What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 yesterday but didn't get a chance to post as spent most of the day here in Fuertoventura trying to dodge the clouds and rain!!! Ducking and diving like a boxer!!!

Having read the mods posts I dont feel my usual long posts telling you about my day here on the island would be in order so I'm going to keep it short and appropriate :)

Have a great hump day everyone.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
2.0 for me at 6am bit scarey never felt it according to libre been hypo for couple of hours done finger prick and that was the same anyway have a good day everyone
Hope you feel better, a 2 reading would have me in a heap, you are obviously made of sterner stuff than me! Gentle hug for the hypo

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting blood sugar is 8.7 at 7 am.
Was half expecting it to be higher, because I overdid things yesterday, nibbled food instead of having two proper meals with a 4to5 hour gap in between, caught some sunburn on my face. Uncomfortable face kept me awake all night, so checked sugar readings out of interest at 1 am...blood sugar was 11. That worried me. Yet I am back to my normalish fasting blood sugar this morning with 8.7 at 7 am.

So I am very pleased with that...I need to find my straw wide brimmed sunhat for today...

Take care and have a good day x
(And wear that suncream and sunhat!)
>^..^<

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This to me is the most friendly and supportive thread on the forum. HOWEVER there is a little bit of disquiet creeping in and I dont like it. I know it is about posting FBG with chat but that chat should be anything that we want it to be. There is such variance between our individual levels, aims, HBA1c, diet, damage, side effects, levels of carbs that we are happy with and so many other things that Diabetis throws at us. Whether we are aiming lower, struggling with higher, have weight to lose or weight to conserve lets all be friendly and tolerant. Best wishes.
I agree.
I logged on this morning, but to see disquiet mentioned.
So had to go back nearly 24 hours to find what was going on.
@Chronicle_Cat is inspirational in the weight she has lost. And imho this impacts on the morning fasting blood sugars.
I too have a lot of weight I need to lose, and my understanding about diabetes, is that once the blood sugar levels get down to a safer/manageable level, then the weight is easier to lose/or it starts to lose itself, and this s relevant to the morning fasting blood sugar levels.
Friendly and supportive, as you say @PenguinMum goes a heck of a long way in helping us with all our differing diabetes problems. We are not the same. Diabetes affects each of us differently and I find this particular thread very informative as well as the varying fasting blood sugar levels we all encounter each morning. It puts my mind at ease. The humour in this thread is helpful too.
>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Been awol for a few days for no reason except inertia really. Not wanting to think about diabetes constantly.
It’s not done me any good so I’m jumping right back in with both feet, and pleased to see familiar people ( but glad I missed murmurings of disquiet)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...stressful day yesterday couldn't remember the password for my iTunes account...so had to reset it...after attempt number 9 I finally settled with one iTunes was happy with...I can't reveal it for two reasons...firstly security reasons...secondly the profanities it contains...so frustrating...woke to a 6.4 I blame iTunes.