What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

marzak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
inactivity, being stuck indoors
A slice of toast, by mistake ;)
That's probably OK as long as it was wholemeal and not enormous!! My goodness think of the treats we used to have before diagnosis (perhaps I speak for myself but I imagine we all got more and more carb heavy as the condition developed?)
B. Nutty Muesli with a wheat bisk extra seeds blueberries apple and yoghurt and decaff coffee followed by 2 mile dog walk
Elevenses - full caff filter coffee and 4 ryvitas
(Snacks - apple pear clementine pistachios and plum through day)
L home made veg and bean soup, salad sticks and hummus
D veg stirfry bit of cheese and small piece of butter slathered toast and handful of nuts followed by a few little weights and 2 mile dog walk

Last edited:
Reactions: Annb and ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Didn’t get to post yesterday - dropped off on sofa very early in the evening.

Lots to catch up on here.

@Chook lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear you’re still struggling with your hand. Sending hugs and thoughts.
@DCUKMod @DJC3 jealous of the local deliveries. I have cut a deal with the local butcher that he will freeze any chicken skins he has and save them for me - he doesn’t routinely have them, but does get orders from those who prefer chicken skinless. If he could drop it round too.....
@maglil55 Morrisons seem to be the best bet for delivery. Last week I somehow got a slot for the next day. At the weekend I was able to book a slot for 23rd March.

Work has now closed our main office until further notice so have spent this morning trying to reorganise so I can sit somewhere other than the sofa - back is struggling with being so sedentary. May have to ask them to send me a proper chair, but then I don’t have a suitable table.....Managed to strain back moving sofa!

Yesterday breakfast was some leftover lamb shoulder with leftover gravy. Lunch was some salted almonds and a delicious cheesy Easter egg sent by a friend to cheer me up. Definitely did the job, as well as being very tasty. The Asda 30p sugarless pickled onions went down very well too.

Later on had a lc hot chocolate and 2 brined chicken thighs.

318D5846-C30D-4BBB-9C9C-0D273E215EEA.jpeg
1028F91D-783B-4B06-86AD-603688BCADBC.jpeg
231CD256-D2C3-4117-9088-CC6B03BF390A.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All!

Thought we might all need cheering up.
Just got off the phone to a friend of my parents - in her 80s, as are my parents. The idea of social distance and isolation is hitting her very hard. She lives alone (with dog) but is most affected by the idea of no social life and company. No kids. No family members nearby. And now no visitors or friends, except for electronic contact.

She can't be the only one.

So I thought I would post one of the cutest dog pics I have (Nos 1 & 2) from back before No 3 blunderbussed her way into our lives, to try and bring a smile to your faces

Enjoy:

IMG-4630_jpg.webp

and, to keep on topic, will tell you that
B: is bone broth and bovril and small hot choc (lc)
L: not yet decided
D: cheesy mince

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure how we will manage once we are shut in - Neil is also one of the "at risk" groups, so he should be self-isolating as well. The only one NOT at risk is No 2 son - he's going to be busy over the next few weeks. DIL and her eldest daughter are both vulnerable (DIL diabetes and daughter is in the early stages of pregnancy). So son will be having to do shopping for his family, us and collecting and delivering laundry as well as his job as a postman.

No-one on the Island has a reported case of the virus yet - the one possible tested negative.

Watching Breakfast programme this morning, I realised that No 2 son should be self isolating as well from the weekend because DIL is T2. We'll have to go out for food ourselves because Tescos are the only shop which delivers and there is no way of getting a delivery slot with them.Everything else that we go out to has been cancelled now.

Reactions: Chook

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Fell off the wagon this morning - there was a bit of a white loaf in the bin and I just fancied it - so I had a cheese sandwich for breakfast. Pretty sure it will have a disastrous effect on BG but there's too much else to think about right now to bother too much.

Must rein myself in and have something low carb for lunch - eggs, probably scrambled, I expect and dinner will be a veg curry, I think.

Thinking of trying to go shopping tomorrow at about 7 am, if I can manage it, to get the rest of my shopping list.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All!

Thought we might all need cheering up.
Just got off the phone to a friend of my parents - in her 80s, as are my parents. The idea of social distance and isolation is hitting her very hard. She lives alone (with dog) but is most affected by the idea of no social life and company. No kids. No family members nearby. And now no visitors or friends, except for electronic contact.

She can't be the only one.

So I thought I would post one of the cutest dog pics I have (Nos 1 & 2) from back before No 3 blunderbussed her way into our lives, to try and bring a smile to your faces

Enjoy:

IMG-4630_jpg.webp

and, to keep on topic, will tell you that
B: is bone broth and bovril and small hot choc (lc)
L: not yet decided
D: cheesy mince

The pic isn’t visible :(

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Early post as off for annual eye scan which will be fun I'm sure. Breakfast: AMT - sweetened; L: CWC: Main meal: will be mackerel and avocado salad with seeds and maybe some of the 10% Greek yogurt plus some Sainsbury’s 85% choc grated into it and some raspberries from the freezer. Hope you are all COVID free or if not giving it hell.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early post as off for annual eye scan which will be fun I'm sure. Breakfast: AMT - sweetened; L: CWC: Main meal: will be mackerel and avocado salad with seeds and maybe some of the 10% Greek yogurt plus some Sainsbury’s 85% choc grated into it and some raspberries from the freezer. Hope you are all COVID free or if not giving it hell.

Good luck with the eye scan.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria those mutts are looking like they think a treat might be in the offing. I’ve set up an ‘Isolated photographers’ channel on Teams at work so we can post random pics to keep each other amused.

Appetite not so big today, which is a relief as have been eating way too much.

Lunch was 5 small rashers of streaky bacon, 2 fried eggs and some grated cheddar.

Dinner was the most delicious thick cut ribeye from Morrison’s. Air fried. Ended up more rare than medium rare. Really juicy and tender.

Also took delivery of a box of Awfully Posh pork crackling and a box of cheesies.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Packet of pork krackle and a couple of cold XXXX Gold pots at the club.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, beer, water.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: mussels in white wine sauce with a leafy salad (hubby’s home on leave and did lunch :hungry:) followed by Greek yoghurt, strawberries and berry and almond paleo granola.
Mid afternoon: birthday phd and a black coffee.
Dinner: carbonara made with Explore Cuisine edamame ‘spaghetti’ followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
18-03-2020
Breakfast nut granola, the last and no time to make more today. Followed by the cauliflower cheese that was forgotten last night.
Lunch salad, soft cheese, ham and olive tapenade. Tea
Dinner pork chops, cabbage, green beans, few carrot slices, piece of French cheesecake two glasses of wine.
Later MrSlim had cheese and biscuits. Gave me some cheese. And I helped myself to more. Then later still some darkmilk chocolate with almonds.
Today we both followed the rules and stayed home. Have found out that we now need an official Attestation form in hand before we go out. There is a hefty €135 fine if you dont have one. Which increases if not paid within timescale.
The ferries have pretty well stopped running until April as well.
Today repainted the ensuite with white paint. Am really hoping don't need to paint again tomorrow.
This afternoon started digging a new vegetable bed. Probably take several days. The ground is clay and has not been cultivated for decades.

@Goonergal those eggs look wonderful.
@Brunneria cute dogs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Didn’t get to post yesterday - dropped off on sofa very early in the evening.

Lots to catch up on here.

@Chook lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear you’re still struggling with your hand. Sending hugs and thoughts.
@DCUKMod @DJC3 jealous of the local deliveries. I have cut a deal with the local butcher that he will freeze any chicken skins he has and save them for me - he doesn’t routinely have them, but does get orders from those who prefer chicken skinless. If he could drop it round too.....
@maglil55 Morrisons seem to be the best bet for delivery. Last week I somehow got a slot for the next day. At the weekend I was able to book a slot for 23rd March.

Work has now closed our main office until further notice so have spent this morning trying to reorganise so I can sit somewhere other than the sofa - back is struggling with being so sedentary. May have to ask them to send me a proper chair, but then I don’t have a suitable table.....Managed to strain back moving sofa!

Yesterday breakfast was some leftover lamb shoulder with leftover gravy. Lunch was some salted almonds and a delicious cheesy Easter egg sent by a friend to cheer me up. Definitely did the job, as well as being very tasty. The Asda 30p sugarless pickled onions went down very well too.

Later on had a lc hot chocolate and 2 brined chicken thighs.

View attachment 39481 View attachment 39482 View attachment 39483
Love the look of the cheesy eggs.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.5 FBG 6.4. Everything is grinding to a halt. Health club closed today for the foreseeable, boys swimming lessons stopped and even the dentists are being restricted. We were not due there until May but it's looking dubious from their email. DIL & son made the decision to take the boys out of school from tomorrow. Schools are closed from Friday anyway but they reckoned it was time with the classes being condensed and 3 of us in the vulnerable group. So no school runs for the foreseeable either. We're supporting the local stores as much as possible. Lots if them delivering to those who need it. The local farm store started rationing about a week ago and the atmosphere in there us one of calm unlike the big stores. I've not had a good day. Dipped back a bit again. It all feels a bit surreal. I think I'd be more upbeat if I could shake this bug off. Tomorrow we're going to Toyota to very likely order a Hybrid.
B. TAG
L. Still on a tomato and mayo toasted skinny bread kick.
D. Used Morrison's rib eye and green & red peppers, mushrooms, red onion and tomatoes to make chipotle beef skewers.
Still drinking a lot of water.
@Brunerria - gorgeous doggies. @Annb - good luck with the shop.
Going off for yet another hot shower and a coating of Vic. Be safe x

Reactions: Chook and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My veg curry was a bit odd - I'd cut up so much veg that I decided just to put it all in a roasting pan and in the oven with some spice. So it was pretty dry and I covered it with some passata. Tasted allright but it was strange. Lots of it left over - about 3 meals worth.

Had 2 more appointments cancelled today - podiatry was the first. I did tell them that I have a toenail cutting in to the side of my toe, causing some inflammation, but not infection. I was told just to deal with it myself (as if I can) and, if it does become infected, let them know and they might be able to do something. It's only a toenail, I know, but my mother-in-law developed gangrene in one toe which was ignored. That led to amputation of her lower leg. I'll keep an eye on it.

The second one was the diabetic clinic. Not too much bothered whether I see them or not.