What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Or the non-bleeding stuff, more like! ;)

The only animals I have ever known who don't mind us messing with their feet are horses. Which is good, since they have more foot problems than any other creatures I know, including humans. You know the old expression, "No foot, no horse"? They seem to be doing their best to live up to it.

And speaking of animals, I occasionally wake to the delivery of a furball.

@dogslife I hope the MRI scan went well and that the party got just wild enough for you to make a good recovery. :D

Welcome, @poemagraphic .

Oh. Before I forget ... another even 6 this grey morning, with thunderstorms in the forecast, not unusual for Palm Sunday. I woke at 3 am, wide awake, and was going to get up and fix some breakfast and come here to see who was posting, but in the end I just turned over and went back to sleep. Weird dreams off and on.
Thanks, SaskiaKC. Both went well but I haven't tested since. After the carby buffet food I've just eaten I think l'll make a fresh start tomorrow.:angelic:

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And sending First Lady Dolley Madison rushing madly around trying to save some of the paintings and other valuables!

ETA: My great-grandfather was named for her husband.

The painting of George Washington is the only thing that still survives that, as she would not leave till it had been taken down and packed.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
... And so, as the sun sinks low over the West Country of England, over the Western Isles of Scotland, over Wales, and over the Irish Sea, we in the Western Hemisphere say "Goodnight" to our friends and fellow finger-stickers across the Great Water, wishing you all sound sleep, lack of lows, and sweet dreams ...

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ........................... ^. .^

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... And so, as the sun sinks low over the West Country of England, over the Western Isles of Scotland, over Wales, and over the Irish Sea, we in the Western Hemisphere say "Goodnight" to our friends and fellow finger-stickers across the Great Water, wishing you all sound sleep, lack of lows, and sweet dreams ...

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ........................... ^. .^
Goodnight Saskia ...sleep well when it comes, x

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

4.6 this morning

I had a very small weight loss this week, only 0.2 lbs,
total loss so far: 102.9 lbs (46.6 kg) or 7 stone 4.9

India has it's own bagpipes, called Mashak, popular in the North, and parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan. There are Indian military pipe bands.

View attachment 32340

Yes :)

I've seen pictures, my son-in-law has showed me. We joke about the "secret" Indian/Scots connection:
bagpipes/mashak, both love sweets and lamb, biryani/kedgeree (I believe kedgeree is an adaptation of biryani, brought back by Scots returning from Imperial India.) Also my son-in-law went to an English language school founded by Scots Presbyterian missionaries.)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today.

I'm so behind with the forum. It's bedlam here with one thing and another. Hoping to get back into the swing from tomorrow.

Anyway I made a great discovery today in the shape of a sausage. In fact it was a sausage. A big thick meaty one, very tasty. And only 2g per sausage!!!

Jolly hog proper porker sausages.

I will be getting them again that's for sure!!! Sharing the love.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
5.6 today.

I'm so behind with the forum. It's bedlam here with one thing and another. Hoping to get back into the swing from tomorrow.

Anyway I made a great discovery today in the shape of a sausage. In fact it was a sausage. A big thick meaty one, very tasty. And only 2g per sausage!!!

Jolly hog proper porker sausages.

I will be getting them again that's for sure!!! Sharing the love.
not even sure what to say to that!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thatis more astute than you will believe. I absolutely love Cornwall and since I discovered it (in Enid Blyton’s childrens books aged 8) and then I moved to the UK and when I first visited Cornwall it stole my heart and tbere hasnt been a year since then we havent gone back. Btw I have read that book.

I'm now reading one of the sequels, Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery. Further adventures of Neil, et al.

I think Neil is a fine name, but I would have preferred something more seafaring. Horatio, or Erik, or maybe Beowuffin.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all 4.2 on the meter this morning after b-b-qing supper last night with friends ( the whole salmon was on special at Asda). Looking forward to a day out in London with my daughter and her children today. If the weather stays good we will picnic in the lady di memorial park. One of the best free adventure areas for small children I have come across anywhere. Else its a museum . Have a good day all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An unexpected 4.8 this morning. Waiting for the Vet to open so we can take our dog to have his claw removed. He had a lovely walk around the Abbey grounds yesterday and enjoyed sharing my homemade beefburger at the inn. It was delicious and I am sure it was heaped with loads more bacon and melted cheese because I didn't have the bun and chips. Very yummy.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
5.6 this morning.
Daughter's birthday today so we are going out for a meal at some point today probably a carvery

Not had much sleep due to pains in feet and legs.

Have a nice meal out with family

Snap regarding feet and legs (I’m seeing my GP tomorrow)

Hope your day goes well for you John

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've seen pictures, my son-in-law has showed me. We joke about the "secret" Indian/Scots connection:
bagpipes/mashak, both love sweets and lamb, biryani/kedgeree (I believe kedgeree is an adaptation of biryani, brought back by Scots returning from Imperial India.) Also my son-in-law went to an English language school founded by Scots Presbyterian missionaries.)
Whisky is very popular in India too.
I was trying to link a youtube video of an Indian woman playing 'Amazing Grace' on the Mashak, in Spain, with a Scottish pipe band, but the link wouldn't work, but it can be googled.

Last edited: