What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and it appears moderators.
This will possibly be my last post on this thread, being one of the more verbose correspondents. I shall be moving over to the new thread, not wanting to cross swords with the moderators ( or Auditors as I think of them and the thankless task they perform ) again.

A 6.1 greeted me this morning.

Myself and my mates chaos and mayhem and the rest of me's wish you all well.
Thanks for all the laughs, support and knowledge you all have given over the last year or so.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and it appears moderators.
This will possibly be my last post on this thread, being one of the more verbose correspondents. I shall be moving over to the new thread, not wanting to cross swords with the moderators ( or Auditors as I think of them and the thankless task they perform ) again.

A 6.1 greeted me this morning.

Myself and my mates chaos and mayhem and the rest of me's wish you all well.
Thanks for all the laughs, support and knowledge you all have given over the last year or so.

What new thread? Can I come?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I sometimes wonder what this thread is doing in this sub forum especially now as there is no discussion beyond the bare minimum to be allowed.

Oh and my FBG definitely was 4.8 +/- 15% this morning according to the my meter.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I sometimes wonder what this thread is doing in this sub forum especially now as there is no discussion beyond the bare minimum to be allowed.

Oh and my FBG definitely was 4.8 +/- 15% this morning according to the my meter.

The clue in the title is detailed, so the flow of the thread isn't derailed
It's stated as FBG related with other areas specifically dedicated to random subject deviations
For those who wish for a natter on occaisions which normally happens in the variable "DRUs"
That said, there is now another chat thread in addition too,
All in all, we've got plenty to choose..But don't forget the forum rules. ;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The clue in the title is detailed, so the flow of the thread isn't derailed
It's stated as FBG related with other areas specifically dedicated to random subject deviations
For those who wish for a natter on occaisions which normally happens in the variable "DRUs"
That said, there is now another chat thread in addition too,
All in all, we've got plenty to choose..But don't forget the forum rules. ;)
Well thanks for the explanation, Mind you the title isn't original to the thread and the meaning of the word some is as as vague and difficult to answer as the question how long is a piece of string of course the body of the opening thread does I have to admit say short comment so I suppose the answer to how long is a piece of string is a bit shorter than that mate.;)

Reactions: HarryBeau

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well thanks for the explanation, Mind you the title isn't original to the thread and the meaning of the word some is as as vague and difficult to answer as the question how long is a piece of string of course the body of the opening thread does I have to admit say short comment so I suppose the answer to how long is a piece of string is a bit shorter than that mate.;)

If yer a shed man? You'll understand that any lengthy pieces can be moved & stored in the appropriate receptacle. :)

Reactions: Freema

kre8tiv1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who deliberately take up 2 parking spots
Hi All,
I'm new to the group and newly diagnosed. I'm also in the US, so the BG measurement numbers are different. I was diagnosed 2 months ago with a FBS of 339. Doc did not order an A1C, so I have no clue as to what mine is. I've been working diligently to get my numbers down, but for the past few days my morning BG are in the mid 200s. When I get home in the evening and test again, they are in the mid 100's. I take 500 mg. of Metformin 2x per day.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,
I'm new to the group and newly diagnosed. I'm also in the US, so the BG measurement numbers are different. I was diagnosed 2 months ago with a FBS of 339. Doc did not order an A1C, so I have no clue as to what mine is. I've been working diligently to get my numbers down, but for the past few days my morning BG are in the mid 200s. When I get home in the evening and test again, they are in the mid 100's. I take 500 mg. of Metformin 2x per day.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to start your own topic & no doubt, experienced members will be along to say hello. :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,
Welcome

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If yer a shed man? You'll understand that any lengthy pieces can be moved & stored in the appropriate receptacle. :)
Yeh out of sight out of mind and does that include this one oh by the way it's nice to see you here in this thread a welcome change.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,
I'm new to the group and newly diagnosed. I'm also in the US, so the BG measurement numbers are different.

I was diagnosed 2 months ago with a FBS of 339.
Doc did not order an A1C, so I have no clue as to what mine is.
I've been working diligently to get my numbers down,
but for the past few days my morning BG are in the mid 200s.

When I get home in the evening and test again, they are in the mid 100's.

I take 500 mg. of Metformin 2x per day.

hi @kre8tiv1

welcome.

converter is HERE if that helps make sense of the euro scoring system.
can also find it on HOME page mid way down

FBS of 339. (18.8 mmols uk/euro standard )

past few days my morning BG are in the mid 200s.
250 mg/dl equals 13.9 mmol s

in the evening and test again, they are in the mid 100's. ..(150 mg/dl = 8.3 mmols)

so, you started at 18.8
fasting morning figs around 13.9
and evening 8.3

so good works being done as it's lowering, but more to do, as you probably know.

it's early days, so read up, ask questions and perhaps try one or two of the food ideas to see if they work for you.

Most will say as i do..do you have a meter..if not i'd suggest one is invaluable in helping improve those numbers.

and an idea of what you currently eat each day would be a massive help for those hoping to help you adjust a few of the heavier carb loads you may be are eating.

it is, sad to say a big learning curve, but many are here to offer helpful advice and assistance.

By way of a slight change of topic
this thread may become a tad less 'busy'

some of the regulars have moved to the other thread, please do come over and say hi there.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-was-your-fasting-blood-glucose-full-on-chat.163627/

it would be helpful for you as some may not visit here as often, if at all,
and you might miss out on some good advice.

plus you'd be most welcome.

best wishes for the journey.

ps just worked out the name...nice.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. A bit too fresh down here on the Coast. Guess I will man-up and walk to the paper shop for some exercise, shortly. Still thrilled by Vincent Kompany, David Silva and fantastic Mr Saneeeeeeeee, gooaallll.

FBG 8.3 mmo/lt at 0630 BST. Have been extra low on the LCHF diet, as in 50 g of peanuts and 2 Ryvita (plus protein/greens/salad) yesterday, no booze for days. So, an hypothesis for you. If the raised BG isn't coming from an input of carbs there must be an internal conversion of stored material going on? Sorry if that is too much detail! Yes, I am losing weight from 100 kg plus.

Have a good day everyone.

Oh yes, I'm off to join the gang on the new forum. Hope to see you all there.

Last edited: