What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Picking daughter and her belongings from Uni today for the summer.
Mid-morning: small cappuccino in Nero’s with a smuggled in caramel PhD bar.
Lunch in Wetherspoons: gammon, eggs, tomato, mushrooms, peas and salad with a Diet Pepsi.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette with cauliflower, broccoli and red onion salad followed by strawberries and cookie dough Oppo.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I make halloumi chips! I just cut the cheese into chip shapes, then shallow fry, turning to brown each side in turn. Delicious!
Thanks for the cooking tip, wasn’t sure whether to shallow fry or oven cook them, I’ve got some halloumi so am going to try some tomorrow :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Joining in with the halloumi theme, I had it for breakfast with a poached egg, mushrooms and spinach.

Lunch was a slice of roast beef, mustard, large leafy salad dressed with olive oil and some feta crumbled over it

Dinner round no3 daughter’s ( last night here in Cornwall) we’ve finally found a meal that suits everyone - cod loin spread with pesto and baked in a parcel on top of sliced courgettes, thin slice of beef tomato and spinach. It was delicious, we had it with cauli rice which I added extra olive oil to.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you will miss Cornwall despite the different dietary philosophy. Seeing your daughters and grand daughters for an extended period must have been good.

Yes I’ll miss them, it’s been a joy seeing them especially once I stopped stressing about not being completely in control of eating and exercising.
Thanks for putting things in perspective for me a few days ago.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the cooking tip, wasn’t sure whether to shallow fry or oven cook them, I’ve got some halloumi so am going to try some tomorrow :)

I quite often grill it if Ive run out of frying pans, that works well too.

Reactions: Rachox

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Very quiet in here today.

A more restrained day today.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - smoked salmon and cream cheese and a bag of pork crunch

Dinner - Waitrose lamb kleftico followed by lazy dessert of extra thick double cream mixed with almond butter and Hotel Chocolat 100% chocolate buttons. Finished off with my last 20g Lindt 90%.

Off to Pilates shortly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening gentlefolk of this cyber parish. A far warmer day here than weather forecasters intimated possibly trained at the M Fish hurricane forecasting academy. Tried another tack today by eating breakfast then walking for an hour. The meal and way of doing things is a favourite of mine. We shall see tomorrow how daily average and fbg reacts to today's change Menu below:

B: 2/3 mug reheated filter coffee with double cream then 2 hrs later 2 pints tea with almond milk then 2 Waitrose 1 chipolatas; 2 rashers Waitrose 1 back bacon; 3 large flat mushrooms; 1 vine tomato; 2 of our eggs; small squeeze Heinz reduced sugar and salt tomato sauce
MMS: Walked dogs for an hr waited to test then mug of bean to cup coffee with double cream
L: Nothing; Did some reading - apparently toasted frozen bread is better for you turns into resistant starch see Van Tulken on BBC tonight
MAS: Chocolate Olive Oil cake with clotted cream; Thought I wouldn’t/couldn’t like this but it was good. 1 pint tea with almond milk
D: 2 Cheese and avocado and spring onion, dash cider vinegar sandwich (Livelife bread); 8 cherry tomatoes; Glass red wine; May have a little more red wine later

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all just managed to squeeze dinner in in time. Im doing a cholesterol test in the morning before puppy sitting and have to fast - water only for 12 or more hours so now water only until do the test first thing. Hoping will show at least a bit of @n improvement will see! At least it’s a full lipid panel so should be able to get more info.
@Rachox we will both fasting together but gather yours is from later this evening? Puppy sitting still going well just two more days.
@Goonergal enjoy Pilates would have gone back tomorrow as better but can’t hope back next week.
@ianpspurs pleased you enjoyed choc olive oil cake it’s my fave
Breakfast one slice of low carb bread and boiled egg
Lunch one slice low carb toast and mackerel pate followed by slice of low carb choc olive oil cake
Dinner slow cooked pork ribs with cauliflower cheese and asparagus low carb raspberry mousse but now nil by mouth only water will miss my coffee and tea!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all just managed to squeeze dinner in in time. Im doing a cholesterol test in the morning before puppy sitting and have to fast - water only for 12 or more hours so now water only until do the test first thing. Hoping will show at least a bit of @n improvement will see! At least it’s a full lipid panel so should be able to get more info.
@Rachox we will both fasting together but gather yours is from later this evening? Puppy sitting still going well just two more days.
@Goonergal enjoy Pilates would have gone back tomorrow as better but can’t hope back next week.
@ianpspurs pleased you enjoyed choc olive oil cake it’s my fave
Breakfast one slice of low carb bread and boiled egg
Lunch one slice low carb toast and mackerel pate followed by slice of low carb choc olive oil cake
Dinner slow cooked pork ribs with cauliflower cheese and asparagus low carb raspberry mousse but now nil by mouth only water will miss my coffee and tea!
Good luck tomorrow with your test Shelley, I have a 7.30am blood test, my 2nd HbA1c since diagnosis so have everything crosssed for good news, am a little doubtful though as the test will be looking at blood over last 8 to 12 weeks, during this time I have been on holiday, had a virus, a very heavy period and am now suffering this affliction again, who said being a female was easy needs there bumps felt :arghh:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I made coconut porridge for breakfast, it didn’t go well today, think it was the creamed coconut, it was the remainder of the solid block I bought, think I should have dissolved it before adding it to the other ingredients, only managed a couple of mouthfuls.
Mid morning snack as I felt peckish, probably due to almost no breakfast and BG running higher than normal for me, so I had some salmon pate and cheese crackers
Lunch was salad leaves, pepper, tomato, left over hot dog style chicken sausages and mayo
Had a coffee with cream and an Adonis bar when I got in from work
Evening meal was 2 pork and herb patties, topped these with tomato, gherkin, cheese, ketchup and a sprinkle of crispy onions.
Might have a serving of oppo ice cream later

Attachments

• 6AD27035-62A6-43AD-8453-EAA794A92B3C.jpeg
    6AD27035-62A6-43AD-8453-EAA794A92B3C.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 52E264D9-EB5D-4D4C-B6DE-A6B4BFE49442.jpeg
    52E264D9-EB5D-4D4C-B6DE-A6B4BFE49442.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 355

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 7.1. Beautiful day again. Incredibly busy week this for running about. Tomorrow there are 2 school visits for No 2 grandson. First 8.30am , then to pre school, then Aqua then back to pre school to get him for his second visit then back to pre school then hairdresser! Inbetween there are school clothes to be collected.
B. A variation on yesterday's pancakes. I doubled the mix yesterday and kept half in the fridge to use this morning.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-croque-monsieur

I used a grated 4 cheese I got in Morrison's. Very tasty.

L. Nothing no time

D. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
Rib eye , chestnut mushroom, celeriac chips, cauliflower.

I've made a double size lemon drizzle cake half of which will go to the freezer. It's cooling at the moment. @shelley262 - did you wrap in greaseproof to freeze?

Same pancakes but filled with cheese and a bit

Reactions: Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck tomorrow with your test Shelley, I have a 7.30am blood test, my 2nd HbA1c since diagnosis so have everything crosssed for good news, am a little doubtful though as the test will be looking at blood over last 8 to 12 weeks, during this time I have been on holiday, had a virus, a very heavy period and am now suffering this affliction again, who said being a female was easy needs there bumps felt :arghh:
Good luck to you too fingers crossed etc let me know once you do hope you’re not made to wait like me I was signed up to online results but they didn’t post them before my dn review so had stressful weeks wait!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.6 FBG 7.1. Beautiful day again. Incredibly busy week this for running about. Tomorrow there are 2 school visits for No 2 grandson. First 8.30am , then to pre school, then Aqua then back to pre school to get him for his second visit then back to pre school then hairdresser! Inbetween there are school clothes to be collected.
B. A variation on yesterday's pancakes. I doubled the mix yesterday and kept half in the fridge to use this morning.

L. Nothing no time

I've made a double size lemon drizzle cake half of which will go to the freezer. It's cooling at the moment. @shelley262 - did you wrap in greaseproof to freeze?

Hi I cooked it in greasproof case then put a layer of kitchen towel on top and put in plastic bag worked well but sure all greasproof would work too gosh you are so busy with your grandchildren

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I cooked it in greasproof case then put a layer of kitchen towel on top and put in plastic bag worked well but sure all greasproof would work too gosh you are so busy with your grandchildren
This week is unbelievable. There are 4 weeks of school visits but this one is the busiest. Trying to work out Friday too as it is half day for No 1 grandson but I take him swimming straight from school. This time though we'll have to get out and ready quick as we have to get back to pre school for their little graduation ceremony. Saturday is his delayed birthday party and Sunday their usual swimming lessons. I should be losing tons!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck to you too fingers crossed etc let me know once you do hope you’re not made to wait like me I was signed up to online results but they didn’t post them before my dn review so had stressful weeks wait!
Thank you Shelley, I will update you as soon as I know. My DN appt is next Friday but I’m hoping to know sooner, like you I’ve signed up for online results so will be interested to see if I get them before my appt.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

L. Nothing no time

Don't know what happened but the end sentence about same pancakes should have been with breakfast. I seem to have split it.
The aroma from that giant drizzle cake is driving me mad but it's still too warm. That's the problem with giant cakes I suppose.
All the rushing about with shopping inbetween reminded me of another of MILs words - I like to shop in Littles and Albies!