PR SUCCESSES - GETTING THE WORD OUT THAT LCHF IS THE BEST DIET TO HELP TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice one Debs, you were awesome! Like that you got the ‘high fat’ thing in a couple of times. And you avoided the skunks in the studio!

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Debandez you really flew the flag getting message that diabetes type 2 can be put in remission and that the info on lCHF is out there if you search on the internet. Superstar and famous too terrific job M x

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez you were fantastic! I think you’ll have inspired a whole raft of people to search for help, you were lucid and informative and looked great.
Well out of my comfort zone, Ltd to what I was allowed to say. Couldn't mention DCUK and couldn't bring my bg monitor on! But I got the fact over low carb works! For bs and weight loss. I am so happy. Thought I might freeze and lose this amazing opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and DJC3

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well put of my comfort zone, Ltd to what I was allowed to say. Couldn't mention DCUK and couldn't bring my bg monitor on! But I got the fact over low carb works! For bs and weight loss. I am so happy. Thought I might freeze and lose this amazing opportunity.

Well done you.. brilliant job indeed..

Typical Zoe Williams trying to get the "its all about weight" thing in..

Reactions: jjraak and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done you.. brilliant job indeed..

Typical Zoe Williams trying to get the "its all about weight" thing in..
I wanted to talk about my bg monitor and bring it on but no time. And she said they were good for focused pts but can have a negative impact for those not so. But I'm happy to have got the low carb message across and zoe did back it up so given a lot of people hope today. I'm a very happy (and tired) bunny. Couldn't sleep last night! Couldn't eat dinner or breakfast! So nervous.

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wanted to talk about my bg monitor and bring it on but no time. And she said they were good for focused pts but can have a negative impact for those not so. But I'm happy to have got the low carb message across and zoe did back it up so given a lot of people hope today. I'm a very happy (and tired) bunny. Couldn't sleep last night! Couldn't eat dinner or breakfast! So nervous.
You did great!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Debandez. I just watched it. For those who missed it and didn't record it, it's on youtube already. Google 'This Morning Type 2 Diabetes and how to reverse it'.
I'll put the link in but I don't know if it will works as my links don't seem to now, something to do with not being able to update my chromebook.

Well my link doesn't work, perhaps someone else can link the youtube clip.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BRILLIANT, just BRILLIANT

You never gave up believing...and look how far you got...:D

Got to stay on the forum now, just so I can see what you do NEXT YEAR .

Great effort, what an inspiration
Bet your mum would have been SO, SO proud of you.

M

Member496333

Splendid!

Shame the other woman completely stonewalled the carbohydrate subject and seemed intent on making the take-home message be all about weight :banghead:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes it does seem to be the message trail is just SO wrong.

D. i'm sorry you have got T2D.
lose some weight and get your bloods in better order by eating this particular diet.

P. Lose weight..:***:..i've been trying to all my life.

D. yes it can be challenging, but your not really trying if you can't do..so just suck it up buttercup and MAKE more effort.
come back in a few months so i can start you on insulin & statins.

D. I'm sorry you have got T2D
get you bloods in better order by eating this particular diet
and lose some weight

D. yes it can be challenging, but we have found the lower carbs really does help with weight loss.
come back in a few months and we'll discuss how much weight you have lost and how long before your back
into normal HBA1c numbers.

if only..:rolleyes:

terrific little read from @Indy51 signature. (thank you Indy....most illuminating)
might well have helped the lovely Zoe, come to terms with correct order of things, IF she was allowed
http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(14)00332-3/abstract

Point 4. Although weight loss is not required for benefit, no dietary intervention is better than carbohydrate restriction for weight loss
The previous point emphasizes that low-carbohydrate diets provide benefit in the absence of weight loss. Nonetheless, such diets consistently outperform low-fat diets for whatever time period they are compared and frequently show dramatically better results.
Almost all participants in the low-carbohydrate arm were successful at a loss of 2 kg as an arbitrary cutoff mark, whereas only about half of the “healthy diet” group reached this mark.

And regardless of the hurdles, our Girl ...done us Proud..way to Go Debs.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes it does seem to be the message trail is just SO wrong.

D. i'm sorry you have got T2D.
lose some weight and get your bloods in better order by eating this particular diet.

D. yes it can be challenging, but your not really trying if you can't do..so just suck it up buttercup and MAKE more effort.
come back in a few months so i can start you on insulin & statins.

D. I'm sorry you have got T2D
get you bloods in better order by eating this particular diet
and lose some weight

D. yes it can be challenging, but we have found the lower carbs really does help with weight loss.
come back in a few months and we'll discuss how much weight you have lost and how long before your back
into normal HBA1c numbers.

if only..:rolleyes:

terrific little read from @Indy51 signature. (thank you Indy....most illuminating)
might well have helped the lovely Zoe, come to terms with correct order of things, IF she was allowed
http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(14)00332-3/abstract

And regardless of the hurdles, our Girl ...done us Proud..way to Go Debs.
I got low carb and high fat a good thing for diabetics to gain control. Told them where to find the solution by Googling 'reversing diabetes'. Takes you to diabetes.co.uk. hopefully get a few newbies! Couldn't mention mysugr or bring on my bg monitor but I feel it's was a move in the right direction. Mainstream TV. 1 million viewers for This Morning.

7.1k hits already on YouTube.

Reactions: DJC3 and Prem51

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Debandez , are you saying you were told what you could and could not say before the broadcast? Censored in other words. I don’t know why they wouldn’t allow the meter, or mention of DCUK. Yet that doctor Zoe woman was allowed to push her agenda. If so, that stinks, but you were very clever to give your clues and pointers to lead folks here. That was genius on your part. Well done.

Reactions: DJC3 and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez , are you saying you were told what you could and could not say before the broadcast? Censored in other words. I don’t know why they wouldn’t allow the meter, or mention of DCUK. Yet that doctor Zoe woman was allowed to push her agenda. If so, that stinks, but you were very clever to give your clues and pointers to lead folks here. That was genius on your part. Well done.
Asked if I could mention DCUK and mysugr. Nope. Advertising I suppose. Bg monitor no time for dr zoe said and she was right, it went so quickly!

Reactions: Prem51 and Pipp