What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
This morning I had:
B: Low carb bread toasted with butter - mmmmm!
Later today I intend to have:
L: Hunter's Chicken (and I'm testing that) probably with green dwarf beans, cos I like those.
D: Veggie Deluxe Bake (My own recipe) & has so much veg in it that I don't need anything more.

Reactions: 7 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Day 7 / Week 2 of 800 calories BSD - FBG: 5.2 :) (Getting bored now)

Breakfast: None

Lunch: Big plate full of egg, bacon, chipolata sausages, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and half a Lidl protein roll

Work meal: Tinned tuna with mayo and large leafy salad

Snack/Supper: Little bar of Aldi Moser Roth 75% chocolate
What is the "Blood Sugar Diet" you are following?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@FranOnTheEdge love, you do know that there is a Search function on the forum, don't you?

It is much quicker to use that, or just go straight to Google, than write a post and wait for an answer.

Reactions: 4 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
INDULGENCE

B - Mashed avocado on half a Lidl roll
L - mackerel pate on cauli tortillas (proper yum!)
D - home made pizza based on a BIG cauli tortilla, home made burger with mayo & cheese
S - Beer, more beer, pork scratchings and more beer. Red wine. Another beer,

Reactions: 8 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
came out of a 48 hour water fast. first time ever.
had 4 hard boiled eggs with butter and some fried chicken hearts.
will probably have a jumbo avocado later :)

Reactions: 10 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 rashers of Bacon and two eggs fried in duck fat for brunch dinner tonight is slow roasted pork belly and Caulifower with a cheese sauce (basically cheddar melted into cream) with some salad leaves.

Reactions: 12 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Right i have to get back on it now ive been bad, cant let 4 months of hard work go now and my hba1c is thurs, first one since diagnosis! Cmon... I can do this!
Brekkie: scrambled egg
Carrs crackers with cheddar
Alpro yogurt anf strawberries
Bag of snaps... Naughty i no
Dinner will b slim pasta and chicken mince bolognese.

Jus got to work and there is cake and biscuits everywhere :(

Potteron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 2 mugs coffee with cream
Lunch low carb pizza - 9grms carbs
Snack - 50g mixed nuts - 3gms carbs

(Am trying to be good as have had some carb creep ;(

Currently enjoying glass of red whilst considering options for dinner
Probably, steamed broccoli, cauliflower with cream cheese and meat - 7 grms carbs.

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@FranOnTheEdge love, you do know that there is a Search function on the forum, don't you?

It is much quicker to use that, or just go straight to Google, than write a post and wait for an answer.
Oh it's a general thing is it? I just thought it was something the poster was doing themselves - I'll try searching. Thanks.

D

debrasue

2 rashers of Bacon and two eggs fried in duck fat for brunch dinner tonight is slow roasted pork belly and Caulifower with a cheese sauce (basically cheddar melted into cream) with some salad leaves.
Sounds lovely! How do you cook your pork belly? I've eaten it in restaurants but never tackled cooking it myself...

Reactions: 2 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the Jamie Oliver Recipe slow roast under foil for about 6 hours ttill it literally falls off the bones then cut off the skin score and salt it and put in a really hot oven till it Get lovely buddly crackling...Tis very good!

I have a lot of days out at meetings this week so will take a bag of pork belly with me so I do not have to eat the sandwiches at lunchtime that will no doubt be provided:)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sounds lovely! How do you cook your pork belly? I've eaten it in restaurants but never tackled cooking it myself...
I don't know about anyone else but I blast pork belly as hot as I can for 45 mins to get the crackling off to a good start, then turn the oven down low, about 150c, for a good 2 - 3 hours until done.

D

debrasue

Brunch: 3 pork chipolatas, 1 fried egg, mushrooms, courgettes, slice coconut bread, raspberries & cream
Dinner: Roast lamb, broccoli, leeks, brussels sprouts and cauliflower
Snacks: Half an almond cheese scone and half a sweet almond scone with yoghurt & sliced strawberries (yum!)
Cals: 1270; carbs 31.7g
Yayyy!! Back on track, thank goodness - we're off on holiday for a week tomorrow and I'm feeling confident about it again now.
I can DO this!
:happy:

Reactions: 6 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cup of tea
L: crispy duck leg, asparagus
D: bacon, sausages, fried eggs, mushrooms, tomato, 1 fried slice, cup of tea.
S: water

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoa, just had an interesting experimental dinner (mainly because I couldn't be bothered to cook properly). Mini wholemeal seeded baguette, 1 half with duck and orange pate and the other with cold chicken and mayo. BS before 5.7, 2 hours after 10.7!! Have never tested in double figures before:eek:

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
L: crustless quicke which had got lost in the back of the fridge. can't remember when I cooked it, so if I disappear for a while (permanently?) you will know why...
S: kale crisps (will be making some this week. can't wait)
D: slow cooker beef and veg stew

May have 1/4 orange in a mo... salivating at the thought. Will I be able to stop at one quarter though...?

Reactions: 7 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hello everyone,

Yesterday:
B/L: fry-up
D: stir fry with strips of pork marinated in soy/mirin/hoisin/sesame oil/chili flakes with frozen wok mix, carrot, red pepper and broccoli. I pre-steamed the frozen wok mix which meant I didn't get a waterlogged wok. I also steamed the carrot and broccoli.

Also tried out @ewelina's bounty truffles - very nice! I didn't respect the recipe and used 85% chocolate which I found too bitter. My own fault of course ;-)

Saturday evening was a dinner party that had been planned for a few weeks. I was a bit tired so did chicken thighs, Yorkshire pud (pretend you didn't read that), veg (medley of green beans [the ones from Lidl are excellent], sugarsnap peas, red pepper, carrot and broccoli), supermarket pepper sauce, followed by coffee panna cotta with sugar reduced by half... Not great but compared to previous dinner parties pretty good going. The apéro was a carb-free zone though (sliced saucisson sec, those little cheesy cube things I mentioned before, and olives).

Reactions: 14 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday wasn't much to report

B - bacon & mayo, coffee with cream
D - bbq ribs
S - coconut water, a beer, some red wine.

Reactions: 8 people