PR SUCCESSES - GETTING THE WORD OUT THAT LCHF IS THE BEST DIET TO HELP TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic well done for getting it into the Sun and for all the hard work you have put in. I haven't been testing and need to go back to the drawing board with the testing. I'm Type II, put myself on my own version of Low Carb accidentally (because no one was helping me for months with my new diagnosis - so I just figured well if I cut carbs that I know are sugary and sugar out that is a start. By the time I finally saw a Diabetic nurse (many months down the line, sigh) I had lost 4 stone in weight was was no longer in the diabetic range. Unfortunately I was only found to be Diabetic when I presented in hospital with a serious health condition and they tested for for all manner of things. I think its why the Diabetes was sort of shelved. It was super high though when found. I was given a monitor at some point but couldn't be bothered to use it (doh). Over two years I've put one stone back on (I originally lost three stone). Annual appointment I was really unwell with my other health condition and didn't take in everything that was said apart from my readings were higher and a concern so I said I would shift the one stone I had gained and go back in three months. Three months is up and they haven't called me. Its all a bit lax where I am. I also have only shifted about half 5lbs in that three months (as other health condition was still bad and my focus wasn't on diabetes).

I think I need advice to start from the beginning and monitor my readings and take notes at my diabetic consultations. I've no idea what my HB thingy was. See, I don't even know what its called. I need to start to take this more seriously!

Have you Deb or anyone else got some pointers for me please? I'm happy eating low carb but I am a vegetarian (been one most of my life). I also intermittent fast after evening meal (as early as I can, usually 6 to 6:30pm but sometimes as late as 7:30pm then I don't usually eat again until 11am or 12pm).

Any advice welcome or suggestions where to look in the threads.

Thank you.
Hi

Sorry for delay, I'm.on holiday and no wifi!

Looks like you have been guided well. Give your surgery a ring, ask for your hba1c. Then you know what your starting point is.

Sounds like you are focused now so on
Fantastic well done for getting it into the Sun and for all the hard work you have put in. I haven't been testing and need to go back to the drawing board with the testing. I'm Type II, put myself on my own version of Low Carb accidentally (because no one was helping me for months with my new diagnosis - so I just figured well if I cut carbs that I know are sugary and sugar out that is a start. By the time I finally saw a Diabetic nurse (many months down the line, sigh) I had lost 4 stone in weight was was no longer in the diabetic range. Unfortunately I was only found to be Diabetic when I presented in hospital with a serious health condition and they tested for for all manner of things. I think its why the Diabetes was sort of shelved. It was super high though when found. I was given a monitor at some point but couldn't be bothered to use it (doh). Over two years I've put one stone back on (I originally lost three stone). Annual appointment I was really unwell with my other health condition and didn't take in everything that was said apart from my readings were higher and a concern so I said I would shift the one stone I had gained and go back in three months. Three months is up and they haven't called me. Its all a bit lax where I am. I also have only shifted about half 5lbs in that three months (as other health condition was still bad and my focus wasn't on diabetes).

I think I need advice to start from the beginning and monitor my readings and take notes at my diabetic consultations. I've no idea what my HB thingy was. See, I don't even know what its called. I need to start to take this more seriously!

Have you Deb or anyone else got some pointers for me please? I'm happy eating low carb but I am a vegetarian (been one most of my life). I also intermittent fast after evening meal (as early as I can, usually 6 to 6:30pm but sometimes as late as 7:30pm then I don't usually eat again until 11am or 12pm).

Any advice welcome or suggestions where to look in the threads.

Thank you.

Hi and sorry for delay in replying I'm away on holiday and no wifi.

I see you have been guided well.

You are focused now so a great point to start from. Contact your surgery and ask for your hba1c. You know where you are then.

This forum is amazing. Diet doctor is also fantastic.

For food ideas have a look here.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/unread

I haven't caught up yet but wanted you to know I wasnt ignoring your post. I will be in the middle of the ocean over the coming days!

Ps I find my monitor essential. Have you got one? You can get them free Lthough strips can be costly.

Reactions: Prem51

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah @DJC..Y U photobomb dennis's pics...:D

what an amazingingly uplifting story

full of daunting tasks so (seemingly) brushed aside by our superhero.

But in all honesty, it was amazing, DJ..can't begin to understand how worrying that all was for you.

and yet the underlying story WAS of courage, belief and sheer ****** minded determination.

massive respect.

And you look fantastic in those pics.

Thank you for sharing such details.

You truly are an inspiration.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJC3 and Prem51

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah @DJC..Y U photobomb dennis's pics...:D

what an amazingingly uplifting story

full of daunting tasks so (seemingly) brushed aside by our superhero.

But in all honesty, it was amazing, DJ..can't begin to understand how worrying that all was for you.

and yet the underlying story WAS of courage, belief and sheer bl00dy minded determination.

massive respect.

And you look fantastic in those pics.

Thank you for sharing such details.

You truly are an inspiration.

Thanks JJ. You’d have laughed to see the photographer trying to get Dennis to pose, I don’t think he was used to photographing animals ( not what The Sun is best known for lol) and Dennis was quite confused by the whole thing so kept trying to tootle off and do his own thing.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez I forwarded the link to the first days Sun issue with you in it to our local administrator. She got back to me today and was very impressed. Will pm you on progression of adoption of your leaflet after our meeting next week.

Post edited by Mod

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @shelley262 but actually you, @Goonergal and @Rachox were the people who really inspired me when I first joined the forum. You were so helpful, it made a huge difference and I never would have managed without you all.
Thank you for this lovely comment @DJC3, what goes around comes around, I’m sure you’ll inspire people with your story in the paper too xx

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji

Great article! Fab pics! Well done!

The only fly in the ointment is the short video clip below your article that is a link to the diabetes UK website and recommending a 'healthy breakfast' of porridge or toast and grapefruit for T2s. :banghead:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji - Yet again, I'm aghast at your transformation, in every aspect of your life.

Massive kudos to you. Massive.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji you superstar and great article too what an amazing turnaround for you and I’m sure will be inspirational for others well done on sharing your terrific success. Will hopefully make people realise too that there are more young people being diagnosed too and that this way of eating can help mental health improve too.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji

Great article! Fab pics! Well done!

The only fly in the ointment is the short video clip below your article that is a link to the diabetes UK website and recommending a 'healthy breakfast' of porridge or toast and grapefruit for T2s. :banghead:
Agree must be very confusing and it pops up on other articles too I’ve opened it by accident a few times when scrolling and reading very annoying