete with off piste relaxation and “windfall” desserts/ice cream. @jjraak honours even in Battle of The Bridge MKii. Both sons made it up and down Scafell on Saturday - 27k steps for 6 ft 4 fellas - rested yesterday, aches and pains to nurse, and travel back today so Grandchildren collected from Cambs as mum doesn't drive. Little grandson here until dad is back from The D and D N, big Sis at Pre-School. Later I’m off to Addenbrookes for a head scan. Scenic route home as route to A roads and roads themselves ultra clogged with commuters, holiday makers and huge lorries Felixstowe/ Ipswich/huge estates bounds. Enjoy your day safely and for those who have not slept or functioned well during the hot spell relief may be on the way.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone on another sunny Suffolk summer's day. No known fbg here but I probably should do some checking with Stabbo at times. Good to hear from you and good fbg @Jojo85. Busy day scheduled @alf_Josiah. @gennepher scary dream and incident with that Android device. Wonderful verdant kaleidoscope. A very rare sight lately. @dunelm thanks for the art and yesterday sounds like a full but thoroughly enjoyable day. @Krystyna23040 have a wonderful break complete with off piste relaxation and “windfall” desserts/ice cream. @jjraak honours even in Battle of The Bridge MKii. Both sons made it up and down Scafell on Saturday - 27k steps for 6 ft 4 fellas - rested yesterday, aches and pains to nurse, and travel back today so Grandchildren collected from Cambs as mum doesn't drive. Little grandson here until dad is back from The D and D N, big Sis at Pre-School.Later I’m off to Addenbrookes for a head scan. Scenic route home as route to A roads and roads themselves ultra clogged with commuters, holiday makers and huge lorries Felixstowe/ Ipswich/huge estates bounds. Enjoy your day safely and for those who have not slept or functioned well during the hot spell relief may be on the way.
Yes, very much a game for us of what could have been...lots of positives
Fair play to Tottenham for the fighting spirit ..even if taken a bit too literally by both teams on the sidelines. :hilarious:.

Enjoy the scenic route...I'd rather drive further but keep moving, then take the clogged up direct routes too.

Best wishes for scan.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Still too hot for me.
Sigh.

View attachment 55931
Sounds weird, Genn..,.but we have had similar when Alexa has kicked in unexpectedly to answer some question while we talked amongst ourselves.

Curious what beasty is eating all the food ?

But good to hear the cats & all, are well.:happy:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, very much a game for us of what could have been...lots of positives
Fair play to Tottenham for the fighting spirit ..even if taken a bit too literally by both teams on the sidelines. :hilarious:.

Enjoy the scenic route...I'd rather drive further but keep moving, then take the clogged up direct routes too.

Best wishes for scan.:)
Thanks for the good wishes.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 55932

Sounds like your trip is really agreeing with you .

Liking the more intricate artwork of late

Reminds me of olde books that had such pictures to illustrate the upcoming chapters

As you were.

Enjoy the day :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are struggling in this heatwave.
A 5.3 this morning on that fridge dwelling meter.
Sorry but no time this morning, a busy day and evening is scheduled, Mrs J is primed with a horrendous task list and me, me’s and myself need a safety koffy.
Stay safe, stay cool and stay hydrated.

Oh dear, the devil's work is never done. :hilarious:

Try to stay under her radar, mate

Though hard to do, when you fly in squadron formation ..

: Me, me & me's OUT ';)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. Lovely cool dog walk and leisurely breakfast snd now must finish off the packing before going off to Dunwich.
Lovely

Enjoy the time away

Rather envious of all the toing & fro-ing on here of late

Enjoy every minute, people :headphone:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello everyone on another sunny Suffolk summer's day. No known fbg here but I probably should do some checking with Stabbo at times. Good to hear from you and good fbg @Jojo85. Busy day scheduled @alf_Josiah. @gennepher scary dream and incident with that Android device. Wonderful verdant kaleidoscope. A very rare sight lately. @dunelm thanks for the art and yesterday sounds like a full but thoroughly enjoyable day. @Krystyna23040 have a wonderful break complete with off piste relaxation and “windfall” desserts/ice cream. @jjraak honours even in Battle of The Bridge MKii. Both sons made it up and down Scafell on Saturday - 27k steps for 6 ft 4 fellas - rested yesterday, aches and pains to nurse, and travel back today so Grandchildren collected from Cambs as mum doesn't drive. Little grandson here until dad is back from The D and D N, big Sis at Pre-School. Later I’m off to Addenbrookes for a head scan. Scenic route home as route to A roads and roads themselves ultra clogged with commuters, holiday makers and huge lorries Felixstowe/ Ipswich/huge estates bounds. Enjoy your day safely and for those who have not slept or functioned well during the hot spell relief may be on the way.
Good luck for the trip to Addenbrookses. Take care