What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning and a joyous Easter to all :)

yesterday was a horrible (for me) 5.5 and today a slightly more in line with my new 'normal' 4.8

Haven't been that high fbg for a long time, anxiety seems to be getting the better of me at the moment (and I'm ashamed to say I find it difficult to post if it's high), never mind, it's a lovely looking morning so at mum's request we're going to dust off the barbecue today ;)
I think she enjoys bragging rights over her niece who is very competitive :hilarious:

So it's burgers, low carb sausage and chicken today with a nice salad (plus a small potato each for mum and mr. gee), followed by plum sponge and custard for them and a piece of my low carb spicy lemon sponge and greek yoghurt for me. Walks for me and the wee dog to follow I think if it stays as bright as it is now :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 yesterday, didnt get chance to post yesterday as I was in transit to the Canary islands.

Here is my social media post, I'm just out catching the sun, its 4 seasons in one day here so got to get it when I can:

Stress free relaxing pre holiday Hilton hotel stay NOT.....

Get to the hotel full of excitement. Checked in told that they no longer do on site parking. We have to drive to the car park in the morning which is 'only 5 to 10 minutes away then wait for a coach to take us to the airport, it's in the small print'. Well I could feel hubby's stress levels rising. His body language (arms flapping like a bird) told the extremely lovely receptionist he wasnt happy. Voucher offered for 2 complimentary drinks at the bar was swiftly produced with her apologies, oh yes, and a free room upgrade. It worked a treat. Especially as there was a gin bar!!! Night cap after a long day. King size bed. Happy hubby. Good night sleep....for me . Eric however was on clock watch duty knowing he had to find this car park. Stress levels building again. Flight 10.10am. Up at 6am twitching . I woke up from by lovely slumber and did a slow cat stretch. But reality hit me quickly, I know Eric well enough now to know that I had to get myself ready pronto and down for breakfast.

Trundled down both feeling quite peckish. 'What room are you please' '237'. 'You are room only, do you wish to pay for breakfast (why do I always book these things when I'm half asleep'). If looks could kill!!! Anyway needless to say we wouldn't pay those prices. I would have choked on me sausage!!! We could have got another mortgage for half the price! We did get complimentary coffees though so every cloud.

Receptionist was right, 5 minutes to the car park....if only you could turn RIGHT exiting hotel. But you cant! You have to turn LEFT. Over 10 minutes of new road layout, conflicting with our sat nav which took us all over Manchester..... or so it felt! Stress levels up again for Eric!!!!

This holiday isn't having the desired effect I had hoped for. Not even got to the airport at this point!

Anyway things are calming down a little. Went smoothly once we found car park. Coach to airport. Jet2 on a different level to our usual cheap as chips flights. Every member of staff smiling, happy, chatty. Impecably groomed. Complimentary papers. We weren't herded around so that in itself made a nice change!!! They couldn't do enough for us. You get what you pay for I suppose. Things are looking up. Or so I thought. I got straight through security without the anticipated frisk . Better luck on the way back!!! .

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And here is my first post from Fuertoventura (high carb menu on flight and nothing for me, luckily I had something at the airport just in case):

Landed. I'M DRESSED FOR WINTER JUST AS WELL AS IT FEELS LIKE WINTER!!

Great flight with jet2. Funniest pilot EVER. If only I could remember the jokes (never can!!!). I do remember one thing, that he was struggling with directions cos he had dropped his Tom Tom and was just going to head for the pointy island and keep his fingers crossed i was hoping it was a joke anyway....

Weather much as forecast. Lots of weather here . lots of wind, lots of cloud!!! No rain (every cloud has a silver lining).

Go on, tell me how sunny and warm it is back home. How you are having to have ice cream to cool down. That the paddling pools are out. BBQ fired up and you are slapping on the sun cream. We get this every holiday.

Review of jet2. They get our golden buzzer award. Tribe of them here at the airport. Welcomed with smiles all round. So far so good (apart from weather....)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 yesterday, didnt get chance to post yesterday as I was in transit to the Canary islands.

Here is my social media post, I'm just out catching the sun, its 4 seasons in one day here so got to get it when I can:

Stress free relaxing pre holiday Hilton hotel stay NOT.....

Get to the hotel full of excitement. Checked in told that they no longer do on site parking. We have to drive to the car park in the morning which is 'only 5 to 10 minutes away then wait for a coach to take us to the airport, it's in the small print'. Well I could feel hubby's stress levels rising. His body language (arms flapping like a bird) told the extremely lovely receptionist he wasnt happy. Voucher offered for 2 complimentary drinks at the bar was swiftly produced with her apologies, oh yes, and a free room upgrade. It worked a treat. Especially as there was a gin bar!!! Night cap after a long day. King size bed. Happy hubby. Good night sleep....for me . Eric however was on clock watch duty knowing he had to find this car park. Stress levels building again. Flight 10.10am. Up at 6am twitching . I woke up from by lovely slumber and did a slow cat stretch. But reality hit me quickly, I know Eric well enough now to know that I had to get myself ready pronto and down for breakfast.

Trundled down both feeling quite peckish. 'What room are you please' '237'. 'You are room only, do you wish to pay for breakfast (why do I always book these things when I'm half asleep'). If looks could kill!!! Anyway needless to say we wouldn't pay those prices. I would have choked on me sausage!!! We could have got another mortgage for half the price! We did get complimentary coffees though so every cloud.

Receptionist was right, 5 minutes to the car park....if only you could turn RIGHT exiting hotel. But you cant! You have to turn LEFT. Over 10 minutes of new road layout, conflicting with our sat nav which took us all over Manchester..... or so it felt! Stress levels up again for Eric!!!!

This holiday isn't having the desired effect I had hoped for. Not even got to the airport at this point!

Anyway things are calming down a little. Went smoothly once we found car park. Coach to airport. Jet2 on a different level to our usual cheap as chips flights. Every member of staff smiling, happy, chatty. Impecably groomed. Complimentary papers. We weren't herded around so that in itself made a nice change!!! They couldn't do enough for us. You get what you pay for I suppose. Things are looking up. Or so I thought. I got straight through security without the anticipated frisk . Better luck on the way back!!! .

aww, bless eric..us blokes do like to seem like we are fully in charge and in control of every situation...
(not always the case...i'm sure many wives would agree..:hilarious: )
but we do our best cos we luvs ya..

and holidays..a most stressful time, until you get there.

enjoy the sunshine,
been to fuerta/ gran can, and big Ten....liked them all..all very different in odd ways.

be sure to test after the sangria....lovely stuff, but not sure i'd trust it now.

ohh, ohh..and pics..we need pics....
( but not if your on the nudey beaches...:wideyed: :D)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And here is my first post from Fuertoventura (high carb menu on flight and nothing for me, luckily I had something at the airport just in case):

Great flight with jet2. Funniest pilot EVER. If only I could remember the jokes (never can!!!). I do remember one thing, that he was struggling with directions cos he had dropped his Tom Tom and was just going to head for the pointy island and keep his fingers crossed i was hoping it was a joke anyway....

Weather much as forecast. Lots of weather here . lots of wind, lots of cloud!!! No rain (every cloud has a silver lining).

Go on, tell me how sunny and warm it is back home. How you are having to have ice cream to cool down. That the paddling pools are out. BBQ fired up and you are slapping on the sun cream. We get this every holiday.

Review of jet2. They get our golden buzzer award. Tribe of them here at the airport. Welcomed with smiles all round. So far so good (apart from weather....)

Blooming eck, glad you got there OK - it’s freezing here so you are not missing anything - very cold, cloudy and lots of freezing rain.
What can I say.
Glad you thought that Jet2 gave you a good service - I tried that there Irish plane once - just the once.

Have a great break.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Easter, everyone!

6 even this morning, appropriately sunny and cloudless after two days of storms. I wanted to be up to see the sun rise, but after waking at 3:30, I slept 'til 10:00. So, FBG after an 11-hour fast, higher than some recent scores, but whatever. As soon as it warms up a bit I will go out and enjoy the sunshine.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
aww, bless eric..us blokes do like to seem like we are fully in charge and in control of every situation...
(not always the case...i'm sure many wives would agree..:hilarious: )
but we do our best cos we luvs ya..

and holidays..a most stressful time, until you get there.

enjoy the sunshine,
been to fuerta/ gran can, and big Ten....liked them all..all very different in odd ways.

be sure to test after the sangria....lovely stuff, but not sure i'd trust it now.

ohh, ohh..and pics..we need pics....
( but not if your on the nudey beaches...:wideyed: :D)
Blooming eck, glad you got there OK - it’s freezing here so you are not missing anything - very cold, cloudy and lots of freezing rain.
What can I say.
Glad you thought that Jet2 gave you a good service - I tried that there Irish plane once - just the once.

Have a great break.
My family from Dublin. At €9.99 each way it's a no brainer to pop over! Couldn't get to London for that so cant complain tbh .

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today, new food, alcohol, jolies. Winning number in my book!

My social media post from fuertoventura today:

After thinking I might have to don my boots, thermal socks and jeans again for the evening (the rain came, after the sunshine!) the weather bucked up again. I cant keep up. Talk about 4 seasons in one day! It was warm enough for a dress. So quick change for dinner. Compulsory photo by our balcony just to capture the sunshine while it lasts.

Mexican night was on the menu. Its buffet style . Lots of different sections to choose from. Soooo much choice. Pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, fruit juices . but thankfully so much more. Everything very well presented. I had an everything salady starter followed by everything meaty main finishing with everything cheesy dessert. Bottle of house red shared reluctantly with Eric . €11 euro bargain (half board so we have to pay for drinks). It was delicious. Sometimes house wines can be hit and miss. This was a winner.

We originally booked an adults only hotel but they moved us to their sister hotel as having renovations. I wasnt too happy as its school hols. Dont get me wrong, I love kids... but couldn't eat a full one . so far I've only seen a few of the little blighters and all very well behaved.

Had so much food needed to walk it off so a quick recky of the area after dinner. It's pretty quiet compared to our previous destinations but expect thats down to the time of year. Will discover more tomorrow. Earlyish night as it's been a very long day.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today

Holiday post:

You know you're on holiday when there's bubbles on the menu for breakfast. dont let the coffee cup or angelic look fool you. Eric's had 2 glasses of bucks fizz so far!!!

Attachments

• 20190421_105942.jpg
    20190421_105942.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 223

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Found this at the Corralejo market today. Electric motorbike hire. Booked for tomorrow afternoon. I have an idea tomorrows post might be quite funny!!! Both of us on one (I dont trust myself in charge of my own! Managed to catapult myself off a slalem a few years ago cos I pushed handle instead of pulling! Could have got £250 for that clip on You've been framed had someone videod! I dont think I've ever travelled that fast since!!).

Going to treat myself to a foot massage prior. €10 bargain. Get myself nice and relaxed and in the zone ready for my backy.

Off put now to do some more steps .... to the nearest bar. A bit of people watching on.the menu.

Happy Easter everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190421-224851_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190421-224851_Gallery.jpg
    958.8 KB · Views: 223

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 today

Holiday post:

You know you're on holiday when there's bubbles on the menu for breakfast. don't let the coffee cup or angelic look fool you. Eric's had 2 glasses of bucks fizz so far!!!

haha..good lad.

btw, looking good, eric.:)

( you must be spoiling him, debs ..lol..)

sounds like you two are having a great time despite the weather/kids etc.;)

sure to brighten up tomorrow.

not sure if erics got a bike licence, so not meaning to tread on toes,
but i always find the mental picture of the wife being marked as 'special cargo' 'fragile'
helps keep those boyish 'twists of speed' to a minimum.

( plus the powerful dig in the ribs is also a useful reminder.:***:.....:hilarious: )

ps, Flag beach, on way out of town very nice.
surfers, kites surfers, etc...and obligatory nudist beaches.
(up by national park near riu hotel ).
FLAG BEACH GOOGLE

very do-able on a scooter.

we're a long time in those boxes...so whatever you do..enjoy, be safe, & have fun....:D

Last edited:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Well in there @Goacher55
@Bildad can't argue with that score....happy easter
@Mbaker perfect!!
@SaladDaze good news....well done
@Krystyna23040 5.8 ain't the end of the world......big hug
@Cumberland 6.5 eh? That's much better than normal I think?....congrats!!

Basic Error for me........thought I had a vial of strips left but it was an empty pot I'd left in my kit bag to put in recycling....no pharmacy open sunday or tomorrow(bank holiday)....never mind.....2 days off from the tyranny of testing LOL

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

HaHa.......you're holiday sounds more like a monty python sketch.......still, you'll look back and laugh for years to come LOL

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'

Enjoy your time out... breath out annnnnnnd relax.
I am off to Cromer today, god we know how to live.
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Well in there @Goacher55
@Bildad can't argue with that score....happy easter
@Mbaker perfect!!
@SaladDaze good news....well done
@Krystyna23040 5.8 ain't the end of the world......big hug
@Cumberland 6.5 eh? That's much better than normal I think?....congrats!!

Basic Error for me........thought I had a vial of strips left but it was an empty pot I'd left in my kit bag to put in recycling....no pharmacy open sunday or tomorrow(bank holiday)....never mind.....2 days off from the tyranny of testing LOL

Well you know what to eat.... and what NOT to eat.... Just enjoy eating it.