What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner at a type 2 friend’s who’s low carb: lamb steak in mint, LC cauliflower cheese and air fried courgette.

2024-03-15 18.53.02.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bitty day
10 ish a chicken drumstick and a bit of cheese
2 ish cheese and pate and 6 sqs 70 % chocolate. 6 because i got annoyed by something stressful and couldn't say how I felt grrr!
5 ish rhubarb, chia seeds and yoghurt

8 ish ham, quiche and coronation chicken at a quiz. Took my own cheese and dark chocolate covered nuts instead of dessert... but there wasn't a dessert so shared with my team members. 1 small glass white wine

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. I did a 22 hour fast yesterday ! Found it surprisingly easy, fully expected to be hungry and give in but I just drank more. I'm going to see how long I last today, then I'll have a chicken leg with veg. Have a nice day all.
Congratulations @RosemaryJackson on completing a marathon fast. A splendid accomplishment!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember seeing your original reply about tenderstem broccoli and I meant to look into it later. I thought tenderstem was just traditional broccoli crossed with kale which sounds ok. Would you mind reiterating please?
Evening @DJC3

A biotech company has flooded the UK market with 'tenderstem' which is a trademarked name for Chinese kale crossed with heaven knows what broccoli selection; a commercial secret. True to form, the owner patented the hybrid.

As a result, supermarkets no longer stock early sprouting broccoli, a far superior vegetable, IMO. You can still find proper sprouting broccoli at farmers' markets or grow your own of course.

Calabrese or heading broccoli is what greengrocers call 'broccoli' and that's a nutritious vegetable too, but it doesn't quite match the delicate flavour and texture of sprouting broccoli, IMO.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I said it wasn't all that nice. @LivingLightly may have meant that it wasn't natural, but merely bred as a new vegetable. I'm sure @LivingLightly can elaborate, though.
Evening @IanBish. I tried tenderstem once, never again. What a disappointment!

Calabrese or heading broccoli is what the greengrocers call 'broccoli' and that's a useful vegetable especially in Winter, but it doesn't quite match the delicate flavour and texture of sprouting broccoli varieties, IMO.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of ewe's milk Beenleigh Blue.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover walnut and mushroom nut roast.
Celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with chicory boats for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and brown shrimps.
Almonds, hazelnuts and pecans.
Water to drink.

Mid-afternoon:black filter coffee

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with lettuce, celery, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions, hummus, Kalamata olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with walnut halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A very sad day. We unexpectedly lost a dear friend. I hope he’s enjoying an endless selection of movies and games nights with a glass or three of a good single malt.
Breakfast scrambled egg and sausage on a lc wrap
Lunch planned over enchilada with cauliflower taco “ meat” arugula and pico de gallo
Dinner will be tacos with more of the cauliflower “ meat” because I don’t feel like cooking anything new, avocado and fire roasted tomato salsa. And a raised glass of single malt.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't make it through to bed time without a bit more food. About 10pm I had a hard-boiled egg, a couple of slivers of cheese and a few slices of very thin-cut ham - cut so thin that they couldn't be separated, hence "a few".

Nothing so far today but soon I will be having a slice of Lorne sausage, a couple of rashers of streaky bacon and a fried egg.

Then I will be making bigos again, but this time with all vegetables to see how it works. I had to get dried mushrooms online in the end because the Stornoway shops don't seem to stock them any more. Whether or not I eat the bigos today, I'm not sure. If not that will be for breakfast tomorrow.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very sad day. We unexpectedly lost a dear friend. I hope he’s enjoying an endless selection of movies and games nights with a glass or three of a good single malt.
Lunch planned over enchilada with cauliflower taco “ meat” arugula and pico de gallo
Dinner will be tacos with more of the cauliflower “ meat” because I don’t feel like cooking anything new, avocado and fire roasted tomato salsa. And a raised glass of single malt.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Always hard but a shock especially when not expected be kind to yourselves.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening @IanBish. I tried tenderstem once, never again. What a disappointment!

Calabrese or heading broccoli is what the greengrocers call 'broccoli' and that's a useful vegetable especially in Winter, but it doesn't quite match the delicate flavour and texture of sprouting broccoli varieties, IMO.
Thanks @LivingLightly, I'll try the greengrocers to see if they have any of the purple stuff.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry for the loss of your dear friend. It's hard when we don't expect a dear one to pass on, but possibly better for them for it to be quick rather than long, drawn out. Knowing that, though, doesn't ease the sense of loss for those left behind.

RosemaryJackson

Sent you a virtual hug for comfort on the loss of your dear friend.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon everyone!

11 am Kefir, bacon, eggs and mushrooms
pork puffs with cream cheese

More pork puffs (new variety arrived, had to try them!!)

4pm harissa pork mince fried in coconut oil, with red bell pepper and cream cheese on crushed cauliflower.

Later will have coffee, montezuma 100% and some creamed coconut.

@MommaE, my heartfelt condolences. So sad to lose friends but I like so much that you are thinking of him having the greatest time!

@RosemaryJackson congrats on the fast!