What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Other species please go and play on the bacon slicer.

A 5.9 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness.

All is dark and quiet here in Tilehurst Towers and today is a day of I wonder and I surely do wonder, this is the advantage of an empty mind.
Bye for now and enjoy this pre bin day.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love that Archie is doing an amazing recovery. He is happy and enjoying life.
Thank you @gennepher .
Yes, I agree it is so lovely that he is happy and enjoying life again. This morning he has made another amazing leap forward in his recovery. He is back to normal. Mr K pointed out that Archie has never been a normal dog. So he is now back to normal for Archie.

We will gradually build up his stamina and strength again so he can enjoy his walks in all his favourite places.

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am grateful for a roof to keep me dry.

I need a day to recuperate...to hibernate...
@gennepher - what a stressful day you had yesterday. Thank goodness you have such a good roofer. It must have been an enormous relief when you realised that he could get your roof water tight yesterday.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 on this really wet morning. We have our boiler being serviced today, hopefully. It really needs it because it missed it's service last March because of lockdown.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone. Swipey is still boxing clever * and Stabbo (s) furloughed.so no fbg report from heavily armed Suffolk. Good news about Archie, boiler service, roofs - No 2 son very recently had £15k worth of roofing :bigtears: . Great fbg @Muddy Cyclist. I may need a Vivaro as the Transit seems to be kaput. * I was 10 so not guilty of dressing and dancing like that, Some of you may feel more embarrassed:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 on this really wet morning. We have our boiler being serviced today, hopefully. It really needs it because it missed it's service last March because of lockdown.

Good luck with the service @Krystyna23040

I am in the same position, mine got missed last year because of lockdown. I should be rearranging mine, but I cannot face it at the moment.

I am so glad Archie is doing so well. Your posts about him are uplifting.

I am lucky to still have Popeye, after those bad abscesses last year from the feral cat attack. And then his dementia where the vet wanted to put him to sleep because he was bad with it. I'd said no. Came home. Researched. Found some rather expensive dementia tablets for cats. Immediate improvement, but it got better and better over the months with daily tablets which he still has. He is 100% back to the old Popeye with not a sign of that dementia. Everyday I am completely amazed I still have him. He will be 29 years old in May! I never thought there might be a possibility of that day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 yesterday and 4.7 today

Sunday meal went well and I missed posting yesterday evening because I was trying to finish a lace scarf I was knitting for Mum's 96th birthday today. I did manage it but it took me a bit longer than I expected :sorry:

We usually would take Mum out for lunch for her birthday but that's not a going concern just now so we took the makings for fish, chips and mushy peas over and made lunch today. Mr gee had a few chips and I had cauli :hilarious:

Glad to hear that jabs are starting to appear for some now, we have not heard anything here so far and I presume Mum would be in an early group :(
Scotland is using a different strategy I believe, vaccinating medical people and care home staff first together with care home residents before moving to other vulnerable groups.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - like both your pictures, in the first the foliage is good and it's a good shot at a dark sky, I find a dark sky really difficult, the second is an impressive picture of that gorge, the colours work well and I like how the little figure on the bridge in the foreground works :)

@Krystyna23040 - so good to hear that Archie is progressing and good for him digging in the garden :D

@jjraak - well done on winning back a sliver of normal :joyful:

@JFWinstone - hope things improve for you soon.

@gennepher - I'm sorry that you felt such sadness, I hope things feel brighter soon. Your art is lovely, two fine paintings, the first has such a sense of space and the foliage against the dark foreground is a nice contrast. The second has such lovely glowing colour and you've done such a good job with the reflections :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm glad you're managing to keep up with your music despite covid. Hope your trip goes ok and thank goodness for Wilfred ;)

I love the palette you've used to begin your painting and I look forward to seeing the series :)

Art bit -

we're getting some nice tinted skies just now :) when the sun is quite low it can just catch the clouds .

View attachment 46938
Thank you for your kind comments. Lovely thing taking birthday lunch to your mum. Jabs and stabs moving along so hope that your mum gets hers very soon. Another good landscape from you today, your hills and mountains are always so very good - nice tinge in the sky.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @dunelm

I love your painting, depth and perspective, and especially the green which is my favourite colour...

Thank you @Krystyna23040

I love that Archie is doing an amazing recovery. He is happy and enjoying life.

Great start on your painting @Muddy Cyclist

Hope border control goes effortlessly (I will send a file over if needed), and eulogy goes well.

@jjraak take care with your feet, you might be needed with your motorcycle to rescue @Muddy Cyclist ....

A beautiful painting @geefull
I love that rosy colour catching the clouds.
Happy 96th for mum!

Take care everyone.
:)
Thank you @gennepher, I do like greens - especially the blue/green

Reactions: geefull

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Yesterday a stressful day.
I had insurance to deal with first. I needed to ask questions and couldn't use the phone to do so (deafness precludes that), nor to pay over the phone for same reason. It is a very small local insurance brokers, and they have always been good.

Came back home, got out of car, walked back to bungalow.
OMG.
Slipping roof tiles down my roof.
Texted roofer. He got back to me midday. And could come at 3pm.
Heart sank because he wouldn't be able to do that job today, would he?
I'm overly stressed. Cannot do anything. Sit by window to watch arrival of roofer. I don't want to miss him.
But he texted from his van when he arrived. He always does that.
He assesses roof. Tells me I need that dry verge system for tiles. Because they have slipped with the bad weather we get and it caused tiles further back to slip. He has said this a couple of years ago, and I had said no, just fix the tiles. This time I said yes. We negotiated a price.
I will do it now because the weather is going to turn he says.
Half hour later he is back with the stuff. The light is going. They fix the tiles on the roof. Then install this dry verge system. The pair of them work like Trojans.
I take my torch out to see it. Looks good.
I pay him. Thank him and his mate.

This morning, we already have winds and driving rain.
I am sending up thank you prayers for yesterday.

I am poorer by over half a grand from yesterday with insurance and roof. I need to rejiggle finances which don't exist....

I am grateful for a roof to keep me dry.

I need a day to recuperate...to hibernate...

My painting in Procreate this morning...

View attachment 46940
Tough day and thankful for small mercies spotting the roof slippage, could have lost the roof - is a home insurance claim possible? Wonderful dark yet hopeful scene from you. Keep safe.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tough day and thankful for small mercies spotting the roof slippage, could have lost the roof - is a home insurance claim possible? Wonderful dark yet hopeful scene from you. Keep safe.

Thank you @dunelm

I could have lost one whole side of the roof.

I shall have to see is a claim is possible.

Reactions: geefull

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wet, drippy start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of lots of eggs with not much else came in at 4.8 this am

Morrisons providing a box of goodies that will feed a family of four for a week for £30 - how embarrassing. Come on Govt, if you’re not part of the solution, you are a solid, or a gas.
New boots arrived yesterday from those nice boot makers at Altberg just after I got back from my walk so feet nicely warmed up - wore them round the house for four hours, just to make sure - fine.
Tomorrows International Bin Day will go ahead despite attempts to drive viewers away for an overseas inaugurational socially distanced fan dance with warm up band The National Guard thanks to an idea taken from an old 10CC number.

Ducks hiding in the reeds yesterday so a very quick sketch on a small 2 x 4 piece of very pale yellow rice paper - and, while wearing walking boots. Take the very best of care, must have koffy.
upload_2021-1-19_9-6-39.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the service @Krystyna23040

I am in the same position, mine got missed last year because of lockdown. I should be rearranging mine, but I cannot face it at the moment.

I am so glad Archie is doing so well. Your posts about him are uplifting.

I am lucky to still have Popeye, after those bad abscesses last year from the feral cat attack. And then his dementia where the vet wanted to put him to sleep because he was bad with it. I'd said no. Came home. Researched. Found some rather expensive dementia tablets for cats. Immediate improvement, but it got better and better over the months with daily tablets which he still has. He is 100% back to the old Popeye with not a sign of that dementia. Everyday I am completely amazed I still have him. He will be 29 years old in May! I never thought there might be a possibility of that day.
Popeye is amazing. Thank goodness you didn't take the advice of the vet and did your own research and discovered the dementia tablets.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist - great news about the jab
@Krystyna23040 - Keeping fingers crossed re: lodger, and good news that Archie is progressing
@gennepher - hugs for the finance rejigging... I know the feeling so huge hugs

Swipey free and trying to dose the limbs with betnovate on one arm for a week and bio-oil on the other...

Expensive times continue at the house of Rozzington Bear - not content with a new battery for Gavin the Mini, I noticed that just half of my kitchen sink plug hole seemed to be clear to drain away. I put a sink unblocked on it but made no difference, and it just looked like the fitting below had been knocked and was blocking half the plug hole.
WRONG - it was a huge build up of gunk that was gradually encroaching across the plug-hole. Plumber with a wet-vac took two goes and a lot of hot water to clear that all away... and just yuk!

Anyway.... on top of that I have finally had to admit defeat and put in an order for a new laptop. My old one is now 6 years old, and sounds like a plane taking off. It will become a spare for upstairs but that will be where most of the incoming rent at the end of the month will be going as I really can't put it off for much longer.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

fine but cold here today, the frost hasn't gone off the car all day :sorry:

When I checked the website of our Health Centre yesterday evening there was an new update posted over the weekend saying that they hoped to get the start of their vaccine supplies in on Monday and would start contacting people in the most vulnerable group on Tuesday if that was the case.

Lo and behold Mum got a phone call this morning :joyful: she is booked in for Friday mid-morning. We will take her into town to get the jab. She will have to wait at the Health Centre for 15 mins. after she has been given the jab so she can either wait in the distanced waiting room or in our car in the car park :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope your journey runs on track and you get home safely :)

@dunelm - I like the texture of that paper ;) and quick sketch or no, you have managed to capture the water well :)

@gennepher - ouch for the bill! winner for the peace of mind once you've recovered at having the job well completed and in such a timely manner :)
Lovely piece of art, feels spacious and i like the sky with it's slim sliver of moon. Will you use it as the backdrop for a poem?

art bit -
my version of a painting I saw on Pinterest, I thought I had saved a reference to the painter but the link doesn't go anywhere :sorry: I liked the effective way the reflections were painted with a limited palette so I thought I'd have a go ;)

upload_2021-1-19_18-8-6.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - great news about the jab
@Krystyna23040 - Keeping fingers crossed re: lodger, and good news that Archie is progressing
@gennepher - hugs for the finance rejigging... I know the feeling so huge hugs

Swipey free and trying to dose the limbs with betnovate on one arm for a week and bio-oil on the other...

Expensive times continue at the house of Rozzington Bear - not content with a new batt ery for Gavin the Mini, I noticed that just half of my kitchen sink plug hole seemed to be clear to drain away. I put a sink unblocked on it but made no difference, and it just looked like the fitting below had been knocked and was blocking half the plug hole.
WRONG - it was a huge build up of gunk that was gradually encroaching across the plug-hole. Plumber with a wet-vac took two goes and a lot of hot water to clear that all away... and just yuk!

Anyway.... on top of that I have finally had to admit defeat and put in an order for a new laptop. My old one is now 6 years old, and sounds like a plane taking off. It will become a spare for upstairs but that will be where most of the incoming rent at the end of the month will be going as I really can't put it off for much longer.
Hm! Laptops and pc’s in general collect and gather a whole host of cloggy stuff over the years so once you are set up, perhaps have it cleaned up. When I used a laptop, I saved all files onto an external drive and kept the c and d drive as clean as I could and de-coked it every month end - treat like a vacuum cleaner and empty the bag often - they are pretty useless in that regard. Thank goodness for IPads and cloud storage (until it all goes wrong of course).

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

When I checked the website of our Health Centre yesterday evening there was an new update posted over the weekend saying that they hoped to get the start of their vaccine supplies in on Monday and would start contacting people in the most vulnerable group on Tuesday if that was the case.

Lo and behold Mum got a phone call this morning :joyful: she is booked in for Friday mid-morning. We will take her into town to get the jab. She will have to wait at the Health Centre for 15 mins. after she has been given the jab so she can either wait in the distanced waiting room or in our car in the car park :)

@dunelm - I like the texture of that paper ;) and quick sketch or no, you have managed to capture the water well :)

@gennepher - ouch for the bill! winner for the peace of mind once you've recovered at having the job well completed and in such a timely manner :)
Lovely piece of art, feels spacious and i like the sky with it's slim sliver of moon. Will you use it as the backdrop for a poem?

art bit -
my version of a painting I saw on Pinterest, I thought I had saved a reference to the painter but the link doesn't go anywhere :sorry: I liked the effective way the reflections were painted with a limited palette so I thought I'd have a go ;)

View attachment 46944
Bodes well for your mum and thank your for your comments on my sketch. Interesting piece of art from you today. Sparse - not bleak - sparse. Nicely done with such a restriction of colour. I think it would look great on a larger canvas.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher - I am so pleased to report that the boiler was serviced today. Apparently British Gas are only servicing people like us who missed their service last year because of Covid 19. Gas

I took Archie out for a little walk this morning. It was really a very short walk just up the road a little way. Then this evening he came over to me for his first cuddle since the stroke. He is definitely a much happier dog today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.5 today

art bit -

View attachment 46944

Glad mum should be getting the jab soon.

it is a nuisance when the link in Pinterest goes nowhere. It is always something that appears interesting @geefull
A great piece of different art from you.

Thanks. Yes, many of my digital paintings will be used for poems when the time is right...

Reactions: jjraak and geefull