What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cooler morning here as well. Trinity nine has come around a bit lively. Downhill now with nights drawing in and Christmas coming:arghh:. One or none of the following libre issued numbers could have been my fbg: 4.3 @ 4.50 on reader; 4.7 @ 5.20 on reader; 4.9 @ 5.43 on phone or 5.0 @ 6.00 on phone. 90 days with Libre today - quite an investment - have I learned anything? Easier to scan than stab so more readings. Seems to be wildly inaccurate especially at the two ends of the 14 days. It would appear the limited menu I will accept for now produces no spikes but I knew that from Stabby Mcstabbyface. I'm very driven by daily weigh in. A1c and full bloods are very important to me and until I see the picture I want there I remain sceptical about LC. Enjoy your walks with dogs, grandchildren, cats, lawnmowers and hedge trimmers.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another quiet start to the day at the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel of yet another salad - chicken with avocado - came in a 4.9 this am.

Things to do yesterday included cutting the grass (Mrs Miggins), painting wooden planters made out of old pallets (me) - two coats, keeping an eye on where the shade was and sampling some more of that New Zealand ‘water’.
Heading home later today, MIL has been offered a two bed ground floor flat overlooking the gardens in an extra care place so Mrs Miggins will take her there tomorrow. They went into lockdown with all staff very early in February and have had no Covid cases. She did a two week stay there last year to get the feel of the place so fingers crossed as this move will give her far more care than she currently enjoys.

There is a hedgerow in view from our balcony, trees shooting up into the azure. So, can I get a match of that blue from the colour wheel?

Have as wonderful a day as you can, koffy waiting to be brewed.

upload_2020-8-9_8-23-9.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cooler morning here as well. Trinity nine has come around a bit lively downhill now with nights drawing in and Christmas coming. One or none of the following libre issued numbers could have been my fbg: 4.3 @ 4.50 on reader; 4.7 @ 5.20 on reader; 4.9 @ 5.43 on phone or 5.0 @ 6.00 on phone. 90 days with Libre today - quite an investment - have I learned anything? Easier to scan than stab so more readings. Seems to be wildly inaccurate especially at the two ends of the 14 days. It would appear the limited menu I will accept for now produces no spikes but I knew that from Stabby Mcstabbyface. I'm very driven by daily weigh in. A1c and full bloods are very important to me and until I see the picture I want there I remain sceptical about LC. Enjoy walk with dogs, grandchildren, cats, lawnmowers and hedge trimmers.
I get the same with the Libre - pretty useless time for a few hours setting it’s gyroscopes and then a damp squib towards the end. I now try for a replacement time towards the end of the day and hope that it sorts itself out ready for the next morning.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those who are not heading for the beach.

A young 5.7 on the meter of mystery and naughtiness this morning.

Today me and me's will be staying in Tilehurst Towers, avoiding all physical contact with the outside world.

Now I have no idea what my fellow posters and painters are planning, but please have a great day stay well, stay safe and reading between the lines shock horror public houses seem to be breeding grounds for lockdown disease.

Slightly daft question, does the postman deliver to you on a Sunday, me neither, I think, or perhaps we never checked the post box yesterday?

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another quiet start to the day at the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel of yet another salad - chicken with avocado - came in a 4.9 this am.

Things to do yesterday included cutting the grass (Mrs Miggins), painting wooden planters made out of old pallets (me) - two coats, keeping an eye on where the shade was and sampling some more of that New Zealand ‘water’.
Heading home later today, MIL has been offered a two bed ground floor flat overlooking the gardens in an extra care place so Mrs Miggins will take her there tomorrow. They went into lockdown with all staff very early in February and have had no Covid cases. She did a two week stay there last year to get the feel of the place so fingers crossed as this move will give her far more care than she currently enjoys.

There is a hedgerow in view from our balcony, trees shooting up into the azure. So, can I get a match of that blue from the colour wheel?

Have as wonderful a day as you can, koffy waiting to be brewed.

View attachment 43215

I love your painting @dunelm
Makes me smile when you say you are trying to get a match of blue from the colour wheel! About the 436th attempt before I get the nearest to what I want....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slightly daft question, does the postman deliver to you on a Sunday, me neither, I think, or perhaps we never checked the post box yesterday?

I’ll give you a possible answer @alf_Josiah Firstly postman does not deliver on a Sunday, and neither does he deliver on 4 other days of the week since COVID-19. So two random days a week, I get a postbox delivery.

Your Sunday mail came from a neighbour, who had been delivered your mail by mistake (my postperson often makes mistakes). At one time a neighbour (pre COVID-19) would have rang/knocked and handed it to you personally. But not now...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...working again today I've never been so busy in a rush just waiting for a call for which app we'll be using today...a quick coffee & shower then hopefully we can crack on with the interviews and I'll have some of my day to myself...will catch up with posts later lots to read...woke to a 6.5

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mixed bag of anniversaries today. Nagasaki +75:bigtears: 4 years since I/we first made our own almond milk. H/m almond milk is one of the few good news stories of my LC journey - that "kettle" has done sterling service. I much prefer h/m to anything other than Morrisons.:happy:

Attachments

• Ist_almondy.png.JPG
    Ist_almondy.png.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love your painting @dunelm
Makes me smile when you say you are trying to get a match of blue from the colour wheel! About the 436th attempt before I get the nearest to what I want....
Thank you - yes it’s a real faff. I have now started my own palate in procreate and add colours (when I remember). I can then use again and even get the colour values.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get the same with the Libre - pretty useless time for a few hours setting it’s gyroscopes and then a damp squib towards the end. I now try for a replacement time towards the end of the day and hope that it sorts itself out ready for the next morning.
The postman always rings twice

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
My digital painting for today in Procreate app.

It took me 2 hours to get that background. I did enjoy doing it. But what I wanted to do in the foreground would have taken me another two hours (and the iPad was already overheating), and I have other things to do today.

So I made a duplicate, so another day I can do the foreground I want.
And for today I chose two silhouettes which represented my emotional feelings on the foreground I had wanted to do. And that is all I am saying on that.

View attachment 43214
Really like the diffused, romantic, mysterious atmosphere in this painting.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm not sure what's happened to 'What was your fasting blood sugars (with some chat)?'
But I've been here to this forum before. It's my favourite thing to post my waking blood sugar. Probably because after that everything turns pearshaped, but as long as it starts well, then that's ok.
4.8 this morning.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was 6.0 this morning,

@ert I'm sure I posted there this morning but cannot find it now strange.

Managed a couple of walks in the park over the last few days.

Took this photo of some cute ducklings all huddled together.

Togetherness2.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher your art today. A dark, moody and disconcerting background with two beautiful uplifting images. A very mixed bag of emotions poured out here, great art.

@dunelm Thank you for your comments regarding my Trees. Your art today I found really uplifting must be that blue and Hedge rows are great to paint, something very English about them, very nice image you have created.

My day was spent almost entirely at the Wildlife Centre with my son and grandchildren, lovely day. Walking back we climbed a Stile and wow what a sight. Mrs MC and I stopped to admire the field of Barley that had been planted all around with wild flowers many Poppies but also lots of other varieties. I always have my sketch pad and so did a quick pencil sketch with a view of painting them later in the week. This is looking over the Trent Valley from Wolseley Estates, ran out of time to do any watercolour painting so will finish Beech Trees Monday.
IMG_3624.JPG

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your art today. A dark, moody and disconcerting background with two beautiful uplifting images. A very mixed bag of emotions poured out here, great art.

@dunelm Thank you for your comments regarding my Trees. Your art today I found really uplifting must be that blue and Hedge rows are great to paint, something very English about them, very nice image you have created.

My day was spent almost entirely at the Wildlife Centre with my son and grandchildren, lovely day. Walking back we climbed a Stile and wow what a sight. Mrs MC and I stopped to admire the field of Barley that had been planted all around with wild flowers many Poppies but also lots of other varieties. I always have my sketch pad and so did a quick pencil sketch with a view of painting them later in the week. This is looking over the Trent Valley from Wolseley Estates, ran out of time to do any watercolour painting so will finish Beech Trees Monday.
View attachment 43227

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist for my digital painting compliment.

A great little pencil sketch from you.
Sounds as though you all had a good day.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist for my digital painting compliment.

A great little pencil sketch from you.
Sounds as though you all had a good day.
Thank you. Yes day was lovely and Wildlife Centre very quiet. Walk was also very pleasant through old Woodland, open fields where wheat had been harvested then back through the Barley. Now sat with a glass or two of red wine watching a lovely sunset, very warm.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have a brilliant day @Krystyna23040
It should be a bit cooler this early in the morning.
We did have a brilliant day @gennepher. It was cooler and a little misty. The lake walk was open so we had a lovely walk and then coffee outside the Muddy Boots Cafe.
in the afternoon we relaxed and read in our garden.

Tonight BS is 4.0 - which is a little low. Will be interesting to see what it will be in the morning.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We did have a brilliant day @gennepher. It was cooler and a little misty. The lake walk was open so we had a lovely walk and then coffee outside the Muddy Boots Cafe.
in the afternoon we relaxed and read in our garden.

Tonight BS is 4.0 - which is a little low. Will be interesting to see what it will be in the morning.
Glad the day was brilliant @Krystyna23040
Hope your BS is perfect in the morning.