What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Was 6.7..

Try half an hour later..different finger..paper towel to dry hands rather than ordinary towel..

5.2!

Happier with that. Hands a bit warmer and less stressed lol.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept in till 9am!! 6.6 on the Codefree. Several hours snow fell yesterday and we have several cms now. Not going to try goiing out today so more cooking on the cards and last of laundry for son going back to Uni tomo.
Yesterday we prepared for new carpets downstairs up stairs and landing Mon/Tue so furniture is crammed into everywhere and anywhere. The cats dont like it ar all, the snow is bad enough but now their home is turned upside down. If only they knew they and I have to spend two days in the kitchen.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today. Probably because I tested a little later. It is what it is. Just sitting in my local Sainsburys writing a letter to my auntie. Their cheese and mushroom omelettes are deeeemmmm guuuud.

This week I started work on my 1st 'reversing diabetes, my story' presentation. I've got 4 weeks but quite a lot on too so trying to box it off asap. My surgery have been amazing. I've even had my first gp referral. It was from the gp I was seated opposite at the ppg Afternoon tea. He really was listening! I told him that i want to support fellow diabetics, pre diabetics in any way I can. He has pointed one of his patients in my direction. Happy days. Start of many I hope.

I've emailed the journalist from my local gazette asking her if she would like to do an article on my journey to date as so much has happened since my initial one. If she does then this will work as free advertising for my presentation. Win win.

It's a beautiful day here on the north west coast. Bright blue skies. Crisp and cold though but kinda nice when you are wrapped up in what I can only describe as a coat that would work well as a quilt!!!

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Running late this morning. 8.4 when I woke up this morning. That is going in the right direction. Getting prepared for England v Ireland today. Always a case of divided loyalties for me. Born here, Irish parents. I suppose whoever wins I will be happy. Traditional half time snack of sausages and onions (in a french bread roll for the non-diabetics). Going to get some high quality sausages from the local butchers to keep the carb count down as much as possible.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

P

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Slept in till 9am!! 6.6 on the Codefree. Several hours snow fell yesterday and we have several cms now. Not going to try goiing out today so more cooking on the cards and last of laundry for son going back to Uni tomo.
Yesterday we prepared for new carpets downstairs up stairs and landing Mon/Tue so furniture is crammed into everywhere and anywhere. The cats dont like it ar all, the snow is bad enough but now their home is turned upside down. If only they knew they and I have to spend two days in the kitchen.

When they find out, tell them y'all will be just fine. I went through that with my two several years ago and we lived to tell the tale.

You just reminded me of my mother, doing our laundry for us when we headed back to college (uni).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 on this lovely pale pink and grey morning. Why is it that on weekends when I can sleep late, I can't?

3 degrees outside, looking for a high of 15 late this afternoon. I want to take advantage of that with a longish walk before the rain returns tomorrow.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afteringnoon folks, me's ( that is all of my different personalities ) have been a bit preoccupied, 2 just absconded, 3 decided to go somewhere warmer and the only 1 left mounted a search party. Anyway they are all back now, causing my brain to overheat.......saves switching the heating on.
Here's my fasting blood sugar readings for the last few days.
6.3, 4.9, 7.9, 4.9 and today 5.9.

Well folks have a good day and don't forget throwing snowballs at policemen is classified as an assault ( please note other police genders are available ).

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Good Afteringnoon folks, me's ( that is all of my different personalities ) have been a bit preoccupied, 2 just absconded, 3 decided to go somewhere warmer and the only 1 left mounted a search party. Anyway they are all back now, causing my brain to overheat.......saves switching the heating on.
Here's my fasting blood sugar readings for the last few days.
6.3, 4.9, 7.9, 4.9 and today 5.9.

Well folks have a good day and don't forget throwing snowballs at policemen is classified as an assault ( please note other police genders are available ).

Wow - big difference in some of those readings. - tell me to go away if you like but was there any noticeable reason for the 7.9? ... Tell me to take a running jump , or worse , if you want to....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow - big difference in some of those readings. - tell me to go away if you like but was there any noticeable reason for the 7.9? ... Tell me to take a running jump , or worse , if you want to....
Yes I thought it looked like lottery results....sorry Alf I will stop there!

Reactions: OrsonKartt

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1548184109491.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
day off..lie in.
happily unaffected today, by the body mugging us of sleep, with the 'MUST GET UP..NOW' work syndrome.

Just had a delicious breakfast..poached eggs slices of tomatoes,..AND grated cheese and Philadelphia (for the love of fats)

think @Emma_369 mentioned cheese with eggs while in Vegas.
thought i'd give it a go as Bulletproof coffee tasted SOO disgusting..:***:

and have to say ..I LIKED IT..cheese and eggs, will defo be on the menu again.

so fully powered and energised for my run this afternoon,
i'm ready to start my warm up with the score of the day....ya all know what that is...:D

so @trick60..my partner today
grab a paddle..i'll take the right side of the raft..and lets go BOOK EM, dano..

FBG 5.0...Creeping closer to the elusive, mysterious, yet strangely desirable, 4 point territory..;)