What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - chia pudding made with greek yoghurt, cinnamon, flaxseeds & berries and a little double cream drizzled over the top. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Chicken breast with peppercorn sauce over the top and a large side salad with a dollop of coleslaw. 2 squares 90% lindtt with peanut butter on top and a mug of earl grey tea

Lazy Sunday today (as visited my mum on Friday) and had a fresh winters walk earlier before darkness fell

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with raspberries, blueberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: roast chicken, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
750 carbs blood sugar 7.9

Hi @DarrenW29
750g carbs isn’t most people’s idea of low carb. I personally stick to under 45g/day. This thread is for members to share what their low carb menu for the day has been so we can share ideas.

Reactions: Antje77

Onlinecaroline

I ended up completing a 22hr fast (more accidental as our ship did not come).

Dinner - An Indian takeaway, garlic tikka chicken and chicken wings. With one Pattaks poppadom

2 squares Green and Blacks with a cuppa.

Back to more normal eating tomorrow, this is my first take away since being diagnosed. I think I made wise decisions other than the poppadom !? But if anyone knows anything better or order, I’d be all ears.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold snowy day here today. Town’s Bridge is still closed due to flooding as the temporary flood barriers on east side of town collapsed and flooded the houses and main road through the town. It’s now receding but still very high and lots of families had to move out. All very dramatic. A very hungry day .....
Breakfast two Waitrose 1 chipolatas and fried egg with half slice hm lc toast
Lunch nuts, chorizo and vintage cheddar plus small bag of cheesies and some 100% choc with coffee
Dinner beef brisket roasted vegetables and glass of red wine followed by hm lc lemon curd pudding warm with cream.
@Mrs T 123 pleased you like the lasagne using cheese slices instead of pasta it’s a fave of mine. I buy high fat mince from a local farm about a mile from home who breed dexter cattle for beef and got a delivery a few days ago all stashed in freezer so think some will be made later this week.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast (aka stayed in bed reading!)
Grabbed quick lunch of ham and cheese roll ups and 2 lc scones from the freezer
D: roast chicken with roast swede and carrots, boiled brocoli and sprouts. A little double cream with seeds and blueberries.
Everyone else is drinking alcohol tonight while watching a live stream. I had 2 sqs 85%

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold snowy day here today. Town’s Bridge is still closed due to flooding as the temporary flood barriers on east side of town collapsed and flooded the houses and main road through the town. It’s now receding but still very high and lots of families had to move out. All very dramatic. A very hungry day .....
Breakfast two Waitrose 1 chipolatas and fried egg with half slice hm lc toast
Lunch nuts, chorizo and vintage cheddar plus small bag of cheesies and some 100% choc with coffee
Dinner beef brisket roasted vegetables and glass of red wine followed by hm lc lemon curd pudding warm with cream.
@Mrs T 123 pleased you like the lasagne using cheese slices instead of pasta it’s a fave of mine. I buy high fat mince from a local farm about a mile from home who breed dexter cattle for beef and got a delivery a few days ago all stashed in freezer so think some will be made later this week.
@shelley262 I am planning on making the bread tomorrow - does it swell/increase in size once in the oven, so should I leave a little room/gap around the edges of the tin or just fill the tin with the dough so there is no space at the sides/edges and should I put a little olive oil or butter around the sides and on the bottom so it doesn't stick to the tin or nothing or what do you do?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I am planning on making the bread tomorrow - does it swell/increase in size once in the oven, so should I leave a little room/gap around the edges of the tin or just fill the tin with the dough so there is no space at the sides/edges and should I put a little olive oil or butter around the sides and on the bottom so it doesn't stick to the tin or nothing or what do you do?
Hiya good luck with your bread.
I line my tin at bottom with baking parchment and also put some butter on it to make sure.
Push the dough down so it fills up to the edges of tin there should be space in tin for it to expand upwards. Most of growth happens before baking during proving. To help it when proving I cover with a buttered silicone sheet or clingfilm. Keeps it warmer. There may be a bit more rising in oven but it just sits happily above the tin it dosent pour out as it’s solid. Hope it rises well - the yeast and eggs are what make the difference. Never used a pre mix and do hope it’s a success hope instructions are good too.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya good luck with your bread.
I line my tin at bottom with baking parchment and also put some butter on it to make sure.
Push the dough down so it fills up to the edges of tin there should be space in tin for it to expand upwards. Most of growth happens before baking during proving. To help it when proving I cover with a buttered silicone sheet or clingfilm. Keeps it warmer. There may be a bit more rising in oven but it just sits happily above the tin it dosent pour out as it’s solid. Hope it rises well - the yeast and eggs are what make the difference. Never used a pre mix and do hope it’s a success hope instructions are good too.
Fab - thanks for that - much appreciated - I'll see how this goes and may start making my own x

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Yesterday
Breaky Scrambled eggs on two slices low carb sourdough toast two black coffees

Dinner did plan lamb cutlets but didn't have much energy so had two slices of sourdough bread with butter more carbs then I intendend

Breaky Scrambled eggs with ham and grilled tomato on two slices sourdough toast two black coffees

Lunch
full fat greek yoghurt with home made plum preserve and nuts
Now have headache tested my BSL it is 5.8 so not sure why took some panadol and resting

Dinner
Planning cook lamb cutlets on my cast iron skillet Have been marinating the cutlets in a spice blend and will have with some vegetables or a salad.

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Fab - thanks for that - much appreciated - I'll see how this goes and may start making my own x
Oh I'm curious on the recipe can you post

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - h/m lasagne with side salad. I was hoping to have some freshly baked garlic bread with it but that did not happen ...

So, I tried the SLC ready bread mix today - never again! - Firstly, I added the recommended amount of water but there was still a lot of dry mix in the bowl so added some more water and mixed to a dough albeit it sticky dough... so bread comes out the oven looks perfect - that's were the perfect ends - the outside looked lovely, the insides were still a bit gooey so stuck it back in the oven for another half an hour took it out and at this point I thought I will cut it in to slices and if need be put them back in the over for another 5 mins or whatever. Well bread too big for the bread cutting machine I had bought so that's it, it is going in the bin and I won't be trying it again at £5.99 a packet and it has stuck to everything - dishes are still steeping in the sink. May be just me (not a lot going right for me atm).. back to ordering ready made again or I may try some recipes from you tube (not in a hurry to try this right enough) but what a waste of time and money!

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - h/m lasagne with side salad. I was hoping to have some freshly baked garlic bread with it but that did not happen ...

So, I tried the SLC ready bread mix today - never again! - Firstly, I added the recommended amount of water but there was still a lot of dry mix in the bowl so added some more water and mixed to a dough albeit it sticky dough... so bread comes out the oven looks perfect - that's were the perfect ends - the outside looked lovely, the insides were still a bit gooey so stuck it back in the oven for another half an hour took it out and at this point I thought I will cut it in to slices and if need be put them back in the over for another 5 mins or whatever. Well bread too big for the bread cutting machine I had bought so that's it, it is going in the bin and I won't be trying it again at £5.99 a packet and it has stuck to everything - dishes are still steeping in the sink. May be just me (not a lot going right for me atm).. back to ordering ready made again or I may try some recipes from you tube (not in a hurry to try this right enough) but what a waste of time and money!
So sorry it didn’t work for you I’d never tried any lc bread mixes including this one not sure if anyone has? I’ve only made from scratch and using live yeast so that it’s proved well.trouble is with any lc baking the ingredients are so so expensive that it is beyond frustrating when goes wrong. I think @DJC3 had a bit of a disaster with a lc bread mix a while ago?
Think however @DJC3 now uses a diet doctor keto bread rolls recipe? May be this one
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-keto-bread
@DJC3 is this the one you do?

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Took hours to clear the drive of deep snow this morning so we could get car out on our care visit- also had to go round the long way because the bridge was still closed. They are going to be investigating just how the flood barriers failed yet again so bridge and area may be closed a while longer yet although water level has dropped a little.
Breakfast just black coffee to keep me going
Lunch frittata with chorizo and kimchi with a few nuts
Mid pm while out a few squares of 100% choc with flask of black coffee
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads and more kimchi followed by hm lc lemon pudding with hm lemon curd.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 so pleased you have avoided the floods

Re bread recipes theres an easy no yeast one on keto fitness club.
I think its called cheesy soda bread. I make it into 2 small round loaves then freeze it in quarters. Not really the size and shape for sandwiches but good as rolls or with soup
Simple, relatively cheap ingredients

I can't link to the site, sorry

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry it didn’t work for you I’d never tried any lc bread mixes including this one not sure if anyone has? I’ve only made from scratch and using live yeast so that it’s proved well.trouble is with any lc baking the ingredients are so so expensive that it is beyond frustrating when goes wrong. I think @DJC3 had a bit of a disaster with a lc bread mix a while ago?
Think however @DJC3 now uses a diet doctor keto bread rolls recipe? May be this one
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-keto-bread
@DJC3 is this the one you do?
Thanks for that Mrs - the most disappointing thing was it looked lovely on the outside so at first I thought it was going to be ok and I had planned for having some warm fresh bread with garlic butter on top to have with my lasagne and probably wouldn't have bothered so much about the cost if I had been working but with not working just now I am watching my pennies ...

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Took hours to clear the drive of deep snow this morning so we could get car out on our care visit- also had to go round the long way because the bridge was still closed. They are going to be investigating just how the flood barriers failed yet again so bridge and area may be closed a while longer yet although water level has dropped a little.
Breakfast just black coffee to keep me going
Lunch frittata with chorizo and kimchi with a few nuts
Mid pm while out a few squares of 100% choc with flask of black coffee
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads and more kimchi followed by hm lc lemon pudding with hm lemon curd.
There is nothing worse when you have to dig yourself out to get out on to the road in the snow :banghead:- you are having a nightmare time of it just now weather wise - do take care and keep safe x

Reactions: Onlinecaroline

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with blueberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: cheese, tomato and mushroom omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.