What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for asking @DJC3
Usual for me is to have highest level first thing in morning, then drop to low fives and mid-fours in afternoon. (Or at least that has been normal this last few weeks). Usually morning level rises until I break the fast. What has changed recently is that I have not been seen by GP or HCP for over 6 months, for any of my health conditions, which they like to ‘monitor’. I have been using low carb meal replacement products and adding huge portions of green veg, or mushrooms, and a teaspoon of oil each day. Weight has dropped by 7kg in 5 weeks.

fasting level today 5.8.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for asking @DJC3
Usual for me is to have highest level first thing in morning, then drop to low fives and mid-fours in afternoon. (Or at least that has been normal this last few weeks). Usually morning level rises until I break the fast. What has changed recently is that I have not been seen by GP or HCP for over 6 months, for any of my health conditions, which they like to ‘monitor’. I have been using low carb meal replacement products and adding huge portions of green veg, or mushrooms, and a teaspoon of oil each day. Weight has dropped by 7kg in 5 weeks.

fasting level today 5.8.

A double win then - bg and weight loss. Well done that’s great.